Options

MLB 2024 Season

Comments

• Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,521
    kershaw says he wants to win “another” world series.

that’s cute.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    fuck the cocksuckers.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,605
    Fucking scumbag dodgers got him 
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,465
    Damn
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    12 years $27 million a year
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,470
    ?Who???
  • Options
    cutz said:
    ?Who???
    Yamamoto 
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,470
    igotid88 said:
    cutz said:
    ?Who???
    Yamamoto 
    Thank you.
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,258
    When do they start paying him? In the year 2069?
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,666
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    motherfucking cocksuckers.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    motherfucking cocksuckers.
    Top of the morning to you!!
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    I guess it was the Dodgers' to lose. If the Yankees had offered the same they'd most likely would have chosen the Dodgers. Also their system has been working. Maybe not so much in the playoffs but for the season they're going to get 95+ wins. Also the NL west hasn't been that competitive. They could have joined Arizona or San Diego to make it more interesting. 
    Post edited by igotid88 on
    I miss igotid88
  • Options

I miss igotid88
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,530
    How the hell can you enforce that pitcher warm up rule? What if there’s a double play?
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18;
    Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    Thorns2010Thorns2010 Posts: 2,199
    From this article on it https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/39161682/mlb-competition-committee-tinkering-pitch-runners-lanes

Barring an injury, a pitcher who begins to warm up at the start of an inning will now be required to face at least one batter. Previously, they could be replaced during or after warmups. The league said there were 24 instances last season where the pitcher that warmed up between innings was replaced before throwing a pitch -- adding approximately three minutes of dead time.

Sounds like it is just worded poorly in that graphic, as I take that to mean a pitcher who goes to the mound to warm up, not someone in the bullpen.

• Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    I honestly thought/figured that was the rule anyways
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,530
    From this article on it https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/39161682/mlb-competition-committee-tinkering-pitch-runners-lanes

Barring an injury, a pitcher who begins to warm up at the start of an inning will now be required to face at least one batter. Previously, they could be replaced during or after warmups. The league said there were 24 instances last season where the pitcher that warmed up between innings was replaced before throwing a pitch -- adding approximately three minutes of dead time.

Sounds like it is just worded poorly in that graphic, as I take that to mean a pitcher who goes to the mound to warm up, not someone in the bullpen.

Warming up on the actual pitcher's mound - got it. Yeah I hate when they do that crap.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18;
    Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    igotid88 said:
    I guess it was the Dodgers' to lose. If the Yankees had offered the same they'd most likely would have chosen the Dodgers. Also their system has been working. Maybe not so much in the playoffs but for the season they're going to get 95+ wins. Also the NL west hasn't been that competitive. They could have joined Arizona or San Diego to make it more interesting. 
    “Their system”? they don’t have a system. They have gobs of money. At least the Yankees teams most of us hated developed a few of their own stars.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,110
    So they're changing a rule based on events that happen less than 1% of the time? Makes sense.
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    igotid88 said:
    “Their system”? they don’t have a system. They have gobs of money. At least the Yankees teams most of us hated developed a few of their own stars.
    Talking about their analytics team and Andrew Friedman. Made the Rays a better team and got the Dodgers to where they are now. 
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    igotid88 said:
    Wobbie said:
    igotid88 said:
    Talking about their analytics team and Andrew Friedman. Made the Rays a better team and got the Dodgers to where they are now. 
    it’s not analytics, it’s money.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    Wobbie said:
    igotid88 said:
    Wobbie said:
    igotid88 said:
    Obviously money helps. But the Rays weren't spending. If Robert's were to leave or be fired and go to a different team that spends as much. He won't be averaging 100 wins 
    Post edited by igotid88 on
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,666
    Stupid fucking Mets pay more in salary tax than Reds paid in salary.  Both teams missed playoffs....but Reds were out with a few days left in the season and Mets were out by trading deadline.
    Cohen is a dope.  Mets are bad for MLB.

Go ahead and rip me, Mets fans, your franchise is problematic.
  • Options
    igotid88 said:
    Wobbie said:
    igotid88 said:
    Wobbie said:
    igotid88 said:
    Obviously money helps. But the Rays weren't spending. If Robert's were to leave or be fired and go to a different team that spends as much. He won't be averaging 100 wins 
    moot point, since there is no other team “that spends as much.”

F’me - a bunch of teams are “problematic.” MLB should, but won’t, do more to promote parity.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    igotid88 said:
    Wobbie said:
    igotid88 said:
    Wobbie said:
    igotid88 said:

F’me - a bunch of teams are “problematic.” MLB should, but won’t, do more to promote parity.
    Truth.
    Idiot ownership groups all around!
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    igotid88 said:
    Wobbie said:
    igotid88 said:
    Wobbie said:
    igotid88 said:

There are at least 2 teams that can spend that much 
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    $23MM for Teoscar?
  • Options
    $23MM for Teoscar?
    cocksuckers find it under their couch cushions.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    Its broken and awful.   

Baseball will be the on the same plane as Horse Racing and Boxing in 30-50 years.  Once the most popular sports of bygone eras reduced to the fringe.