MLB 2024 Season

Comments

• The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    World series baseball tonight! Can't fucking wait.

And MLB denying the Rangers to have Dirk throw out the first pitch? Really? That's as weak as it gets.

Go Rangers. I hope Hamilton hits a ball off of carpenter's face

Ha, I'm pulling for the Cards, I think. Rangers are making a lot of money with the last two years runs but winning would put it over the top. That could get scary for the AL, especially considering their low payroll right now.

I can't stand larussa, pujols, or carpenter...so yeah, I'm pulling for the rangers by default. even though cj wilson is a huge tool.

There was a Dan Patrick interview with Wilson in SI this week. He has never had a drop of alcohol, he hates football, and he loves NASCAR. As far as I'm concerned he struck out on three pitches...ryan howard style
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    The Fixer wrote:

I can't stand larussa, pujols, or carpenter...so yeah, I'm pulling for the rangers by default. even though cj wilson is a huge tool.

There was a Dan Patrick interview with Wilson in SI this week. He has never had a drop of alcohol, he hates football, and he loves NASCAR. As far as I'm concerned he struck out on three pitches...ryan howard style

I like Pujols (at least enjoy watching him play and think he's good for the game) and don't hate larussa as much as most.

That's brutal. He's a nerd. I couldn't stand listening to one of those in game interviews earlier in the playoffs.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

I like Pujols (at least enjoy watching him play and think he's good for the game) and don't hate larussa as much as most.

That's brutal. He's a nerd. I couldn't stand listening to one of those in game interviews earlier in the playoffs.

plus if the rangers win I can't wait to see how ron washington gets arrested. I picture him having a charlie sheen-like bash
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

plus if the rangers win I can't wait to see how ron washington gets arrested. I picture him having a charlie sheen-like bash

Or Doc Gooden

http://espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/story/_ ... oing-drugs

Just read this today.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

That's crazy that he was able to have success into the 90's.

Give any kid millions of dollars and throw him in NYC. Kind of surprising that you don't hear more stories like this.
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

And MLB denying the Rangers to have Dirk throw out the first pitch? Really? That's as weak as it gets.
    Really? Did they give a reason why?
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    Newch91 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

They are denying it has anything to do with the labor negotiations but that's the only reason. They said some shit about mass appeal yet they have some regular guy throwing out the first pitch in st louis. Nonsense, they are sticking by the NBA which is bullshit.
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

They are denying it has anything to do with the labor negotiations but that's the only reason. They said some shit about mass appeal yet they have some regular guy throwing out the first pitch in st louis. Nonsense, they are sticking by the NBA which is bullshit.
    That gets a lame level of 100.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    Newch91 wrote:
    That gets a lame level of 100.

Yeah, terrible.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I would love to see obama throw out the first pitch at one of the games in texas. I wonder how the crowd would react when he was introduced
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,863
    The Fixer wrote:

"struck out on three pitches" :lol::lol: yeah, Mr. Straight Edge is a major tool.

I hate both teams, also. I don't want either one to win but the silver lining is.....one will lose :mrgreen:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    love texas for the series...

leaning towards cards tonight but the bad weather is now making me lean towards texas

texas in 6...maybe 5
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,406
    cards in 7.

go nl.
    www.myspace.com
  • cards in 7.

go nl.

I'm with you on this. I just love the way the Cardinals have been playing the last two months.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
    I'm down with Cards in 7. Just want to see a good series. and as little of W's mug as possible.
    Man, McCarver looks awful. I know he was having health issues
    The Fixer wrote:

Was just thinking the same. He missed the beginning of the last series for some type of surgery.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,728
    don't really care who wins (I like both teams about the same). Just hoping for a decent series :)
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    was that ryan howard pinch hitting for texas? what a terrible AB
    How the fuck does Dotel get people out?
    why does fox continue to play its football music for baseball games? :x

i hate this network.
    www.myspace.com
    hamilton is going yard on this fossil
    The Fixer wrote:

I was just thinking the same thing
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

you're both wrong.
    www.myspace.com
    Nope. I have no idea how this bullpen has been so good.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

you're both wrong.

that 3-1 swing reminded me of an overpaid first baseman whose name ryhmes with bryan showered

every awful swing I see reminds me of that guy
    did you guys see that pepsi/field of dreams commercial earlier?

phenomenal. loved seeing schmitty in the old power blue
    www.myspace.com
    oh shit. there it is again.
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

you're both wrong.

that 3-1 swing reminded me of an overpaid first baseman whose name ryhmes with bryan showered

every awful swing I see reminds me of that guy

you're more obsessed with ryan howard than neilly is about cliff lee :lol:
    www.myspace.com
  • megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

Was just thinking the same. He missed the beginning of the last series for some type of surgery.

"and thats a bad break for Mccarver..and an even less badder break for the fans"

sorry but he would find it elegant