MLB 2024 Season

Comments

• tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,850
    Wobbie said:
    there’s a lot of talent on display but not much “star power” by the 5th inning. this thing is getting as bad as the other ASGs.
    I think there were like 80 guys the teams had to run through?
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    Wobbie said:
    there’s a lot of talent on display but not much “star power” by the 5th inning. this thing is getting as bad as the other ASGs.
    I think there were like 80 guys the teams had to run through?
    joe mantiply (who?????) looked pretty good.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    This is the worst broadcast of all time. Joe Davis blows. Enough with the mic’d up players. You can’t hear them talk and the announcers don’t say a damn thing. This is god awful. Somehow Fox managed to get WORSE without Joe Buck. 
    I loved the mic'd up players so I don't know what the problem is Boomer.  That sequence between Nestor and Trevino was really cool.
    Boomer.  Ha. Not even close.

I usually love mic'd up players. I couldn't hear the mics last night. And Davis & Smoltz weren't exactly saying much to them. Davis sucks as a play-by-play guy.  Utterly terrible execution on the broadcast. Four whole innings last night it felt like there was no commentary whatsoever.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    The parts I watched (went to bed in 4th or 5th) I agree with you .  The comments from the players were great- turn it up.  More them and less the new Joe Buck guy.  Smoltz is just ok.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    edited July 2022
    Uniforms were terrible.  Bring back them wearing their team jersey.  

Watched about 5 minutes of it.  Loved it as a kid but all star games in general are pretty boring and useless today
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    I don’t like it when they mic up players because it almost made Verdugo likable out there playing the monster a couple of weeks ago. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:
    I don’t like it when they mic up players because it almost made Verdugo likable out there playing the monster a couple of weeks ago. 
    maybe they should mic you up, dan.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    Pumped for the second half of the season....should be some great baseball. I'm also excited to see how crazy the deadline gets this year.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    dankind said:
    That was the best part....when the Jays pitcher was doing it, it was great.  
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    Wobbie said:
    dankind said:
    Now there's an idea - mic'd up fans!
    Wobbie said:
    dankind said:
    but I doubt it would make him any more”likable.”

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,141
    Wobbie said:
    dankind said:
    No. There's always that annoying guy who doesn't shut up. Or has to let everyone know they can whistle
    I miss igotid88
    This is the worst broadcast of all time. Joe Davis blows. Enough with the mic’d up players. You can’t hear them talk and the announcers don’t say a damn thing. This is god awful. Somehow Fox managed to get WORSE without Joe Buck. 
    I loved the mic'd up players so I don't know what the problem is Boomer.  That sequence between Nestor and Trevino was really cool.
    Boomer.  Ha. Not even close.

I usually love mic'd up players. I couldn't hear the mics last night. And Davis & Smoltz weren't exactly saying much to them. Davis sucks as a play-by-play guy.  Utterly terrible execution on the broadcast. Four whole innings last night it felt like there was no commentary whatsoever.
    I know you're not a boomer but the reply was, lol.

I enjoyed the pitcher/catcher interaction.  Didn't care for the Judge and Stanton back and forth only because the announcer tried to bait them in a stupid who's dick is bigger w the HR comment.  

It was the least watched Allstar game in a while so there is that.
    Great doubleheader sweep! 
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    theo epstein was on PTI….he was great…he’s in charge of speeding up the game and producing more “action”…he admitted that, as a GM, he didn’t care about the fan experience…he cared about winning.

interesting factoid: the current strike out rate across all of MLB is higher than bob gibson’s or dwight gooden’s career rates.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Ha! Field of Dreams…Reds/Cubs…you couldn’t find shittier team? Maybe the Angels? Sorry, Tempo.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Wobbie said:
    Ha! Field of Dreams…Reds/Cubs…you couldn’t find shittier team? Maybe the Angels? Sorry, Tempo.
    Hey, there is a shittier team!
    Lol
  • I have no idea of this is not allowed here (I could t find anything saying it wasn't), but is it possible to list a pair of Mariners tickets for sale for the Ichiro HOF game August 27? We live in Vancouver BC and can no longer make the trip down that weekend. Just looking for face value for a pair.
    Sorry of this is not allowed
    There's a lot to be said for nowhere...
    Wobbie said:
    Ohtani has a big following.  He would be fun to watch.
    Judge has 43.

He has a chance at Maris' record.  He would have to get silly hot to get at Bonds but anything is possible.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,703
    Juan Soto to the Padres
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    wowwwwww
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    Hopefully Tatis' rehab goes well and he gets back soon.  That team is going to be fun!
    Juan Soto to the Padres
    Shut up, really?
    The Padres are giving up their 4 best prospects.  Hassell, Gore, Woods and Abrams.  They all were doing pretty damn well and I was surprised that Abrams wasn't called up.  Abrams could have moved to 2nd and that would have been one hell of an infield.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,170
    The Padres are giving up their 4 best prospects.  Hassell, Gore, Woods and Abrams.  They all were doing pretty damn well and I was surprised that Abrams wasn't called up.  Abrams could have moved to 2nd and that would have been one hell of an infield.
    When did SD hire Dave Dombrowski as GM?
    This weekend we rock Portland
    It's been a fun deadline so far. I really like what the Astros have done so far...I think they may add another OF or bullpen arm as well.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    Poncier said:
    When did SD hire Dave Dombrowski as GM?
    This must be a shot at me somehow? Considering he's w the Phillies.
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    I think he's just saying Dombs usually empties the cupboard to load up for the present. What is the relation to you?
    I think he's just saying Dombs usually empties the cupboard to load up for the present. What is the relation to you?
    That is what the Padres did.  Emptied out the future for now.