Auto-Save Draft feature temporarily disabled. Please be sure you manually save your post by selecting "Save Draft" if you have that need.

MLB 2021 Season

1628630632633634

Comments

  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 27,687
    Poncier said:
    MayDay10 said:
    He was always a huge Lindor fan.  Im an Indians fan and he kind of defaulted toward that and he plays SS.  He is 8, so he most often follows me at this point I guess.

    But now we have been to a bunch of Blue Jays games here and he loves the Jays.  He is obsessed with Bichette.  Also was pumped to see Guerrero Jr, Semien, and Hernandez.

    But he knows a lot of the guys there.  Likes Tatis, Ohtani, Machado, Freeman, Winker, Jose Ramirez, Scherzer, etc.  He loved the HR derby too and was pumped watching Alonso.


    [And that is not influenced by me, the kids loves everything "cars"]
    The Lightning McQueen effect.
    Went through it a bit with my kid when he was similar age, he watched a little Nascar as a result, but never caught the bug like yours has.
    Yeah he still has Cars gear (swim trunks, backpack, etc) and when he grows up he wants to be a truck driver or race car driver.  :lol:.  
    Did you name him Jerry?
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer MarylandPosts: 15,912
    Those uniforms were hideous but I knew this was going to happen once MLB made Nike the official supplier.  I'm honestly surprised that they've only just now fucked up the All-Star uniforms! Can't believe they haven't fucked up half the teams already.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commetsPosts: 24,745
    Poncier said:
    MayDay10 said:
    He was always a huge Lindor fan.  Im an Indians fan and he kind of defaulted toward that and he plays SS.  He is 8, so he most often follows me at this point I guess.

    But now we have been to a bunch of Blue Jays games here and he loves the Jays.  He is obsessed with Bichette.  Also was pumped to see Guerrero Jr, Semien, and Hernandez.

    But he knows a lot of the guys there.  Likes Tatis, Ohtani, Machado, Freeman, Winker, Jose Ramirez, Scherzer, etc.  He loved the HR derby too and was pumped watching Alonso.


    [And that is not influenced by me, the kids loves everything "cars"]
    The Lightning McQueen effect.
    Went through it a bit with my kid when he was similar age, he watched a little Nascar as a result, but never caught the bug like yours has.
    Yeah he still has Cars gear (swim trunks, backpack, etc) and when he grows up he wants to be a truck driver or race car driver.  :lol:.  
    Did you name him Jerry?
    Fire it up, Les!

    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 26,722
    Wobbie said:
    the angels picked pitchers with EVERY ONE of their draft picks? :tired_face:

    :lol:
    Yep all 22 rds I believe.  You see their pitching staff the past oh, 15 years?  They have had 2 good ones come out of the pipeline.  They NEED pitching.

    bumgarner, cain and lincecum were all first round picks. don’t know how many gems you’re find in the 22nd round.
    If I had known then what I know now...

    Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
  • mfc2006mfc2006 PDX--->KCPosts: 33,792
    Wobbie said:
    Wobbie said:
    the angels picked pitchers with EVERY ONE of their draft picks? :tired_face:

    :lol:
    Yep all 22 rds I believe.  You see their pitching staff the past oh, 15 years?  They have had 2 good ones come out of the pipeline.  They NEED pitching.

    bumgarner, cain and lincecum were all first round picks. don’t know how many gems you’re find in the 22nd round.
    I had to look it up.

    Smoltz and Pettitte both went in the 22nd round
    https://www.mlb.com/news/best-late-round-picks-in-draft-history-c182980276
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 27,687
    mfc2006 said:
    Wobbie said:
    Wobbie said:
    the angels picked pitchers with EVERY ONE of their draft picks? :tired_face:

    :lol:
    Yep all 22 rds I believe.  You see their pitching staff the past oh, 15 years?  They have had 2 good ones come out of the pipeline.  They NEED pitching.

    bumgarner, cain and lincecum were all first round picks. don’t know how many gems you’re find in the 22nd round.
    I had to look it up.

    Smoltz and Pettitte both went in the 22nd round
    https://www.mlb.com/news/best-late-round-picks-in-draft-history-c182980276
    You have to remember that not everybody is picking a pitcher too.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 PDX--->KCPosts: 33,792
    mfc2006 said:
    Wobbie said:
    Wobbie said:
    the angels picked pitchers with EVERY ONE of their draft picks? :tired_face:

    :lol:
    Yep all 22 rds I believe.  You see their pitching staff the past oh, 15 years?  They have had 2 good ones come out of the pipeline.  They NEED pitching.

    bumgarner, cain and lincecum were all first round picks. don’t know how many gems you’re find in the 22nd round.
    I had to look it up.

    Smoltz and Pettitte both went in the 22nd round
    https://www.mlb.com/news/best-late-round-picks-in-draft-history-c182980276
    You have to remember that not everybody is picking a pitcher too.
    Oh, I know. I was just curious what pitchers had been drafted in the 22nd rd.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 26,722
    mfc2006 said:
    Wobbie said:
    Wobbie said:
    the angels picked pitchers with EVERY ONE of their draft picks? :tired_face:

    :lol:
    Yep all 22 rds I believe.  You see their pitching staff the past oh, 15 years?  They have had 2 good ones come out of the pipeline.  They NEED pitching.

    bumgarner, cain and lincecum were all first round picks. don’t know how many gems you’re find in the 22nd round.
    I had to look it up.

    Smoltz and Pettitte both went in the 22nd round
    https://www.mlb.com/news/best-late-round-picks-in-draft-history-c182980276

    some crazy names in those later rounds.

    nolan ryan? :tired_face:
    If I had known then what I know now...

    Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South PhillyPosts: 13,723
    ATL gets Joc. Not a bad trade on either end, really. Phils have to do something.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PAPosts: 35,279
    The dirt…is purple. 
    I didn’t even notice.  Can’t take my eyes off those hideous uniforms…

    I didn't watch any of the game but did see some of the highlights. Yeah those uni's were some of the ugliest all star ones ever (I do think the NBA has most of the ugliest ones).
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 27,687
    The dirt…is purple. 
    I didn’t even notice.  Can’t take my eyes off those hideous uniforms…

    I didn't watch any of the game but did see some of the highlights. Yeah those uni's were some of the ugliest all star ones ever (I do think the NBA has most of the ugliest ones).
    lol we discussed that too in the NBA thread.  From 97 -02 they let them wear their regular jerseys.  Best years of the NBA too.
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 8,102
    All star jerseys suck. Dumb idea. It's one game, no need to make special jerseys unless they're trying to provide players with a historical souvenir for their trophy rooms.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 12,528
    tbergs said:
    All star jerseys suck. Dumb idea. It's one game, no need to make special jerseys unless they're trying to provide players with a historical souvenir for their trophy rooms.
    They're trying to provide MLB with $$$$$$$$

    Unfortunately these missed the mark, don't know how many they'll sell.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 27,687
    The Angels one year had like 6 different jerseys.  I hated the one w the wings on it but loved the pinstripes and I hate the old away grays.
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 7,616
    Crazy stuff.  Tatis and Machado were pulling fans into the dugout
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 27,687
    Idiot fan through a ball at Verdugo.  Why, why, why would you think that this is ok to do?
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 27,687
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 7,616
    Idiot fan through a ball at Verdugo.  Why, why, why would you think that this is ok to do?
    Banned for life at least
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 31,591
    I did read from people in his section that he pretty clearly was not trying to hit him, but whatever...being stupid has consequences.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 10,974
    I did read from people in his section that he pretty clearly was not trying to hit him, but whatever...being stupid has consequences.
    But if it was Philly the whole fan base would have to take a beating for it right?  maybe in 60 years they will still be talking about this yankee fan ya think?
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 10,956
    How does somebody throw a ball at somebody, hit him, but at the same time make it look obvious he wasn't trying to hit the person?
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 31,591
    I don’t really give a shit either way or if it’s true or not, but read something about how he clearly didn’t want to throw it back and everyone was chanting at him so he just threw it and it ended up hitting him. 
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 20,981
    Even though I never caught a homerun or foul ball. I would never throw it back.
    I miss igotid88
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 10,974
    I don’t really give a shit either way or if it’s true or not, but read something about how he clearly didn’t want to throw it back and everyone was chanting at him so he just threw it and it ended up hitting him. 
    Gonna make excuses for the yankee fan who ran on the field tonight?  Stop with excuses your better than that
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 31,591
    I don’t really give a shit. I love drunken lunatic asshole Yankees fans. It’s my happy place. Just saying what I read about that specific situation

    Love these guys with my whole heart




  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 10,974
    I don’t really give a shit. I love drunken lunatic asshole Yankees fans. It’s my happy place. Just saying what I read about that specific situation

    Love these guys with my whole heart




    That is a hilarious picture
Sign In or Register to comment.