MLB 2024 Season

Comments

• cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    Justin Verlander with his third career no-hitter today
    Took my 2 year old son to his first baseball/blue jays game today and that’s what he witnessed. I’m a monster 
    Awesome!!!
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    Took my 2 year old son to his first baseball/blue jays game today and that’s what he witnessed. I’m a monster 
    Awesome!!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Yanks have 90 wins 
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139
    He is pretty good at pitching.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    George Springer made an amazing catch at the warning track but lost his footing and bounced his head off the wall and fell to the ground in pain ... so what does the Houston training staff do while waiting for the EMT to treat a most likely concussion?  They stand him up ... it's been a while since I took a 1st aid course but I believe that is a no-no.
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,141
    edited September 2019
    Bad loss for the Mets. If Diaz was just half as good as he was last year. They'd be a much better team.
    Post edited by igotid88 on
    I miss igotid88
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    Jason P said:
    George Springer made an amazing catch at the warning track but lost his footing and bounced his head off the wall and fell to the ground in pain ... so what does the Houston training staff do while waiting for the EMT to treat a most likely concussion?  They stand him up ... it's been a while since I took a 1st aid course but I believe that is a no-no.
    My thoughts exactly. Hope he’s ok in a few days.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    Will the Cardinals fucking lose, please???!!!!
  • Anthony Rendon.

Killing it.
    So, the Mets loss yesterday was pretty bad.  But look what their Triple-A affiliate Syracuse Mets also did:
    Two teams, same day, same franchise, same type of meltdown. That's impressive!
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411

It’s incredible what having an ace will do for a pitching staff. Flaherty has been insane.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    So, the Mets loss yesterday was pretty bad.  But look what their Triple-A affiliate Syracuse Mets also did:
    that's wild.  Mets fans have to be killing themselves over their bullpen.  i'd be going nuts.
  • pjhawks said:
    that's wild.  Mets fans have to be killing themselves over their bullpen.  i'd be going nuts.
    Does no one remember Anthony Young?
    https://sabr.org/bioproj/person/072eb2fd
    DewieCox said:

It’s incredible what having an ace will do for a pitching staff. Flaherty has been insane.
    He's on a hell of a streak - almost 2015 Arrieta-like - and, as Paul DeJong demonstrated yesterday, everything else is just rolling the right way for you guys lately.
    pjhawks said:
    I remember him but oddly I don't remember that stat. 
    From the article: "Dusty Baker was his favorite player..."  Poor guy was doomed from childhood.
  • pjhawks said:
    From the article: "Dusty Baker was his favorite player..."  Poor guy was doomed from childhood.
    I watched sportscenter updates every night to make sure he pitched and lost, lol.  It was comical.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    The Railriders had a pretty impressive season, especially considering all the players the Yanks called up.
  • Look up AL war leaders then look up NL leaders.  Both the #1 spots are 2 points ahead of number 2 spot.  That is just insane.

What else is insane is how bad my friggin Halos are...
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    pjhawks said:
    Killing ourselves is putting it lightly. I wanna jump off the empire state building and then get run over by a box truck. Diaz is a god awful bum and mets gave up a legit prospect for him. If Diaz ever pitches again at citi field, he's gonna be run out of town faster than Jeff Kent was. 
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

pjhawks said:
    Killing ourselves is putting it lightly. I wanna jump off the empire state building and then get run over by a box truck. Diaz is a god awful bum and mets gave up a legit prospect for him. If Diaz ever pitches again at citi field, he's gonna be run out of town faster than Jeff Kent was. 
    Looking forward to this weekend.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    pjhawks said:
    :lol:
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    pjhawks said:
    I watched sportscenter updates every night to make sure he pitched and lost, lol.  It was comical.
    Try going to a game of his or watching him pitch on tv, beyond brutal. Jeff Innis and all the rest of that were fucking bums too.  As a kid those early 90's mets teams were so bad to root for. 

pjhawks said:
    Try going to a game of his or watching him pitch on tv, beyond brutal. Jeff Innis and all the rest of that were fucking bums too.  As a kid those early 90's mets teams were so bad to root for. 
    You did have to be somewhat good to get decisions in all those starts though. He had an era under 4. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • pjhawks said:
    I went to a few.  The Mets had awesome prospects that just dumped.  Isringhausen, Pullsipher,Wison.  So I remember how bad they became.
    pjhawks said:
    You did have to be somewhat good to get decisions in all those starts though. He had an era under 4. 
    I'll give you that much. Shoulda never gotten a sniff of the majors, ever. Just a sore time period. Least the drunks in the shea nosebleeds that would bring coolers of cheap beers were fun to watch, lol. 

pjhawks said:
    I went to a few.  The Mets had awesome prospects that just dumped.  Isringhausen, Pullsipher,Wison.  So I remember how bad they became.
    Ahh yes good old Generation K, 😡

Is there a 30 for 30 on Anthony Young? If not, that would be one I would tune in for. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • pjhawks said:
    Ahh yes good old Generation K, 😡
    Ahhh yes!  That is what they called it!!!  Lots of major busts in the 90's for pitchers.

Brien Taylor, Roger Salkeld, Little Unit Ryan Anderson, Kerry Wood, Todd Van Poppel to name a few.

I used to follow pitchers closely and they all fell down which was sad.
  • Is there a 30 for 30 on Anthony Young? If not, that would be one I would tune in for. 
    THAT is a great idea if there isn't.

If anyone didn't bother to read the article Young lost a record 27 outings of relief in a row.

That was the mets during those years.  They became "Dem Bums" like the Dodgers were aptly called in the 40/50's.