MLB 2024 Season

Comments

• DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    Let them leave. The Rangers are horrible.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383

Jason P said:

Looks like taxpayers will foot 1/2 of the $900M cost to build it as well.

But I do agree that watching a baseball game in 100 degree heat suuuuucks

Should have built a roof in 1994 then. Not like it's a brand new technology. No need for taxpayers to foot a bill for a completely unnecessary stadium when the owner can easily afford it.

1 million percent agreed. Pissed off I have to pay money for the garbage ass Bucks new arena who's owners are hedge fund billionaires! They dont need my money, they already have too fucking much!
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    Nothing will top the Red Wings getting taxypayers to finance 60% of their new stadium ... days after Detroit filed for bankruptcy!
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,427
    Jason P said:

Nothing will top the Red Wings getting taxypayers to finance 60% of their new stadium ... days after Detroit filed for bankruptcy!

Guy owns Little Caesars, the Wings, the Tigers, & the company that manages all the stadiums & the Fox Theatre in Detroit. He can afford that shit. Greedy ass owners!
  • Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305

So Texas is threatening to leave unless they get a new stadium now?

Their current one can't be much more than 20 some years old....

1994. A beautiful stadium at that. Such BS.
    This pisses me off so much. Can't believe the taxpayers can be such suckers. I don't know if the Rangers were talking about leaving but Dallas has been saying they would build a new ballpark for them for the last couple of years. They are still pissed that they missed out on Jerryworld.

I like the ballpark. Yes, it gets hot in the summer. It's Texas, what else is new. A retractable roof sounds ridiculous. Baseball is played outdoors.

I don't know where they'll put the damn thing. The area is already a clusterfuck in the fall when the Rangers and Cowboys are both playing. I suppose they can condemn a few more neighborhoods and squeeze it in that way.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 48,221

So Texas is threatening to leave unless they get a new stadium now?

Their current one can't be much more than 20 some years old....

1994. A beautiful stadium at that. Such BS.
    This pisses me off so much. Can't believe the taxpayers can be such suckers. I don't know if the Rangers were talking about leaving but Dallas has been saying they would build a new ballpark for them for the last couple of years. They are still pissed that they missed out on Jerryworld.

I like the ballpark. Yes, it gets hot in the summer. It's Texas, what else is new. A retractable roof sounds ridiculous. Baseball is played outdoors.

I don't know where they'll put the damn thing. The area is already a clusterfuck in the fall when the Rangers and Cowboys are both playing. I suppose they can condemn a few more neighborhoods and squeeze it in that way.
    Should've thought about the heat before putting a team there in the first place. Domes suck. Just schedule as many night games as possible. I always thought that place looked like a cool throwback park...
    www.myspace.com
    It was meant to look like a throwback park. It's really nice. I love going there and taking friends who've never been.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,824
    I think I'll hate corey seager for years to come.

fuck the d**gers.

fuck the leprechaun who follows him in the order, too.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    speaking of stadiums....Giants had to pay for their own and they are doing just fine. just say no to ANY public money.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    another funny thing about public financed parks.....Giants privately fundedpark came in on budget at $320m.....e.g. mariners publically financed had huge cost overruns.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Supposedly the new park will cost $1 billion--but it would be "too expensive" to put a roof on the existing stadium. Rangers management says attendance will improve when they have air conditioning. Like in Tampa and Houston, I'm sure. I don't live in Arlington so I can't vote against it.

Supposedly the new park will cost $1 billion--but it would be "too expensive" to put a roof on the existing stadium. Rangers management says attendance will improve when they have air conditioning. Like in Tampa and Houston, I'm sure. I don't live in Arlington so I can't vote against it.

Suuure. Attendance will be better for about a season or two.
    www.myspace.com

Suuure. Attendance will be better for about a season or two.
    www.myspace.com
  • InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    Stay bigoted, San Diego.
    yasiel puig. 1 dollar talent; 10 cent head.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Wobbie said:

yasiel puig. 1 dollar talent; 10 cent head.

I think he was on the steroids.
    was? is?

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Wobbie said:

was? is?

Was. He's garbage now. He stopped using them this year.
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,819
    The Marlins are the worst. They're right up there for worst organization in all of sports...

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/blogs/mlb-big-league-stew/marlins-suing-fans--stadium-vendors-174027124.html
  • pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383

The Marlins are the worst. They're right up there for worst organization in all of sports...

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/blogs/mlb-big-league-stew/marlins-suing-fans--stadium-vendors-174027124.html

Just contract their ass and bulldoze that disgrace of an alleged baseball stadium. There should be no pro soorts teams in Miami. There also should be no tax funded stadiums.
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14

They've won 2 world series since 1993. I wouldn't say they're in the top ten worst in all of sports.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138

They've won 2 world series since 1993. I wouldn't say they're in the top ten worst in all of sports.
    From a standpoint of greed and evil, they may be are the worst.

actually, 2 since 1997. still, no one down there cares. when can stanton get out?

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    Wobbie said:

actually, 2 since 1997. still, no one down there cares. when can stanton get out?
    Didn't he just sign a 13 year deal a couple years ago? If they follow history, he will be traded in his prime for some magic beans and half a pack of juicy fruit.
    Wobbie said:

Yes, I was referring to the fact that they have only been in existence since 93 and have won 2 titles. That alone keeps them out of the category of the worst franchise in sports. That easily goes to the clippers.

And I don't mean that if you don't win titles, you're in the category of worst franchise. I agree that no team needs to be in Miami. But they've won. Hard to argue with that. Especially if you were a cubs fan in 2003.
    Wobbie said:

That's what makes it even more embarrassing. They've managed a good amount of success yet nobody seems to care.
    www.myspace.com
    Marlins, despite never losing a playoff series and winning two championships, are definitely one of the worst operated franchises in North American sports.
  • normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    let's be honest...they didn't "win" 2 championships, they "bought" 2 championships
    norm said:

let's be honest...they didn't "win" 2 championships, they "bought" 2 championships

Does it matter? The yankees bought a couple. Hell, I wish the cubs would have bought a few in their day.

You can spend all the money in the world. The players still have to gel. The managers still have to manage egos, arms, and strategy. Spending the money is just a piece of the process.

norm said:

Does it matter? The yankees bought a couple. Hell, I wish the cubs would have bought a few in their day.

You can spend all the money in the world. The players still have to gel. The managers still have to manage egos, arms, and strategy. Spending the money is just a piece of the process.
    Exactly.