edited April 2010 in The Porch
~!~ Peace ~!~ Love ~!~ Pearl Jam ~!~
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,875
    cmon really?
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    wow, crap.
  • my windows media player comes up with cooler stuff when i play Alive!
  • cippociappocippociappo Posts: 692
    Am I missing something?
    :?
    Makes me ache, makes me shake...
    ...is it so wrong to think that love can keep us safe?
  • BlahBlah Posts: 469
    Am I missing something?
    :?

~ Ya this is a useless post really. Not interesting at all. ~
  • Did you lot read that this is a visual representation of the guy's experience of synaesthesia? I thought that was pretty interesting.
  • PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,875
    Did you lot read that this is a visual representation of the guy's experience of synaesthesia? I thought that was pretty interesting.

i tried to figure out what was going on

and it seemed that it could be interesting

but then i realized that it was music represented as colors

or something a 2 year old could create in a diaper with the right input
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    I thought it might be one of those magic eye pictures, so I stared at for a long time, nothing happened.
  • BlahBlah Posts: 469
    Claireack wrote:
    I thought it might be one of those magic eye pictures, so I stared at for a long time, nothing happened.

~ LOL ~

~ You are such a wonderful chicky. Always funny without a drop of pretension. You rock. :) ~
  • My girlfriend and I thought it was pretty interesting, too. Some of the responses are really rude and indignant.

Some people need to turn on their brains. The relation between color and music is unmistakable. Look at the Bob Dylan songs. My girlfriend associates color with smells and tastes and commented that the Bob Dylan song makes her think that he is trying to reach God through music. People equate colors to emotion, as well as sound, and to see a visual representation of a song's mood and the way it correlates to the lyrics is very interesting. I read something on the site that points out that the CNote art for Bob Marley's Redemption Song is permeated with green, red and yellow. With Alive, you can follow the main riff as it builds in the song so, in a way, the song becomes more tangible and ironic than before.

I would like to see one of these for every track of Radiohead's In Rainbows as well as some other songs. Faithful is the first Pearl Jam song that popped in my head. Do The Evolution would be interesting. No Way, Thin Air, Oceans, All Those Yesterdays, In My Tree, Who You Are, W.M.A., Immortality...I think I'm gonna try to find a way to DIY-ify this just for my personal use.
    Chicago 8-23-09

My girlfriend and I thought it was pretty interesting, too. Some of the responses are really rude and indignant.

Some people need to turn on their brains. The relation between color and music is unmistakable. Look at the Bob Dylan songs. My girlfriend associates color with smells and tastes and commented that the Bob Dylan song makes her think that he is trying to reach God through music. People equate colors to emotion, as well as sound, and to see a visual representation of a song's mood and the way it correlates to the lyrics is very interesting. I read something on the site that points out that the CNote art for Bob Marley's Redemption Song is permeated with green, red and yellow. With Alive, you can follow the main riff as it builds in the song so, in a way, the song becomes more tangible and ironic than before.

I would like to see one of these for every track of Radiohead's In Rainbows as well as some other songs. Faithful is the first Pearl Jam song that popped in my head. Do The Evolution would be interesting. No Way, Thin Air, Oceans, All Those Yesterdays, In My Tree, Who You Are, W.M.A., Immortality...I think I'm gonna try to find a way to DIY-ify this just for my personal use.

Ya, i thought it was crap.
  • That's cool.
    Chicago 8-23-09

• AntreaperAntreaper Posts: 256
    edited April 2011
    ?
    Post edited by Antreaper on
    "It's as comfortable as can be. But when you're on stage playing with Neil, well -- it's one thing to be at the zoo and watch an animal pace around its cage. It's another to be in the cage with him." -Eddie Vedder
  • MF151004MF151004 Posts: 31
    Um...remember when you ah, posted that thing...um that had... squares you called art and....um ...you said it was alive by pearl jam? Um...that was awesome! RIP Chris Farley
    Dodge Music Center - Oct 02, 1996,Great Woods Center - Sep 15, 1998,Tweeter Center - Aug 30, 2000,Tweeter Center - Jul 02, 2003,Tweeter Center - Jul 11, 2003,Tweeter Center - Jun 28, 2008,Tweeter Center - Jun 30, 2008,Fleet Center - Sep 29, 2004,TD Banknorth Garden - May 24, 2006,TD Banknorth Garden - May 25, 2006,United Center - Aug 23, 2009
    Sorry, Bad mood yesterday, not a fan of modern art. sorry to step on toes. if you find value in this, enjoy, i'm a traditionalist. i like pictures of trees, and mountians and the ocean. not= an abstract guy.
  • Grandmas JamGrandmas Jam Posts: 1,860
    HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH ALIVE AT ALL....OR ANY OF THOSE SONGS FOR THAT MATTER
    Ryan Crooks insists upon himself
  • PJ_LukinPJ_Lukin Posts: 2,049
    In my view, Art equal's what your interpretation is. Everyone has their own view on that too I guess.

For shits sake, I just noticed I am begining to sound like Kat. Time for some pit free days.....
    ~!~ Peace ~!~ Love ~!~ Pearl Jam ~!~