My medical marijuana card is now invalid, here's why....

bigbadbillbigbadbill Posts: 1,758
edited April 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
11/6/95, 11/18/97, 7/13/98, 7/14/98, 10/24/00, 10/25/00, 10/28/00, 6/2/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 7/6/06, 7/7/06, 7/9/06, 7/10/06, 7/13/06, 7/15/06, 7/16/06, 7/18/06, 10/21/06, 4/10/08, 4/13/08, 9/30/09, 10/1/09, 10/6/09, 10/7/09, 10/9/09
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    Not sure if I follow. So you lost your card because you chose to buy it from someone not licsensed to issue it?
    #FHP
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    I read the big article in the Rolling Stone the other day, its a good read, very interesting coming from the growers point of view. I know we have to go through some long process over years time
    but really lets just legalize it, let a couple big corporations take it over, tax the crap out of it to help save our economy and the states that are otherwise going to need a bail out
    and I'll go smoke one at my local cafe....
    Caps Pearl Jam Cafe and Pizzaria I want to open
    now thats a pipe dream
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    my dad, who was a very conservative man by most definitions, always believed in legalizing marijuana. mostly for the reasons pandora states. hey, it works for the netherlands.... :mrgreen:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• know1know1 Posts: 6,794
    pandora wrote:
    I read the big article in the Rolling Stone the other day, its a good read, very interesting coming from the growers point of view. I know we have to go through some long process over years time
    but really lets just legalize it, let a couple big corporations take it over, tax the crap out of it to help save our economy and the states that are otherwise going to need a bail out
    now thats a pipe dream

I shake my head anytime someone mentions that it would all be OK if we taxed it. The only way that makes sense is if the government would lower taxes in some other area. Then I would be for it.

I'm not interested in giving the government more money and power.
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    soon enough marijuana will be legal.
    the government is losing its death grip on this bullshit law on weed being illegal.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • StarfallStarfall Posts: 548
    my dad, who was a very conservative man by most definitions, always believed in legalizing marijuana. mostly for the reasons pandora states. hey, it works for the netherlands.... :mrgreen:

Actually, the country that actually decriminalized drug usage (the Dutch only choose not to enforce laws) is Portugal.
    And by most accounts, the program has been a runaway success.

We're set to vote on decriminalizing marijuana in California in November..... YES WE CAN! *puff* :lol:
    "It's not hard to own something. Or everything. You just have to know that it's yours, and then be willing to let it go." - Neil Gaiman, "Stardust"
    edited March 2010
    know1 wrote:
    :roll:
    At least the government does a lot of good. So you mean you'd rather give brutal criminal gangs like the Mexican drug cartel more money and power?
    Post edited by Starfall on
    "It's not hard to own something. Or everything. You just have to know that it's yours, and then be willing to let it go." - Neil Gaiman, "Stardust"
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    buy weed = feed starving people
    buy weed = house homeless
    buy weed = create jobs

idiots in D.C. = dumb assholes
    oh and don't forget insurance & pharmaceutical companies = biggest scam artists in the world

wait,,, i gotta vote for george w bush & nutsack dick cheney..
    if you voted for these two you should be reprimanded
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • know1know1 Posts: 6,794
    Starfall wrote:
    know1 wrote:
    At least the government does a lot of good. So you mean you'd rather give brutal criminal gangs like the Mexican drug cartel more money and power?

Obviously that's not my point and I don't want to give them more money.

What I'm trying to avoid is the government taking even more money and power from us by higher/more taxes. If they are going to realize a new commodity to tax, they need to lower taxes elsewhere.

And count me on the side that doesn't think the government really does all that much good.
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Starfall wrote:

like Saddam or Binlanden? yeah, the government does a great job of keeping money out of bad people's hands. :roll:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    if it takes a little taxing to oil the legalization of pot, i'm ok with that. make it age 21 to buy. fine. just legalize it already so i can open 81's cafe
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    know1 wrote:
    pandora wrote:
    now thats a pipe dream

I shake my head anytime someone mentions that it would all be OK if we taxed it. The only way that makes sense is if the government would lower taxes in some other area. Then I would be for it.

Without the extra money coming in, they're instead selling our next generation into debt. If this significantly helps reduce that, then I'm for it.
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    know1 wrote:
    pandora wrote:
    now thats a pipe dream

Legalizing the weed would produce both excise tax (same as cigarettes and booze) and income tax (legit business owners pay taxes). I much prefer this over no tax revenue from illegal sellers. Call me a sceptic, but I don't think too many illegal sellers report their earnings.
    81 wrote:
    if it takes a little taxing to oil the legalization of pot, i'm ok with that. make it age 21 to buy. fine. just legalize it already so i can open 81's cafe
    ah a little competition for "Caps" huh? all good 8-)
  • Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    Remove all legislation...it's a plant. Let everyone grow their own.
    know1 wrote:
    Starfall wrote:
    know1 wrote:

Obviously that's not my point and I don't want to give them more money.

What I'm trying to avoid is the government taking even more money and power from us by higher/more taxes. If they are going to realize a new commodity to tax, they need to lower taxes elsewhere.

And count me on the side that doesn't think the government really does all that much good.

Well there's the issue - would you rather the government get revenues from a lucrative cash crop, or would you prefer the drug lords get the money? Whether or not taxes should be lowered elsewhere isn't really the point, and should be addressed in a different discussion.

And if you don't think that the government really does all that much good, well, here's a refresher course. You can thank us liberals later. ;)
    81 wrote:
    Starfall wrote:

like Saddam or Binlanden? yeah, the government does a great job of keeping money out of bad people's hands. :roll:

Yeah like all those bad people getting Medicare and Social Security. :roll:

Seems to be a lot of Straw Man arguments here lately.
    Starfall wrote:

Well there's the issue - would you rather the government get revenues from a lucrative cash crop, or would you prefer the drug lords get the money? Whether or not taxes should be lowered elsewhere isn't really the point, and should be addressed in a different discussion.

And if you don't think that the government really does all that much good, well, here's a refresher course. You can thank us liberals later. ;)
    Why does doing the right thing have to be conditional? Everyone agrees that criminalizing weed is ridiculous....so why do so many people ad the caveat 'if it's taxed'? Why not completely destroy the market by making it legal for anyone to grow?
    A tiny closet can grow enough for your family and close friends, for a miniscule cost.
  • CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    Starfall wrote:

Why does doing the right thing have to be conditional? Everyone agrees that criminalizing weed is ridiculous....so why do so many people ad the caveat 'if it's taxed'? Why not completely destroy the market by making it legal for anyone to grow?
    A tiny closet can grow enough for your family and close friends, for a miniscule cost.

...I like it being free too! :)
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
    Remove all legislation...it's a plant. Let everyone grow their own.
    one could wish for that but that will never happen. It will be illegal to grow our own and it will be taxed that is the way our government works and our government needs the money now so it will be legalized for that reason hopefully soon.
    Like prohibition, they legalized booze so it could be taxed cause the government needed the income and large corporations stepped in to make the product.
    whatever I just want it legal in my lifetime and clocks ticking for me
    Starfall wrote:

i'd prefer untaxed, but A we know that will never happen and B if that is what it takes to get it legal then i am willing to make that sacrafice. hopefully they don't tax it all crazy like and make it more expensive that what it already is.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Starfall wrote:
    81 wrote:
    Starfall wrote:

Yeah like all those bad people getting Medicare and Social Security. :roll:

Seems to be a lot of Straw Man arguments here lately.

i guess you missed the point. let me help you out a little.....

i'm saying i would prefer not give money to the drug cartel, just as would prefer to not give money to people in the middle east that would like to kill us. and as well all know, the .gov didn't do a very good job of that.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Starfall wrote:

can i get a refund on Blagovich and that $2.1 billion white elephant know as the Chicago to St. Louis super train. :roll:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    i guess you missed the point. let me help you out a little.....

i'm saying i would prefer not give money to the drug cartel, just as would prefer to not give money to people in the middle east that would like to kill us. and as well all know, the .gov didn't do a very good job of that.

RIght, but I did say that the government does "some good", not that it's infallible. Which is why I pointed out the straw man in your argument.
    81 wrote:
    can i get a refund on Blagovich and that $2.1 billion white elephant know as the Chicago to St. Louis super train. :roll:

Sorry, but Illinois has a history of bipartisan corruption. Can't help you there. :lol:
    i'm going to file you under people that pick an arguement, and no matter what it is, will continue to post silly arguements to try and support your postion. you like straw....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

i'd prefer untaxed, but A we know that will never happen and B if that is what it takes to get it legal then i am willing to make that sacrafice. hopefully they don't tax it all crazy like and make it more expensive that what it already is.
    ...and therein lies the rub...well, one of ‘em anyway…
    Price and quality are all over the board - by region, 'connection', strain etc....how are they going to regulate it so that people choose the legit market over the black one? The only way to do so is to increase penalties on anyone who doesn’t play by their rules as a deterrent.....Unless it’s handled like home-brew beer and wine…if they let ‘hobbyists’ grow their own, I don’t really care about any of the rest of it….but then….as I said…the black market would completely overtake the legal market – it’s too easy and cheap to grow your own!
    So…the most likely legalization scenario is for the government to become the hardass, territorial dealer…forcing everyone to buy from them and them only, or face the consequences. That sucks! I’ll take the baby steps over nothing, but people need to be aware of the possible outcomes…
    81 wrote:

...and therein lies the rub...well, one of ‘em anyway…
    Price and quality are all over the board - by region, 'connection', strain etc....how are they going to regulate it so that people choose the legit market over the black one? The only way to do so is to increase penalties on anyone who doesn’t play by their rules as a deterrent.....Unless it’s handled like home-brew beer and wine…if they let ‘hobbyists’ grow their own, I don’t really care about any of the rest of it….but then….as I said…the black market would completely overtake the legal market – it’s too easy and cheap to grow your own!
    So…the most likely legalization scenario is for the government to become the hardass, territorial dealer…forcing everyone to buy from them and them only, or face the consequences. That sucks! I’ll take the baby steps over nothing, but people need to be aware of the possible outcomes…

i think you would want to license the retailers.

as for suppliers....it wouldn't be much different that micro brewed beer. the best brands (growers) would come to the fore front. sure, you might end up with a dud every now and then, but give it 5 years and i guarentee you would have some brands that would be known country wide for their quality (Sierra Nevada, Magic Hat, etc) and others there were cheaper, but of a lesser quality (Miller, Bud, Coors).

if you want to grow it at home, have at it. save on the taxes, and mark ups that go into buying it.

you do have a point about the black market taken over if everyone grew at home and sold to buddies. maybe like beer, you would need a license for anything above X number of plants. i for one, wouldn't be bothered with growing. i'd rather be able to stop at my local shop and pick up what i wanted.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,801
    Put ur ballz in the microwave

get all the weed ya want
    trust me..... ;)
  • bigbadbillbigbadbill Posts: 1,758
    Horos wrote:
    Not sure if I follow. So you lost your card because you chose to buy it from someone not licsensed to issue it?
    I didn't lose my card, it was invalid because I wasn't seen by an actual doctor, and it wasn't an official recommendation letter.
    11/6/95, 11/18/97, 7/13/98, 7/14/98, 10/24/00, 10/25/00, 10/28/00, 6/2/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 7/6/06, 7/7/06, 7/9/06, 7/10/06, 7/13/06, 7/15/06, 7/16/06, 7/18/06, 10/21/06, 4/10/08, 4/13/08, 9/30/09, 10/1/09, 10/6/09, 10/7/09, 10/9/09
  • This is such an aggrivating subject to me.

On one hand, you "legalize" it. Therefore, you put it in the governments hand, Allowing them to grow what they want, sell it for what they want, and tax it for what they want.

Or not legalize it. Allow the government to arrest those who they think are breaking the law or get lucky enough to catch.

The middle ground here is so iffy that I'm so glad I'm not in charge of making these decision