The Official I'm not seeing PJ this tour thread

HelpmefrommyselfHelpmefrommyself Posts: 15
edited March 2010 in The Porch
This is my sad story. Back in July last year, Pratt & Whitney (where I work) came out with an announcement that they were considering closing the overhaul and repair center I work at. On September 21 they finally decided to close it and move it to Georgia and Singapore (The day after backspacer came out). Knowing I was about to lose my job and my "renewal" for the 10 club was also due at that time, I decided not to renew it. Time to cut out unnecessary things I don't really need to support my family.I turned the 15 years I had left to pay on my house back to 30 years, etc. From July to September was rough not knowing what was going to come out of this and dragged me down. After the official closing announcement I began to sink...The End became sort of became my theme song. Friends at work were emailing my wife saying I needed to do something. It was about this time I decided I needed some help before I was pushed over the edge, and am now on antidepressants and anti anxiety meds. Then the Union sued Pratt due to a breach of contract, so that dragged the process out even longer and me even lower. It was taking a toll on my work and personal life, especially my marriage and my kids being affected by me just not being engaged. Finally in early February the court ruled in our favor and we thought we were safe until December this year (the end of the contract). Two weeks after that Pratt decided to lay off 119 people and I was one of them, due to be laid off on March 12th. By the end of Feb I was such a mess I was on the verge of a divorce. That's when things got worse and my antidepressant script got a double dose(yes, per my Dr.)....March came along with the 6th being my 11th Wedding anniversary and my birthday a couple days later. Pratt offered a early separation package to employees and enough took the package, so there were no layoffs(for now). Since I was spared, I decided, what the hell, I'll go see PJ in Hartford. I emailed the 10 club and explained the situation and was told I had a 1 time chance to retain my 10 club number, but I was told I will not be eligible for the pre-sale. Been a fan since they first came out, was a ten club member back in the "mail in" days, but didn't renew because I was a dumb kid, and that lead to not being able to get tickets for shows, but renewed again in 2005. What's the point of rejoining if I couldn't get the tickets? I looked on Ticketmaster that morning and there was nothing left but nose bleeds in the way back. Today I checked stub hub and there are 523 tickets available on there, not to mention all the ones on ebay. No wonder I can't find a decent set of tickets. So this is my official "I'm not seeing PJ this tour" thread. I know poor me!
Springfield MA 94, Letterman "After Show" 06, Hartford CT 06 , Hartford CT 08
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Don't lose hope man/woman, I'm sure you can find a spare 10c ticket from a good, nice ten club member. Hell, I'll send ya a check for 20 bucks to help you pay for the ticket. Nobody should be deprived of such essientials like seeing Pearl Jam.
    Shows Attended
    2008 - Bonnaroo
    2009 - Chicago 1
    2010 - St Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis, Washington D.C
    2011 - Pearl Jam Twenty Festival
    2012 - Music Midtown Festival
    2013 - Wrigley, Dallas, Oklahoma City
    2014 - St. Louis, Memphis
    2016- Greenville, Lexington, Bonnaroo, Wrigley 1
  • NastasjaNastasja Posts: 9,668
    Yes, there are a lot of nice Ten Clubbers out there. Don't stop trying.
    When I read the reason why you can't go I'm almost ashamed to say that in my case it's just the distance / money.....
    You can spend your time alone, re-digesting past regrets,
    Or you can come to terms and realize
    You're the only one who can't forgive yourself
  • SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,168
    I'm sorry to hear you were/are having such a rough time. Last year was difficult for me too, but I've thankfully emerged on the other side much stronger, and you till too.

I love PJ and am seriously pumped to see them, but there are more important things in life, and you had to take care of them so please don't fret. And yes, don't lose hope you will get to see them if that's what you want. Keep checking Ticketmaster, and there might be a fellow 10-clubber who might pull out an extra for you.
  • release23420release23420 Posts: 1,176
    Don't lose hope man/woman, I'm sure you can find a spare 10c ticket from a good, nice ten club member. Hell, I'll send ya a check for 20 bucks to help you pay for the ticket. Nobody should be deprived of such essientials like seeing Pearl Jam.

i got 10 on it :mrgreen: