Post if you're in the doghouse because of the Cleveland show

StrykerStryker Posts: 585
edited March 2010 in The Porch
a.k.a. Mother's Day.

Man, didn't even realize it was Mother Day until after I bought the tickets. And I'm driving from NY. D'oh!

The wife is seriously going to kill me. But she's a good wife and it's Pearl Jam, so maybe not. Plus I'm taking her on a getaway weekend (well, not really "end") to see PJ in Boston. She's never been to Boston, so she's pretty excited for that. (maybe I'll throw in an expensive handbag, too, just to be safe 8-) )

But, yeah, not looking forward to that initial conversation. :?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Stryker420 wrote:
    a.k.a. Mother's Day.

Man, didn't even realize it was Mother Day until after I bought the tickets. And I'm driving from NY. D'oh!

The wife is seriously going to kill me. But she's a good wife and it's Pearl Jam, so maybe not. Plus I'm taking her on a getaway weekend (well, not really "end") to see PJ in Boston. She's never been to Boston, so she's pretty excited for that. (maybe I'll throw in an expensive handbag, too, just to be safe 8-) )

:lol::lol::lol:

pucker up and pray!! :lol::lol::lol:
  • gndcd402gndcd402 Posts: 2,561
    bring your mom
  • Boxes&BooksBoxes&Books Posts: 2,672
    Stryker420 wrote:
    a.k.a. Mother's Day.

there is a saying in Spanish (not sure if its common in English) that goes...
    "It's easier to ask for forgiveness, then to ask for permission" ;);)

right Rocko / Arq

i'd take that advise
  • It's all in how you present it. Don't just say, "Hey, umm, I'm going to Cleveland for a PJ show on Mother's Day"

Build up to it....remind her of the trip to Boston, maybe even give her the handbag right as you're about to tell her. And then tell her that you've already made reservations on an alternate date to celebrate MD at her fave restaurant. Give yourself a fighting chance. Or a non-fighting chance, I guess, is what you're looking for.
  • oona leftoona left Posts: 1,677
    Shit....

I didn't know until now! Never even thought to check the calendar - priorities, you know??

Oh boy. I guess Mums is getting something extra nice this year.
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    ooops oh well, I will go visit my mom the weekend before

it's not like I had looked at a map of May
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
    gndcd402 wrote:
    bring your mom

Not a bad idea, actually....

I went with my mom the first time I saw them!! She loved it!!

She's got good taste in music :D
  • i think an expensive gift/alternative date with a nice dinner will definitely be needed in this case. youll be fine.
  • I was thinking of trying to get tix but then I saw a post mentioning it was Mother's Day. If your family is anything like mine, they'd remind you of your decision every Mother's Day for the rest of your life. Not worth it.
  • or you can just say that you don't need a specific day to tell her/show her how much she means to you and that you try to make her feel appreciated and special every day.
    or you can just say that you don't need a specific day to tell her/show her how much she means to you and that you try to make her feel appreciated and special every day.

Almost sounds like you've worked this angle before, and had success.

Hmm, I have to rethink my strategy now.
  • pickupyourwillpickupyourwill Posts: 3,135
    Stryker420 wrote:
    a.k.a. Mother's Day.

:lol: that is too funny. didn't think about it from a guy's point of view.

I was thinking of doing the Cleveland one at one point BECAUSE it is mother's day and I'm a momma. but another one worked out better.

and I was wondering why this guy at my work never brought up the Cleveland show as one of his options. I bet mother's day had something to do with it. that and school being the next day. us parents get no party time--what up with that?