PJ's Global Influence on the Individual

dh253510dh253510 Posts: 1
edited March 2010 in The Porch
Hey Kids ... My name is Derek and I'm a long time Pearl Jam fan and Ten Club member (yes, it is a little like an addiction) from here in Colorado. Just prior to attending my last PJ show at The Gibson in LA, I was fortunate enough to come into contact with (via the long-reaching tentacles of the internet) a PJ fan in the country of Jordan. Her name is Suzan, and she is literally the most intense and well-versed PJ fan you will ever meet -- and I have met quite a few.

In the month or two prior to the show I attended in LA, Suzan and I chatted quite a bit about our love for the band, the Jamily at large, and music in general. She wanted the vicarious experience of attending a live show, as PJ has never visited her neck of the woods, and I was constantly shooting her updates before, during and after my October 1 date with the boys.

Suzan is a cool cat who lives in an extraordinarily unique set of circumstances. As a kid, she was introduced to PJ by her dad, a pilot for the former king of Jordan back in the day. As he traveled he would bring her back music from around the world, and Ten was the album that shook her to the core. For twenty years she and her bro have lived and loved PJ in a setting that doesn't always embrace what women or the western world offer. First and foremost, her love for the band and their music is something she has asked me to forward to anyone willing to listen (she even called my local radio station here in Boulder to make this love known!). Secondly, Suzan has begun a one-woman crusade to get PJ to visit the middle east to perform live. I think it has become her life's work!

She has begun a group on Facebook called "Petition : Pearl Jam plz come to Jordan (Middle East)," and I am encouraging anyone and everyone who may read this post to go and join her cause in this singular endeavour. Power in numbers I told her! At shows, Eddie often talks about how PJ's music above all else brings people together. This is my real life example of that and my little attempt to do something about it on behalf of an exceptional person I have yet to meet face to face. I told my wife if Suzan can actually pull it off, we may have to fly to Amman or Dubai or wherever PJ may end up playing to meet her and watch her reaction to seeing Eddie and the boys in person ... it would be like hearing Ten again for the first time.... Thanks everyone!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I'm not that computer savvy, let alone facebook literate, but maybe I'll get someone to help me support this mission of this dedicated lady ...

though I've experienced my Pearl Jam pilgrimages in Germany and the UK and will again around Euro come June God willing, I and a countless number of people I know, including my friends and family, have tripped on the idea of Pearl Jam comin to Pakistan... clearly it's far fetched, but hell, Eddie (and Jeff too) has played and sung with our late, Qawalli singer, Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan, so we like to trip away i guess...