What's The FIRST Thing You Do When You Get Pulled Over?

2»

Comments

• dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    81 wrote:
    but he called in anouther cop for back up. :lol:

I swear to God, everytime I see someone pulled over there is 2-4 squad cars there...was Dunkin' Donuts closed? :roll:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    scb wrote:
    I hate to say it, but I think it also helps that I'm a young white woman.

Yeah, but that works against you when walking thru alleys late at night, so I'll say it balances out.
    :lol::o :? :D
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • g under p wrote:

How about you, have you ever talked your way out of a ticket?

Peace

well, my FOP card did. :D
    that and my being polite, honest and smiling perhaps....
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• SawyerSawyer Posts: 2,411
    I usually pull my pants up
  • __ Posts: 6,651
    CJMST3K wrote:
    scb wrote:
    I hate to say it, but I think it also helps that I'm a young white woman.

Yeah, but that works against you when walking thru alleys late at night, so I'll say it balances out.
    :lol::o :? :D

:shock: Great point! :lol:
  • mr.pinkmr.pink Posts: 362
    1) Once I got pulled over about 30 seconds after smoking a blunt outside Roswell, NM. The officer made an obvious sniff to tell me he knew, how could you not. My stash was in my Alice in Chains box set. He noticed it and we talked about the band for a second. No ticket in the end, and I asked him if he could spare some cash. He gave me five dollars!

2) once pulled over with a suspended lisence, no registration, no insurance, no inspection and two joints in my pocket. The small town sheriff said, "Now I'm supposed to take you to jail" I asked what else we could do, and gave him 100 dollars - no ticket.

3) I'm usually friendly and casual, but once I was in a terrible mood and couldn't hide it. I angrily pumped the brakes three times pulling over and definitely looked pissed when he got to the window. No ticket and it was the shortest encounter I've ever had with a cop.
    Twenty-ten watch it go to fire!!!
  • WhizbangWhizbang Posts: 1,314
    Give the nice police officer some pancakes......

Is it too early for flap jacks?
    believe it or not, we don't "need" anything. that is only the spoiled brat in us trying to fill some temporary solution to an emptyness that does not exist.

I have eaten so much gold I crapped excellence - drtyfrnk29

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all!
  • WhizbangWhizbang Posts: 1,314
    When I do get pulled over, I sit patiently and wait for the officer to arrive at my window and ask for license & registration.

First time I was pulled over, I was 17, cruising in my '72 Olds.....42 in a 25. I acted surprised.....no ticket.

Another one - I was 24, in my ex husband's car but before we were married, on my way home from work. Cruiser parked on the side of the road and as soon as the cruisers lights went on, I pulled over. I knew I was speeding so why keep going? He didn't have to drive far to get to my car. Asked me why I thought he was pulling me over, my response "Probably because I was speeding". No ticket.

Center of town, my registration expired due to my own error. Let me go since I lived in town.

Lucky that I had only one drink at 8pm one night; 1:30 am with tail light out. let me go with a written warning as I was a mile from home

A few other times for tail lights out (f'ing VWs, lights go in that car all the time) and they let me go. A couple times, I've had my dogs in the car which is a riot and a guaranteed pass.
    believe it or not, we don't "need" anything. that is only the spoiled brat in us trying to fill some temporary solution to an emptyness that does not exist.

I have eaten so much gold I crapped excellence - drtyfrnk29

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all!
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave Posts: 41,839
    I've been pulled over several times (mainly for speeding and once the wrong way on a one way street, I was lost), but never have gotten a ticket. Not sure why or how *knock on wood* To answer your question I act calm, cool and collected :P
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • JoJo Posts: 2,098
    I gave some friends a ride home from the pub, and enjoying a very fast cruise when a cop passed me and did a U-turn.......So, having had a few drinks myself, I thought I would just do a runner.... :roll: I drove like a bat out of hell but another cop was waiting for me around the corner ....I got arrested, $600. fine and lost my licence for 6 months. The cops were really friendly and funny. We actually had a great time while I was getting finger printed and photographed.... :lol: :?

Another time I was enjoying a very fast cruise after picking up some Italian Takeaway dinner, when a cop passed me and did a U-turn. This time, having had a few drinks but thinking I was still under the alcohol limit, I pulled over. .....I got arrested, $800. fine and lost my licence for 8 months. :roll: But the cops were cool enough to deliver the dinner home to my parents first before taking me to the cop shop. :D

Another time, watching footy with friends, at half time I went down the shops and got pulled over in the car park. I had been drinking and smoking weed and was shitting myself, but the two cops actually pulled me over to CHAT ME UP, phew! I got away with that one. :D

I've grown up now and get a taxi if I'm drinking.
  • Last time.....

So I...pull over to the side of the road
    I heard "Son do you know why I'm stoppin' you for?"

Cause I'm young and I'm black and my hats real low?
    Do I look like a mind reader sir, I don't know
    Am I under arrest or should I guess some mo'?

"Well you was doin fifty-five in a fifty-fo' "
    "License and registration and step out of the car"
    "Are you carryin' a weapon on you I know a lot of you are"

I ain't steppin out of shit all my paper's legit
    "Well, do you mind if I look round the car a little bit?"
    Well my glove compartment is locked so are the trunk in the back
    And I know my rights so you gon' need a warrant for that

"Aren't you sharp as a tack, you some type of lawyer or something'?"
    "Or somebody important or somethin'?"

Nah, I ain't pass the bar but i know a little bit
    Enough that you won't illegally search my shit

"We'll see how smart you are when the K9 come"

I got 99 problems....
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
  • JoJo Posts: 2,098
    SEE? that's wrong.
    The day after I got pulled over and CHATTED UP by the cops, my bloke got caught in the same car and it got an " OFF THE ROAD STICKER"......when I stepped out the car and reminded the cops I was the same chick they pulled over the day before in the same car, they yelled " Shut up bitch "..... :? :oops: :cry: :? :oops:

it does help to be a white woman.....so yea....some cops really suck. :evil:
    Jo wrote:
    SEE? that's wrong.
    The day after I got pulled over and CHATTED UP by the cops, my bloke got caught in the same car and it got an " OFF THE ROAD STICKER"......when I stepped out the car and reminded the cops I was the same chick they pulled over the day before in the same car, they yelled " Shut up bitch "..... :? :oops: :cry: :? :oops:

it does help to be a white woman.....so yea....some cops really suck. :evil:

Yeah, it helps to be a young white woman for all the wrong reasons. The cop who pulled me over twice for my headlight being out ended up kind of stalking me. :oops: :(
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    roll the window down ?
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Heatherj43Heatherj43 Posts: 1,254
    I never see the cop behind me. I don't know why. Its like he hides and comes out of nowhere!!
    He asks me questions, but I ask him some too.

I want to know why he pulled me over, like I have several incidents that I got pulled over at bar closing time only 'cuz of the time of night it was, that is illegal. They have to have a reason besides that. They always say its cuz I was weaving. The punch line is that I worked those hours and am never drinking. I tell him how its funny that I never get pulled over in the day for "weaving"!

Its bogus. As I said, in my state they have to have another reason besides just thinking you must be drunk since you are out at that time of night.

One bastard went ahead and gave me a no seat belt ticket, this was back when the law was new. Instead of aplauding I wasn't drinking, he came up with something to nail me on. Prick!

Why don't they just sit outside the bars. Maybe its illegal too, but the cop didn't mind breaking the rules for me. I think I was driving extra precautious, cuz of the time of night is why he stopped me to begin with, but he was wrong and "found" a reason to nail me anyways!
    Save room for dessert!
  • It depends on the cop? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yioJQFrqMXM

A few years ago I was pulled over for my registration tag being expired. The cop asked for the usual and I handed him my expired registration, expired insurance and my license. Lo and behold, my inspection and emissions stickers were also way past the point of expired. He asked if I had anything that was current, and I responded, "I think my license is".

He just shook his head at me and said, "You really shouldn't be on the road. I could sit here writing tickets that will waste my time, and give you a really bad day."... he thought about it a moment, "I'm going to give you a warning... but if I see you on the road again and this isn't taken care of, I'll have to get your car towed and you're going to owe a lot of money in tickets and tow fees. Will you get this taken care of?"

"Yes, Officer"

And that was that....
    Pitt 98, Pitt 00, Cleveland 03, Pitt 03, State College 03, Toledo 04, Toronto 05, Pitt 05, Cleveland 06, Pitt 06 & Chicago 07, Chicago 1&2 09, Philly 2,3,4 09, Cleveland 10, Columbus 10, Alpine Valley 1& 2 11
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,184
    mbangel10 wrote:
    It depends on the cop? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yioJQFrqMXM

A few years ago I was pulled over for my registration tag being expired. The cop asked for the usual and I handed him my expired registration, expired insurance and my license. Lo and behold, my inspection and emissions stickers were also way past the point of expired. He asked if I had anything that was current, and I responded, "I think my license is".

He just shook his head at me and said, "You really shouldn't be on the road. I could sit here writing tickets that will waste my time, and give you a really bad day."... he thought about it a moment, "I'm going to give you a warning... but if I see you on the road again and this isn't taken care of, I'll have to get your car towed and you're going to owe a lot of money in tickets and tow fees. Will you get this taken care of?"

"Yes, Officer"

And that was that....

Well did you take care of it?
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• g under p wrote:
    mbangel10 wrote:
    It depends on the cop? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yioJQFrqMXM

"Yes, Officer"

And that was that....

Well did you take care of it?

Of course, I had it all done within a few days. Although the following year.. I got pulled over for the same exact thing. This cop took the time to write the tickets but told me that if I fixed it all, he wouldn't show up in court and I may not have to pay anything. He kept his word and I had it all current by the time I got to court and didn't owe a dime. After that, I got my head on straight and I never let things lapse anymore.

The insurance would have cost me $300+ but I had the current card, just not in my car at the time... that helped a great deal.
    Pitt 98, Pitt 00, Cleveland 03, Pitt 03, State College 03, Toledo 04, Toronto 05, Pitt 05, Cleveland 06, Pitt 06 & Chicago 07, Chicago 1&2 09, Philly 2,3,4 09, Cleveland 10, Columbus 10, Alpine Valley 1& 2 11
  • i grab my dl and when he/she comes to my window i hand him my dl and say im sorry. it has gotten me out of 2 tickets.
    I'll be back
  • Heatherj43Heatherj43 Posts: 1,254
    The 1st thing I do is get my driver's license, registration, and proof of insurance ready to show. The 2nd thing I do is get prepared in my head what I am going to say.
    Tears have never worked for me.

What drives me crazy is when they ask how my record is. I don't know why they ask. No matter what I say, I still get a ticket.
    Save room for dessert!
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,184
    Heatherj43 wrote:
    The 1st thing I do is get my driver's license, registration, and proof of insurance ready to show. The 2nd thing I do is get prepared in my head what I am going to say.

What drives me crazy is when they ask how my record is. I don't know why they ask. No matter what I say, I still get a ticket.

I like this guy's strategy.... :D
    True Story. I always make sure my glove compartment is packed full of useless papers and All old insurance and registration documentation. Then...when the cop asks for my stuff, I open the glove box and everything falls onto the floor. I fumble around and gather it up in a messy pile and start paging through it for 10 minutes while the cop stands there. Eventually they ask to look themselves, so I hand them the whole stack of papers, letting some of them fly away in the breeze outside the car window. They never know what to do with that mess of papers while standing there on the side of the road and obviously dealing with a complete idiot (me). So they hand them back and tell me to be on my way.
    I have used this method probably 5 times in my life. None of those resulted in a ticket.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• FrannyFranny Posts: 2,054
    g under p wrote:
    Heatherj43 wrote:

I like this guy's strategy.... :D
    True Story. I always make sure my glove compartment is packed full of useless papers and All old insurance and registration documentation. Then...when the cop asks for my stuff, I open the glove box and everything falls onto the floor. I fumble around and gather it up in a messy pile and start paging through it for 10 minutes while the cop stands there. Eventually they ask to look themselves, so I hand them the whole stack of papers, letting some of them fly away in the breeze outside the car window. They never know what to do with that mess of papers while standing there on the side of the road and obviously dealing with a complete idiot (me). So they hand them back and tell me to be on my way.
    I have used this method probably 5 times in my life. None of those resulted in a ticket.

Peace

Tears never worked for me.....the one time I had the tear factory going I had already been crying! I was pregnant (so over emotional anyway), just split with the bf and had a big fight with him, had a phone call that my grandfather was in hospital and was running late for work. Then the bastard decided to top it off by giving me a ticket for doing 70km in a 60km zone and it was a rural area. I think he had the shits and thought I was a perfect candidate to have my day completely shat on!! Fair enough I was over the limit, totally accidentally, I hadn't had a ticket in three years, a warning would have been sufficient.

Needless to say, I am glad that my curren car has cruise control and I use it religiously. Haven't had a ticket since.
  • yokeyoke Posts: 1,440
    I have been pulled over about 5 times and each time I react differently.

1st time I was pulled over
    Newark NJ I was in my work truck(phone company). I took a right turn on red and I was pulled over almost immediatly. I was like wtf did I do wrong? Cop told me you can't make that turn. Well, the city installed a No Turn on Red sign the previous night. Like I said I was there everyday and pretty much went the same route after my exit. So that was a 2 point ticket, I noticed that they had a line of cars infront of me pulled over with cops giving everyone tickets. Fought the ticket in court and lost.

2nd time
    Cherry Hill NJ - I was speeding, and I did argue but I lost. 4 point ticket fought it down to a 1 point ticket in court. I was speeding because I was behind a truck carrying rocks/gravel and it was spilling out all over. I just replaced my windshield the week before because of the same thing. I was not doing that again so I hit the gas and went around him and got nailed by the cop sitting there.

3rd Time
    195 in NJ - Speeding but didn't realize it. Cop got me from the other side of the highway and came after me. He was a State Trooper and told me I was doing 80mph and I of course argued with him. Well I got out of that ticket. He was a cool guy and let me go, he knew I was on my way home from work and cut me a break.

4th Time
    Princeton NJ - sitting in traffic and a cop had someone pulled over on the right. I passed them at a crawl and he pulled out behind me and pulled me over right away. I was pulled over for and ticketed for a Seat Belt.

5th time
    Brielle NJ - driving over the Pt Pleasant bridge cop pulled me over for and ticketed me for not wearing a seat belt. He then argued with me because I didn't pull over right away and continued off the bridge and pulled off the main road. I did that because it was heavy traffic and dangerous but he was still a dick about it.

Oh and I never have any paperwork ready for them, they can wait and explain to me what I did wrong first.
    Thats a lovely accent you have. New Jersey?

www.seanbrady.net
    Tears never worked for me.....the one time I had the tear factory going I had already been crying!

That just reminded me of a time when my sister and I (she was driving) got pulled over and we were both in tears. We were in high school and had just had a big fight with our parents (I think they said we couldn't go out after prom or something) so we took off to our friend's house. I don't remember if we were speeding or had expired tags or what, but we got pulled over and we were still hysterically crying and these two male cops didn't know what to do. To make matters worse, we had an old, fucked up car and the windows wouldn't roll down. So they were trying to tell us to role down the windows and asking why we were so upset and we were trying to tell them - through the windows and through our sobs - that the windows didn't roll down and that our parents wouldn't let us stay out after prom or whatever. Ah.... the drama of being a girl in high school! Anyway, we didn't get a ticket. I think the cops just wanted to get the hell out of there as quickly as possible.
    Needless to say, I am glad that my curren car has cruise control and I use it religiously. Haven't had a ticket since.

This reminds me of another time I got pulled over. I was driving home from work at around 1 in the morning and I didn't even realize I was speeding. Of course I was really nice to the cop and just told him that I didn't realize I was speeding and I wasn't even in a hurry to get anywhere, I was just kind of zoned out after work. He didn't give me a ticket, but he suggested that my next car should have cruise control.
  • MahaloevMahaloev Posts: 305
    yoke wrote:
    I have been pulled over about 5 times and each time I react differently.

4th Time
    Princeton NJ - sitting in traffic and a cop had someone pulled over on the right. I passed them at a crawl and he pulled out behind me and pulled me over right away. I was pulled over for and ticketed for a Seat Belt.

5th time
    Brielle NJ - driving over the Pt Pleasant bridge cop pulled me over for and ticketed me for not wearing a seat belt. He then argued with me because I didn't pull over right away and continued off the bridge and pulled off the main road. I did that because it was heavy traffic and dangerous but he was still a dick about it.

Oh and I never have any paperwork ready for them, they can wait and explain to me what I did wrong first.

Only in fucking Jersey. Don't you just love it?
    The Stars, the Snow, the Fire
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    I usually make sure all the drugs and concealed weapons are, well... concealed.
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    eyedclaar wrote:
    I usually make sure all the drugs and concealed weapons are, well... concealed.
    Good Thinking!!! :thumbup:

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    poop my pants, cross my fingers, and pray that the cop(s) doesn't smell the skunks in my trunk. :mrgreen:
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce