What's The FIRST Thing You Do When You Get Pulled Over?

g under pg under p Posts: 18,184
edited February 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
Tips From A Police Officer:What to Do When You Are Pulled Over

For me it's to just take a deep breath and {{{{{CHILL}}}}}} no matter what I might of done or state of mind I might be in.

How about you, have you ever talked your way out of a ticket?

Peace
*We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
.....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    always turn my engine of and keep my hands on the wheel. dont go into your glove box to get your information until the cop is at your window (don't want him seeing you fiddling around in the car before he gets there... might think you are trying to hide something).

i went through my 'always be an asshole to a cop' faze, but that shit gets you no where.
  • spary the smell good stuff :mrgreen: an only pull out id an insurance,, an not say a word
  • Give the nice police officer some pancakes......
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    I was pulled over right when I moved to this state about 8 years ago. I was very polite. Never saw the officer, but I always figure be polite.

In court, my officer goes up, and it's "Mr Clean" looking bald cop, wearing all leather. I was like "oh, shit". The officer read the charge to the Judge, and at the end he said "Mr ______ was very polite".

The judge took that into consideration, and allowed me to take driving school.

...too bad since I moved here I know no one whom I can get PBA cards from. Used to have a ton of them from NY, and that got me out of tickets 1/2 the time.

P.s. Never take online driving school. It's SO much harder than the real thing, AND they have trick questions like "When is it legal to drive with your parking lights on?". The answer is apparently "never".
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,184
    spary the smell good stuff :mrgreen: an only pull out id an insurance,, an not say a word

Yes, limiting to no conversation is good until the officer starts to ask his or her usual questions. Even then limit your conversation to specifics in a polite manner. They say the spray will only really help if it's something more natural like popcorn, hamburgers, food or a nice gaseous fart. :mrgreen:

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    i grab my wallet (drivers license) and insurance right after i pull over. i don't care if he is at my window or not. i could care less if he thinks i'm "hiding" something. it's not like he is going to show up my window and shoot me. :lol:

now if i have something to hide, i would have already hid it, and wouldn't be speeding or not using turn signals, or be doing rolling stops.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • I've only been pulled over about 4-5 times in my life, but...

I will pull off in a safe spot and get as far off the road as possible so that he/she isn't standing in a dangerous spot.

I will put both my hands on the wheel, and the one time at night I got pulled over, I turned my interior light on. The back windows in my wife's SUV are tinted, so I figured that it would help him see that I wasn't up to anything.

Besides that, just don't act like an asshole. Some cops are pricks and you are getting a ticket no matter what so it's just yes sir or no sir answers, but others seem ok and you can talk to and if you're nice you can end up with a warning or the speed knocked down.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
    BTW - Don't dismiss the idea of getting a lawyer.

I was once pulled over going 87 in a 55. That's 32 miles over the limit, kids. It was upstate New York, but I lived on Long Island. No way I was gonna be able to make that court date.

Hired a lawyer from up there, figuring he knows everyone, and can work some magic.

What did he argue it down to?

(guess before reading the post below)
    ...argued down to Parking on a sidewalk. Not even a moving violation.

The best $500 I've ever spent. 8-)
  • Curse my ass off !!

Then calm down before the cop gets to my window
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • MahaloevMahaloev Posts: 305
    Funny story...I went to see Ed play in Vancouver in 2007. We flew into Seattle then drove into Canada & back again. On the way back to Seattle in the wee hours of the morning after skiing all day & ending the evening with a fine ass 7 course dinner w/ wine included, I was driving the last half of trip in a Charger, not realizing I was going like 85 mph or maybe even faster. So, I see a car pulled off on the shoulder in the distance, thinking it was an abandoned vehicle, & as I passed the car, it immediately pulled right behind me in the middle lane! like, it almost fucking hit the rear of the car I was driving. I paniced & pulled over to left side of the median trying to stop, while the person who was with me was screaming, "You have to pull off to the right side!" Well, I've never been pulled over before by a cop, so I didn't know what to do? I've seen people pulled over on the left shoulder before & I was so tired & just wanted to get back to city after skiing, drinking & smokin' all day long. So the cop asked for all of our info, notices I'm not from the state of Washington & we couldn't find the rental insurance as well. It was so funny & scary at the same time. Luckly, he let us go. It was insane! What an experience. The person I was with, needless to say, was a little pisted off after that. I thought we were gonna be locked up in some random ass 2 celled jail/police station in the middle of nowhere. Geezzz, what a great time I had!!! But, to answer the question at hand, I guess the first thing I would do is grab the visine & remain calm. :lol:
    The Stars, the Snow, the Fire
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    81 wrote:
    i grab my wallet (drivers license) and insurance right after i pull over. i don't care if he is at my window or not. i could care less if he thinks i'm "hiding" something. it's not like he is going to show up my window and shoot me. :lol:

now if i have something to hide, i would have already hid it, and wouldn't be speeding or not using turn signals, or be doing rolling stops.

On no??? Ever been to Jersey?

I rest my case.....

I once got out of a ticket by laughing so hard at the officer that he finally let me go. Here's how it went. I was driving an 84 (i think) Chevy Citation, the thing was such a piece of junk it would rarely go over 40 mph. It was the car your kids would not allow you to drop them off at school with, they would rather walk from around the block in a flood, blizzard and firestorm than to be seen in this car. The color was "rust" with a hint of blue.

Anyway, I was driving down Rt. 57 near Washington, NJ, speed limit 45-50 mph, but I couldn't get above 40 for the life of me. Eventually the road slopes downhill right before entering the township line. So I'm putting along and then the downhill comes along and miraculously the car speeds up to about 45, after all it's mostly coasting, right?

Cop whizzes past going the other way...turns around and comes back, pulls me over. He says do you know how fast you were going? I say yeah probably about 40. He says, ma'am I clocked you doing 64 in a 45. Well, I don't know what came over me but I bursted out laughing, so hard, and couldn't stop to get a decent word out edgewise. He just stood there staring at me, all stoic and cop-like. Probably thought I'd just escaped from the looney bin. Eventually he wants to know what I'm laughing at, and I tell him there's no way I was going 64! Laughing still. :lol::lol: He insists I was. So I point out the fact that there was a line of cars behind me before he pulled me over, oh, lets say about a half a mile long? :roll: More or less? There's no place to pass in this area, so I was collecting them up rather quickly. hehehheheheeeeee. :lol: :?

Well, I produced the required paperwork..I was polite, but I couldn't stop laughing. He never did see the humor in it.

He suggested that I have my speedometer calibrated...or even have a mechanic check that I had the right size wheels and tires on the vehicle.

I was about senseless by then, out of breath, my sides hurt, and at that point I couldn't have straightened up if he'd pulled his gun on me.

Happy Ending..he finally gave up, gave me a verbal warning for the "speeding" and told me to have those "items checked by a qualified mechanic". Then he politely said, good morning ma'am and he was gone.

That was the most fun I've ever had being pulled over by the cops. ESPECIALLY in New Jersey!! :P
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • hide the weed, man!

Toledo, Ohio (September 22, 1996), East Troy, Wisconsin (June 26, 1998), Noblesville, Indiana (August 17, 1998), Noblesville, Indiana (August 18, 2000), Cincinnati, Ohio (August 20, 2000), Columbus, Ohio (August 21, 2000), Nashville, Tennessee (April 18, 2003), Champaign, Illinois (April 23, 2003), Noblesville, Indiana (June 22, 2003), Chicago, Illinois (May 16, 2006), Chicago, Illinois (August 05, 2007), West Palm Beach, Florida (June 11, 2008), Tampa, Florida (June 12, 2008), Columbus, OH (May 06, 2010), Noblesville, Indiana (May 07, 2010), Wrigley Field (July 19, 2013), US Bank Arena (October 01, 2014), Lexington (April 26, 2016), Chicago Night 2 (August 20, 2018), Boston Night 1 (September 02, 2018), Nashville (September 16, 2022), St. Louis (September 18, 2022)

Oh, my third story on this thread about being pulled over was I was pulled over on my birthday returning to high school with some friends for lunch. The cop pulled us over right in front of the school. Seriously, there was a bus who had it's "stop" sign out on the opposite side of the road at a light, but I was crossing a major intersection - was I supposed to stop in the middle of this major intersection?

Anyway, he saw it was my first (legal) time driving and proceeded to give me a verbal warning. Gotta love 16th birthdays, or however old I was.
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    CJMST3K wrote:
    BTW - Don't dismiss the idea of getting a lawyer.

I was once pulled over going 87 in a 55. That's 32 miles over the limit, kids. It was upstate New York, but I lived on Long Island. No way I was gonna be able to make that court date.

Hired a lawyer from up there, figuring he knows everyone, and can work some magic.

What did he argue it down to?

(guess before reading the post below)

no ticket
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
    StillHere wrote:

On no??? Ever been to Jersey?

I've been to Atlantic City by way of the Philly airport, but i was a passenger.

I stand by my process. After i get my wallet and insurace, i roll down the driver window. I'm not going to be scared of a cop because i might have been speeding a little. Obvioulsy, you don't be a dick to them, but i'm not going to be a pussy about getting my wallet out of my pocket.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    I once got pulled over with some friends by a K-9 unit with a pipe and a bag of grass. Cops made us roll the windows up before the dog sniffed the outside of the car...got away clean...

Never have I felt my heart beat like that though...
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    I've been pulled over twice: the first thing I do is Stop and pull over ;):lol: then smile and be very polite. I got a warning and a Happy Birthday, that worked on the first time, but the second time I did, this cop had one other person pulled over when he pulled me over, and then he pulled over another person. I got a ticket that time.. :(

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
    Even though it's best to be polite when being pulled over sometimes you have to stand for yourself if you're absolutely correct and innocent without getting into an argument/confrontation.

On one occasion coming back from family vacation on the Outer Banks NC. I WAS speeding at 90 mph earlier then slowed to 71 with traffic (speed limit was 70 mph) when an officer on the opposite side of a 2 lane road passed me. She turned around and pulled me over, she asked me how fast I was going I told her 71. She asked for the usual credentials then told me how fast I was going 84.

I paused and said sternly to her how were you able to determine how fast I was going with you traveling in the opposite direction and NO radar gun officer? She didn't say anything then said in her stern way your radar detector is illegal in this state. I then said in the past 6 years since I've coming to OBX and to Greensboro I've never ever seen a sign that says it's illegal in the state of NC to have or use a radar detector. I also told her it's illegal in Virginia and DC but not in my home state. She knew I was absolutely right and her very weak attempt of intimidation/trickery just wasn't going to hold up. She checked me out and everything came out fine and let me go without further incident.

If she had given me a ticket before signing it I would've asked her to put on the ticket how she determined whatever speed she thought I was going because I certainly was going to come back to the sheriff's office to fight that ticket in court. Sometimes you can stand up for yourself just make sure to do it in a polite way.

Peace

• PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    g under p wrote:
    Even though it's best to be polite when being pulled over sometimes you have to stand for yourself if you're absolutely correct and innocent without getting into an argument/confrontation.

On one occasion coming back from family vacation on the Outer Banks NC. I WAS speeding at 90 mph earlier then slowed to 71 with traffic (speed limit was 70 mph) when an officer on the opposite side of a 2 lane road passed me. She turned around and pulled me over, she asked me how fast I was going I told her 71. She asked for the usual credentials then told me how fast I was going 84.

I paused and said sternly to her how were you able to determine how fast I was going with you traveling in the opposite direction and NO radar gun officer? She didn't say anything then said in her stern way your radar detector is illegal in this state. I then said in the past 6 years since I've coming to OBX and to Greensboro I've never ever seen a sign that says it's illegal in the state of NC to have or use a radar detector. I also told her it's illegal in Virginia and DC but not in my home state. She knew I was absolutely right and her very weak attempt of intimidation/trickery just wasn't going to hold up. She checked me out and everything came out fine and let me go without further incident.

If she had given me a ticket before signing it I would've asked her to put on the ticket how she determined whatever speed she thought I was going because I certainly was going to come back to the sheriff's office to fight that ticket in court. Sometimes you can stand up for yourself just make sure to do it in a polite way.

Peace
    I'm glad you put her in her place... ;) :thumbup:

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
    g under p wrote:

Peace

I believe in some states police are allowed to deduce your speed by following you, but in an opposite direction? Then saying that detectors are illegal in NC? Yeah, shady cop. Good call.
    CJMST3K wrote:
    g under p wrote:

Peace

I believe in some states police are allowed to deduce your speed by following you, but in an opposite direction? Then saying that detectors are illegal in NC? Yeah, shady cop. Good call.

Yes I wouldn't had questioned her had she been behind me because you can determine a person's that way. However, in the opposite direction I knew she did'nt have a radar/lazer gun based on my detector, so I was perpared for determination of my speed.

Peace

• EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996
    I had a very cute roommate and she would cry (fake cry) every time she got pulled over and she never got a ticket.
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    At One Point in the Late Seventies...the first thing I did when getting pulled over was to:

Sit on the Trunk!!!!

Let's just say that some friends and I were taking a lovely Sunday Drive over the river and through the woods to a perfectly and lovingly prepared loamy plot down by the riverside. To get there, we had to travel down a private one lane dirt road onto some private but rarely if ever used meadowland. We had intended to beautify that particular landscape by providing the wildlife with some attractive and quite aromatic greenery for their enjoyment.

No sooner had we reached the Canal bridge, than who should decide to join us but our much beloved friend, the New Jersey State Trooper. Cruising up silently behind us (I say silently because although we were traveling on dirt, gravel and shale, we most likely had Terrapin Station or some other Dead, or maybe Hot Tuna blasting at max volume.) Being the quintessential gentleman,, Mr. Trooper kindly offers to allow us all to exit the vehicle and stretch our legs for a bit. How considerate, Officer! We stumble out, all 7 or 8 of us, and we girls nonchalantly hop up onto the trunk lid, all in a row, along the back bumper, (well, he couldn't have expected us to sit on the dirty ground, now could he have?) feet swaying, chatting and giggling and having a good old time. Possibly even a little flirtatious, I mean, for real, how attractive is a man in uniform? 8-)

Guys were brought around to the front of the car, searched, found to be clean,( :shock: !!!) and asked to remain there while the officer pays the womenfolk a little courtesy visit. He'd like to chat us up and make some smalltalk about what may have brought us down to the river on such a fine sunny day. Perhaps the young men we are with had some not so honorable intentions? How well did we know them anyway? Don't remember the answer but it must have been a good one, because he took a leisurely stroll round the car (my beloved 64 Chevy Impala SS Convertible), reminded us that this was private property in case we hadn't known, asked us to lead the way, and followed us out to the highway where he went on his merry way with not so much as a thank you very much, ma'am.

We must have been super fantastic actors, because our hearts were beating out of our chests, for lo and behold, under the lid of that very same trunk, hidden away by absolutely NOTHING, were oh, about 50 or so quite aromatic and darling little 3rd generation seedlings, just waiting to finally see that wonderfully special place we had promised them would become their new home sweet home.

When I look back at those years, I wonder sometimes, how did I ever make it this far? :lol:
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
    StillHere wrote:
    At One Point in the Late Seventies...the first thing I did when getting pulled over was to:

Sit on the Trunk!!!!

Let's just say that some friends and I were taking a lovely Sunday Drive over the river and through the woods to a perfectly and lovingly prepared loamy plot down by the riverside. To get there, we had to travel down a private one lane dirt road onto some private but rarely if ever used meadowland. We had intended to beautify that particular landscape by providing the wildlife with some attractive and quite aromatic greenery for their enjoyment.

No sooner had we reached the Canal bridge, than who should decide to join us but our much beloved friend, the New Jersey State Trooper. Cruising up silently behind us (I say silently because although we were traveling on dirt, gravel and shale, we most likely had Terrapin Station or some other Dead, or maybe Hot Tuna blasting at max volume.) Being the quintessential gentleman,, Mr. Trooper kindly offers to allow us all to exit the vehicle and stretch our legs for a bit. How considerate, Officer! We stumble out, all 7 or 8 of us, and we girls nonchalantly hop up onto the trunk lid, all in a row, along the back bumper, (well, he couldn't have expected us to sit on the dirty ground, now could he have?) feet swaying, chatting and giggling and having a good old time. Possibly even a little flirtatious, I mean, for real, how attractive is a man in uniform? 8-)

Guys were brought around to the front of the car, searched, found to be clean,( :shock: !!!) and asked to remain there while the officer pays the womenfolk a little courtesy visit. He'd like to chat us up and make some smalltalk about what may have brought us down to the river on such a fine sunny day. Perhaps the young men we are with had some not so honorable intentions? How well did we know them anyway? Don't remember the answer but it must have been a good one, because he took a leisurely stroll round the car (my beloved 64 Chevy Impala SS Convertible), reminded us that this was private property in case we hadn't known, asked us to lead the way, and followed us out to the highway where he went on his merry way with not so much as a thank you very much, ma'am.

We must have been super fantastic actors, because our hearts were beating out of our chests, for lo and behold, under the lid of that very same trunk, hidden away by absolutely NOTHING, were oh, about 50 or so quite aromatic and darling little 3rd generation seedlings, just waiting to finally see that wonderfully special place we had promised them would become their new home sweet home.

When I look back at those years, I wonder sometimes, how did I ever make it this far? :lol:

:D That was beautiful my dear, beautiful. :lol:

• Thorns2010Thorns2010 Posts: 2,200
    Mine is to turn off the car, and the radio. I don't need to be rocking out to music while the officer is trying to talk to me! :mrgreen:

Anyway.......of the....8-10 times I've been pulled over, I've only gotten 1 ticket.

I'm not sure what my secret is, other then I'm always honest, and always polite. Saying yes sir, no sir.

Oh, and yes, every single time I was pulled over I was over the speed limit, or rolled through I stop sign.

Although my favorite was probably the time I was pulled over by an off-duty state trooper, who was in his civilian clothes. hehehehehehe

I was driving back home after work, and at the time, I worked about 30 miles from home. Anyway, it was almost all freeway driving, so it wasn't that bad of a commute.

So, it was dark, and my roommate was having people over, so I wanted to get back home. So.....I started going faster and faster. I got up to......probably 90-95 mph?? And, for the last little bit, I noticed a car was following right behind me. My mind thought 'well, if it was a cop, he would have pulled me over by now, so if must be someone else that wants to go fast' because it was a good 7-10 miles that he was behind me.

Anyway, just as I'm coming up on my exit, his cherries pop on, and my thought is just 'WTF??? Why did he wait until now to pull me over?? This makes no sense!'

Then, as I'm pulled over, he walks up on the passenger side of the car, and, he is in street clothes. Again, I'm thinking WTF is going on??

Anyway, long story short, I guess legally he couldn't give me a ticket, but he figured he'd scare me by telling me it would show up in the mail. Never did though, and I've been pulled over plenty of times sense, so its not like I have an outstanding ticket on me or anything.

But, I did learn my lesson, and since then, I've never driven that fast at night, let alone during the day. Ah, to be dumb and 20 again! hahahahahaha
    Another of my getting-pegged stories:

I was on the Southern State Parkway on Long Island (think a regular large highway, but TONS of cars). I was going pretty fast in the left lane, and I see a cop car ahead way up on a grassy hill on the right by an exit. For some reason, I can tell he "got" me. Sure enough, he starts merging into the far right lane from the grass, and there's tons of cars, so I'm sure he was concentrating as he's merging.

To confuse him, I get into the middle lane, then the right lane.

By the time he got to the left lane where I was originally, I was now in the right lane and getting ready to exit. He starts now merging to the right as I'm exiting. By the time he's in right lane and going up the exit ramp, I'm pulling into a gas station. I think to myself "he's not gonna be able to explain to his supervisor how he pulled over a guy for speeding who is pumping gas". So, sure enough immediately after he got off the highway, he gets back on the highway.

Score 1 for the "good" guys. :lol:
  • CJMST3K wrote:
    Another of my getting-pegged stories:

I was on the Southern State Parkway on Long Island (think a regular large highway, but TONS of cars). I was going pretty fast in the left lane, and I see a cop car ahead way up on a grassy hill on the right by an exit. For some reason, I can tell he "got" me. Sure enough, he starts merging into the far right lane from the grass, and there's tons of cars, so I'm sure he was concentrating as he's merging.

To confuse him, I get into the middle lane, then the right lane.

By the time he got to the left lane where I was originally, I was now in the right lane and getting ready to exit. He starts now merging to the right as I'm exiting. By the time he's in right lane and going up the exit ramp, I'm pulling into a gas station. I think to myself "he's not gonna be able to explain to his supervisor how he pulled over a guy for speeding who is pumping gas". So, sure enough immediately after he got off the highway, he gets back on the highway.

Score 1 for the "good" guys. :lol:
    How many more??? :lol:
    few dumb fun stories....

riding around on my motorcycle with a buddy on back. pulled over because i don't have eye protection on. cop was like, ask your buddy if you can borrow his sun glasses, so i said, hey buddy, can i borrow your sunglass's.

pulled over for doing 75 in a 55. now mind you, i was only speeding because it made it bearable to drive my car. needed a new muffler and didn't have the cash until lthe weekend. he said i wasn't his fastest that day...i really wish i would have said, can i try again :lol:

pulled over for tinted windows, broken tail light and speeding...not a single ticket

pulled over for speeding and the cop asked why i was going so fast...said i was late for court, which i was. :lol:

the worst was a cold rainy night on the motorcycle. a light was turning red, but i made the decsion to go (nothing coming from either side) becasue if i would have tried to stop, i would have wiped out. sadly, the car coming at me from the other direction was a cop. now mind you, it was a cold and rainy night. i was shivering like a mofo, but he called in anouther cop for back up. :lol:

plus 3 other pull overs but none of them were memorable.

i need to stop getting pulled over. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • __ Posts: 6,651
    I've gotten out of a handfull of tickets (and the others got dismissed). I'm always extremely respectful and polite and say I had no idea I was speeding or my headlight was out or whatever. (Well, except for that one time when the same cop pulled me over for the second time for headlight being out. I couldn't really deny knowing about it then because he remembered me.) I think it helps that I have a totally clean record. I hate to say it, but I think it also helps that I'm a young white woman.