this guy sings about nothing but sex, drugs, and R&R.......

mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,870
edited February 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
But then goes on to say something this truthful (from spinner.com),

AC/DC does charity work -- they just don't talk about it. The rock band's singer Brian Johnson doesn't think musician's like U2's Bono should publicize it either.

"When I was a working man, I didn't want to go to a concert for some bastard to talk down to me that I should be thinking of some kid in Africa," Johnson told Australia's Herald Sun. "I'm sorry, mate, do it yourself, spend some of your own money and get it done. It just makes me angry."

The AC/DC frontman has been shying away from charity events since 1985's Live Aid, which the band passed on playing. It's not that he's against playing a benefit gig, but Johnson wouldn't do it on a worldwide TV broadcast.

"Bob Geldof is a canny lad. He did what he thought was right at the time but it didn't work," he said. "The money didn't go to poor people. It makes me mad when people try to use politics or charity for publicity."

While there have been stories circulating that Johnson was thinking about retirement, he quickly shot down the idea. "Of course I don't want to retire," he said. "But I'm telling you, if the body or the voice packs in there's nothing I can do. Pride is what it is. You don't want to let yourself, the band or the fans down. I'll go on as long as I can."

AC/DC is currently on tour in Austrailia for the first time since 2001.
350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg