ESPN:Mike Greenberg: 'Martin Luther COON...King Day"

Comments

• mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 38,060
    eyedclaar wrote:
    This isn't racial. I'm sure he doesn't go around calling MLK a COON. That's ridiculous. We don't even do that shit down here where it's perfectly acceptable to be racist. I've said the N word a million times. Over 900,000 were just talking to my white friends and not even referring to blacks in any way. Fucking rap music will do that to you.

Anyway, I've never heard anyone here, including myself, ever refer to Dr. King as a Coon. That's just retarded.

The word Junior has the syllable (JOON) like Coon.

King begins with the same structural sound as the word Coon.

Put them together and you'll can slip up and say Koon. It's a slip of the tongue. Leave the man alone.

See, we agree on stuff. But would somebody answer my question... should I just always say "raccoon" to be safe?
    Never refer to any animal by it's common name. ALWAYS use the latin!!!!!! That way you can show people how much smarts you got! :mrgreen:
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • HammerdonkeyHammerdonkey Posts: 550
    edited January 2010
    dcfaithful wrote:
    Fucking white people. Coming to defend a 60 year old term of racism that none of you have ever experienced.

Do any of you regularly speak with 80 year old black people? If so, I apologize. I say you're full of shit but I apologize.

Whatever. None of you fucking know what real racism is so why come to it's aid? You don't even know what emotion you're defending. That's ignorant.

I worked in a warehouse in Duluth, Georgia and I was the only white guy on the crew. I got treated like shit, and with no respect and had been called "white boy". Although not verbally abusive, and not offensive to me, I still think it qualifies as a racist remark..

I hardly think you being reminded that you are a white person hardly qualifies as remotely being the same thing. Are you fucking kidding? That's why you fuckers never win the SEC Championship. That's a sad fucking story. Hell, I've been called an N Bomb by a black person. It's just a word. Anyway, I wound up whoopin his ass but it had nothin to do with him calling me a name. He just needed it so I gave it to him.
    Post edited by Hammerdonkey on
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 38,060
    Shouldn't this thread have been posted in a more appropriate forum? Like , say , A Moving Train? Would love to know how the rest of the world feels about our backwards ass.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,184
    Fucking white people. Coming to defend a 60 year old term of racism that none of you have ever experienced.

Do any of you regularly speak with 80 year old black people? If so, I apologize. I say you're full of shit but I apologize.

Whatever. None of you fucking know what real racism is so why come to it's aid? You don't even know what emotion you're defending. That's ignorant.

In this situation you're the ONE who is ignorant when you speak of real racsim. I'll tell you ONE story of many that I could tell.

Some years ago I once taught pre-school 3-4-5 year olds. On one hot day one of the children in my classroom got his foot stuck in one of the wooden play trains we had. Being one of the few teachers that actually played with the kids I was the first to come to his aid. As I tried to release his foot from the peddle he said angrily, "Help me you N-word" I said what did you say, and he repeated it. Well I released his foot took him aside and told that is not my name, told him my name then told him that is not a name to call anyone it's a bad name to call people.

I had to document what happened to my director and had a meeting with both parents. I told them basically what happened and what I said to their son. I then told them that word as far as I could tell has never been uttered at this school. I demonstrated the tone in which her son said what he said, the parents then looked at each other and must have figured out who in there family said that word for their son to repeat it.

As far as children goes they don't know of racism unless it's learned or taught within a family. The little boy never spoke of that word again and I think he has learn it's an inappropriate word to call someone. I'm engaged to an Irish redhead and will live in Florida and we get our share racist looks and treatment nothing new, unless it's physical I deal with these situations with a higher class and dignity.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• __ Posts: 6,651
    g under p wrote:
    I don't think it's appropriate to call anyone *coon* just based on how it was used in such a racial derogatory way in the past. If it makes you more comfortable calling a raccoon *coon* then go right ahead. I wouldn't, I'll call it what it is a raccoon. If one gets too comfortable with the word *coon* who knows where or when one could slip up down the road.

Peace

My grandmother's maiden name - and the last name of most of my cousins - is Coon. Therefor, we use the word all the time. We have Coon reunions, Coon cousins, and a Great-Grandma Coon. I remember when we were kids, we received a bunch of hand-me-downs from our cousins and, for some reason, they had written their last name in them. We gave what we couldn't use to the black kids next door and my mom got all worried that they would be upset.

We also grew up calling raccoons "coons," as did everyone else we knew.

While I agree that some words are and always will be derogatory, I think some words have other legitimate meanings.
    And why don't whites have any names that are equally as offensive? Honkey and cracker don't bother me in the slightest.

Possibly because the ol' "sticks and stones" adage is easier to follow when, ultimately, you're still the group in power?

While I see your point, I would remind you that it's the "fucking white people" who had never experienced "real racism" that played an integral role in ending slavery.
    scb wrote:
    g under p wrote:
    I don't think it's appropriate to call anyone *coon* just based on how it was used in such a racial derogatory way in the past. If it makes you more comfortable calling a raccoon *coon* then go right ahead. I wouldn't, I'll call it what it is a raccoon. If one gets too comfortable with the word *coon* who knows where or when one could slip up down the road.

Peace

My grandmother's maiden name - and the last name of most of my cousins - is Coon. Therefor, we use the word all the time. We have Coon reunions, Coon cousins, and a Great-Grandma Coon. I remember when we were kids, we received a bunch of hand-me-downs from our cousins and, for some reason, they had written their last name in them. We gave what we couldn't use to the black kids next door and my mom got all worried that they would be upset.

While I agree that some words are and always will be derogatory, I think some words have other legitimate meanings.

In that situation it's very appropriate to use the name Coon all you want. That word meant everything to your family, I wouldn't be surprised if they aren't black people named Coon. As are possibly some white folks named Cracker or Honky/Honkey and it also would be appropriate to call them by the name given.

I could see why your mom was worried about the name being written in the clothes she gave away. However even in that situation those neighbors should understand that was your family name and not a word used in a derrogatory way.

We will live right next to the Everglades and a raccoon family lives nearby and I know one night late I will run over one of them. Just as long as I don't run into one of the many wild boars we will have around here. :o

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• dcfaithful wrote:

I worked in a warehouse in Duluth, Georgia and I was the only white guy on the crew. I got treated like shit, and with no respect and had been called "white boy". Although not verbally abusive, and not offensive to me, I still think it qualifies as a racist remark...
    I think I speak for all whites in saying honkey and cracker aren't offensive. The reason why I can say that is because they aren't offensive. Nobody's that mentally weak to believe otherwise.

:lol:
    Try saying that to an old fashioned bigot.

while no one should ever be called racial epithets, whitey being called names is a hell of alot different than whitey himself calling another ethic or racial group names. For one, whites were never wholesale slaughtered in America, like Native Americans. Two, whites were never brought over in chains, forced to leave their homeland, and then when they got to this new land, were treated as slaves, lynched, harassed, murdered, told they were 3/5's of a human being etc...

The point is, whites in terms of their mistreatment on behalf of others sort of is nonexistant, compared to the disgraceful history whites have in terms of their treatment of other races

I am italian. My mom and uncle were called names on the playground as kids. My sister said, in 3rd grade or whatever another kid made a remark about italians. But its different. Italian Americans were mistreated, but their mistreatment pales in comparison to that of Latinos, Native Americans and African Americans.

Lastly, calling a white person "white devil" while I agree with the sentiment, doesnt really mean much. Whites hold the power. They control the racist justice system. They control the racist prison system. They control the schools. All the major corporations are predominantly run by white males. Calling an African American a racial slur plays into this. It reinforces the idea that blacks are second class citizens.
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    dcfaithful wrote:

I worked in a warehouse in Duluth, Georgia and I was the only white guy on the crew. I got treated like shit, and with no respect and had been called "white boy". Although not verbally abusive, and not offensive to me, I still think it qualifies as a racist remark...
    I think I speak for all whites in saying honkey and cracker aren't offensive. The reason why I can say that is because they aren't offensive. Nobody's that mentally weak to believe otherwise.

Try saying that to an old fashioned bigot.

while no one should ever be called racial epithets, whitey being called names is a hell of alot different than whitey himself calling another ethic or racial group names. For one, whites were never wholesale slaughtered in America, like Native Americans. Two, whites were never brought over in chains, forced to leave their homeland, and then when they got to this new land, were treated as slaves, lynched, harassed, murdered, told they were 3/5's of a human being etc...

The point is, whites in terms of their mistreatment on behalf of others sort of is nonexistant, compared to the disgraceful history whites have in terms of their treatment of other races

I am italian. My mom and uncle were called names on the playground as kids. My sister said, in 3rd grade or whatever another kid made a remark about italians. But its different. Italian Americans were mistreated, but their mistreatment pales in comparison to that of Latinos, Native Americans and African Americans.

Lastly, calling a white person "white devil" while I agree with the sentiment, doesnt really mean much. Whites hold the power. They control the racist justice system. They control the racist prison system. They control the schools. All the major corporations are predominantly run by white males. Calling an African American a racial slur plays into this. It reinforces the idea that blacks are second class citizens.

Very well put!
  • Nobody alive knows nothing about what it was like to be a slave or own a slave. Is anybody here over 200 years old? What the fuck are you history book readers arguing about. Nobody in our age bracket knows a goddamn thing about true racism. That fire was put out long ago.
  • Nobody alive knows nothing about what it was like to be a slave or own a slave. Is anybody here over 200 years old? What the fuck are you history book readers arguing about. Nobody in our age bracket knows a goddamn thing about true racism. That fire was put out long ago.

yeah, i agree. No one knows a thing about it these days. Certainly not the 1 million plus african american males in prison, the majority were incarcerated not for murder or rape, but for nonviolent drug use. In DC specifically the percentage of prisoners of color is something like 98 percent. Certainly not the laws on the books that target crack users over cocaine users despite the fact they are basically the same thing, yet crack is widely used in the inner city. Certainly the victims of police brutality know nothing about racism, when a police officer stops a driver merely for being dark skinned. Certainly not Louima who was raped by a few of NY's finest with a broom, or Diallo shot 41 times because police thought his wallet was a gun! Certainly the victims of murder in the inner city who are treated by police/the fbi whatever with little respect, after all, no one will care if some black kid from the ghetto is dead, right? Certainly the inhabitants of the inner city, dont know about racism, when by and large their neghborhoods are the dumping grounds for toxic waste and hazardous materials.

Rodney King really wasnt that long ago, nor was the Diallo case. Rodney KIng beaten by cops, ON VIDEO and the jury still aquitted the pigs. You dont think thats racist? How about the Diallo case, shot 41 times because they thought his wallet was a gun. Even if that was the case, wouldnt they realize maybe after the second shot, hey, he isnt firing back, and that wallet is A WALLET!? He had bullet entrance wounds on his soles of his feet indicating the police continued to shoot even as he lay on the ground. Yet, what did the jury do? Aquittal?
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,283
    I bet that prick does go around sayin that all the time ....what a dick ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • HammerdonkeyHammerdonkey Posts: 550
    edited January 2010

Jose, let me assure you that Mike Greenberg is on the up and up. His mistake is understandable. I've heard news anchors slip up and say FUCK on air. When you talk as much as they do, you're going to make mistakes. I'll admit, that was a huge one.

We all know that Mexicans are the only ones we can officially make racial slurs towards. It's in the White People Handbook...page 46 paragraph 2.

It's the Spickerization Clause. Everybody knows that ;)
    Post edited by Hammerdonkey on
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,359
    Have any of you that think Mike is racist for this slip up ever listened to the show?

He talks a mile a minute. It's a combination of words...a truly unfortunate one. But I in now way believe it somehow shows that he must use that word in his regular vocabulary.

Seriously, what is wrong with people. Just looking for the next reason to get OUTRAGED!!!! And always calling for people to lose their jobs for mistakes.

It's time people stop over dramatizing the fairly obvious slip ups, it only stifles the ability to have a real discussion about race and racism. You are part of the problem.
    hippiemom = goodness
    Have any of you that think Mike is racist for this slip up ever listened to the show?

He talks a mile a minute. It's a combination of words...a truly unfortunate one. But I in now way believe it somehow shows that he must use that word in his regular vocabulary.

Seriously, what is wrong with people. Just looking for the next reason to get OUTRAGED!!!! And always calling for people to lose their jobs for mistakes.

It's time people stop over dramatizing the fairly obvious slip ups, it only stifles the ability to have a real discussion about race and racism. You are part of the problem.
    Hammerdonkey
    Nobody alive knows nothing about what it was like to be a slave or own a slave. Is anybody here over 200 years old? What the fuck are you history book readers arguing about. Nobody in our age bracket knows a goddamn thing about true racism. That fire was put out long ago.

Some of us clearly don't get it.

Peace

• tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    scb wrote:
    g under p wrote:

Peace

Do y'all have coon dogs and coon cats too? :lol::lol:8-) :twisted:
    If one gets off the beaten path down here in the Dirty South....you don't hear about raccoon hunting...it's coon hunting...a term used by all shades of peoples here in these parts.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    Boy I'm glad I live in the States were it's okay to call some a Jew, a dick, an asshole, a fuckhead or even a faggot but god forbid I use the word nigger or coon or jigaboo. I see alot more reverse racism going on these days than anything else. Most of you seem to be a bunch of hypocrits you all stand up for the First Amendment and are against censorship but for some reason this one series of words are taboo. Shit I can say cunt and nobody even blinks an eye.

Answer me this: Would there be a controvery if Greenberg was black?
    #FHP
  • g under p wrote:

Hammerdonkey
    Nobody alive knows nothing about what it was like to be a slave or own a slave. Is anybody here over 200 years old? What the fuck are you history book readers arguing about. Nobody in our age bracket knows a goddamn thing about true racism. That fire was put out long ago.

Peace

Dear g under p,

You don't know a goddamn thing about racism from the 1950's other than what you see on the History Channel or what you've read in text books written by white people for public school systems. How old are you? I bet you aren't 60 or 70. Which means, you think you have a bead on things but you don't have a fucking clue what you're talking about. You're offended by things that you've been told to believe that should offend you instead of using your own mind to dictate how you fucking feel about it. Develop your own philosophy and spit out your own non-influenced opinion on something even as delicate as a racial topic. I doubt any of you are truly friends with someone that had to drink out of a coloreds-only water fountain or anyone who has been sprayed by a fucking fire hose in the streets by policemen. That shit may exist in another continent, but I'm obviously referring the the fucking country I live in.

And of course racism exists to some extent. It probably always will. It's certainly not at the level that it was in Mississippi back before the Civil Rights Movement...then again, you wouldn't know a fucking thing about that since you were born in the 80's and you don't operate in a society that tolerates open racism anymore.

What are you Utopians in an uproar about? All this Hero Posting makes me sick. Just be honest with your fucking self. Don't try to be something you're not. You're all flawed humans that are biased towards your own skin color. Some more than others but we all have a certain sense of racial bias. It's just human nature to feel that way. I'm not aware of anyone on the same level of Jesus Christ so quit pretending to be something you're not. You're a racist...plain and simple. To some degree that's what you are. You can't deny it. Guess what. Everyone on here is on a certain level. That's humanity. Deal with it. Tolerance of something doesn't clear you of the dirty little secret that you hide from your neighbors.
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    I've learned something from this thread: Using "fuck" as much as possible is the best way to make a point. :lol:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • IwasBit10IwasBit10 Posts: 646
    A month ago, Mark Schlereth on NFL Live said "fag" instead of "flag" when talking about a ref not calling a penalty. It was clear as day. But not once did I think he was anti-gay or homophobic, and since I haven't seen or heard much about it, I assume most people felt the same way.

I've never been on a TV talk show or hosted a radio show, but I have given presentations in front of up to 50 people at work, and I get so fuckin nervous, I barely know what is coming out of my mouth. I'm sure I mis-pronounce or stumble through some words, and I don't even realize or think twice about it. It doesn't mean I'm trying to get across some subliminal message.

I say it's extremely unfair and judgemental to just label Greenberg as a racist because of this, especially if all you know of him is from his time on air. I'd like to see those same people host a show and have every single word that comes out of their mouth for 3 hours scrutinized and analyzed.
    He floated back down 'cause he wanted to share, his key to the locks on the chains he saw everywhere.
  • dcfaithful wrote:
    I've learned something from this thread: Using "fuck" as much as possible is the best way to make a point. :lol:

Again, fuck is just a word. Had I written screw, it would have been the same thing but it's more acceptable in public. Fuck that.

See, I don't operate within the bounds that society has told me to accept. It's good to own my own individuality. I like not being a sheep. It's sad when the use of a word gets in the way of your point...which is a good point.

Don't be a sheep. That's Baaaaaaad. Very Baaaaaad.

In summation, fuck is a word that you've been told through the years that's a curse word. And you fell for it. At the end of the day, fuck is just a fucking word. Nothing more.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,451

yeah, i agree. No one knows a thing about it these days. Certainly not the 1 million plus african american males in prison, the majority were incarcerated not for murder or rape, but for nonviolent drug use. In DC specifically the percentage of prisoners of color is something like 98 percent. Certainly not the laws on the books that target crack users over cocaine users despite the fact they are basically the same thing, yet crack is widely used in the inner city. Certainly the victims of police brutality know nothing about racism, when a police officer stops a driver merely for being dark skinned. Certainly not Louima who was raped by a few of NY's finest with a broom, or Diallo shot 41 times because police thought his wallet was a gun! Certainly the victims of murder in the inner city who are treated by police/the fbi whatever with little respect, after all, no one will care if some black kid from the ghetto is dead, right? Certainly the inhabitants of the inner city, dont know about racism, when by and large their neghborhoods are the dumping grounds for toxic waste and hazardous materials.

Rodney King really wasnt that long ago, nor was the Diallo case. Rodney KIng beaten by cops, ON VIDEO and the jury still aquitted the pigs. You dont think thats racist? How about the Diallo case, shot 41 times because they thought his wallet was a gun. Even if that was the case, wouldnt they realize maybe after the second shot, hey, he isnt firing back, and that wallet is A WALLET!? He had bullet entrance wounds on his soles of his feet indicating the police continued to shoot even as he lay on the ground. Yet, what did the jury do? Aquittal?

you know people always spout off about how whites don't know what it is like to be black or from the ghetto - blah blah blah - well guess what, blacks don't know what is is like to be a white suburbanite either. maybe we aren't all racists but just influenced by OUR environment. maybe our thoughts regarding what goes on in the ghettos isn't racist but realism. is it a fact that most people are afraid to venture into the inner cities of america? Is that racism or just smart? I didn't make the inner cities gang and drug infested shitholes. i didn't make it where i can't walk down the streets of North Philly without fear. I didn't start the 'no snitching' that now goes on. be responsible for yourself and your own neighborhood and stop worrying about words - it is ridiculous. other ethnic groups went through hardships in this country just as well - review what the irish went through.
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,359
    g under p wrote:

Hammerdonkey

Peace

So you are saying that I don't "get it" because I think overdramatizing something like this diminishes the ability to discuss the real race issues that still exist? Or am I reading you wrong?
    hippiemom = goodness
    dcfaithful wrote:

Again, fuck is just a word. Had I written screw, it would have been the same thing but it's more acceptable in public. Fuck that.

See, I don't operate within the bounds that society has told me to accept. It's good to own my own individuality. I like not being a sheep. It's sad when the use of a word gets in the way of your point...which is a good point.

Don't be a sheep. That's Baaaaaaad. Very Baaaaaad.

In summation, fuck is a word that you've been told through the years that's a curse word. And you fell for it. At the end of the day, fuck is just a fucking word. Nothing more.

I'm afraid I don't know what I "fell for", unless you planned for me to notice your excessive use of a bland word.

Thanks for clarifying your individuality. Not all of us are sheep though, so please get off your high horse.

That's cool that you don't operate within the bounds of society, you're a step above a lot of people in doing so...and it's great to have a mind that thinks for itself, but like I said just remember you're not special in being the only who does. I agree that fuck is only just a word, and it's generally an aggressive one. Also, Maybe your point is a good one, I was only making the observation that it seems to be your most adjective of choice.

All in all, I'm just fucking with you pal. Relax a bit, like you said...they're just words. 8-)
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,283

Jose, let me assure you that Mike Greenberg is on the up and up. His mistake is understandable. I've heard news anchors slip up and say FUCK on air. When you talk as much as they do, you're going to make mistakes. I'll admit, that was a huge one.

We all know that Mexicans are the only ones we can officially make racial slurs towards. It's in the White People Handbook...page 46 paragraph 2.

It's the Spickerization Clause. Everybody knows that ;)

Classic from a true gringo ;)
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • dcfaithful wrote:
    I'm afraid I don't know what I "fell for", unless you planned for me to notice your excessive use of a bland word.

Thanks for clarifying your individuality. Not all of us are sheep though, so please get off your high horse.

That's cool that you don't operate within the bounds of society, you're a step above a lot of people in doing so...and it's great to have a mind that thinks for itself, but like I said just remember you're not special in being the only who does. I agree that fuck is only just a word, and it's generally an aggressive one. Also, Maybe your point is a good one, I was only making the observation that it seems to be your most adjective of choice.

All in all, I'm just fucking with you pal. Relax a bit, like you said...they're just words. 8-)

I think we misunderstood each other. I'm sure we operate under similar laws. We don't murder or break other laws regularly aside from some speeding here and there. I didn't mean to imply you were a sheep. You just read the post and saw the cursing and not the content. The point I made had more weight than the fuck words, or so I thought.

i just think everybody gets a little too caught up in stuff that they've been taught to be offended by rather than asking themselves is that really relevant today? Believe it or not, most of the shit our parents taught us doesn't even apply to today's world. I don't believe in curse words. I've always thought that was a bunch horseshit. There's no difference between crap and shit other than perception. You can say crap in church. But, say shit in church and you'll go to hell. What the fuck for?

Oh well, we'll all be dead in a few decades and none of this will matter anyway. Some punk ass teenager will read this thread 40 years from now and think about how retarded all of us are.

And to all teenagers reading this many years from now, you can all suck my balls. I was cooler than any one of you motherfuckers when I was your age.

Thanks.

P.S. Suck my balls.

Edit: No, you won't go to hell by saying shit in church BUT I dare your ass to say shit in front of your pastor this Sunday. "By the way Mr. Johnson, your sermon today was good shit."

See how that flies for you.
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    g under p wrote:

Hammerdonkey

Peace

Dear g under p,

You don't know a goddamn thing about racism from the 1950's other than what you see on the History Channel or what you've read in text books written by white people for public school systems. How old are you? I bet you aren't 60 or 70. Which means, you think you have a bead on things but you don't have a fucking clue what you're talking about. You're offended by things that you've been told to believe that should offend you instead of using your own mind to dictate how you fucking feel about it. Develop your own philosophy and spit out your own non-influenced opinion on something even as delicate as a racial topic. I doubt any of you are truly friends with someone that had to drink out of a coloreds-only water fountain or anyone who has been sprayed by a fucking fire hose in the streets by policemen. That shit may exist in another continent, but I'm obviously referring the the fucking country I live in.

And of course racism exists to some extent. It probably always will. It's certainly not at the level that it was in Mississippi back before the Civil Rights Movement...then again, you wouldn't know a fucking thing about that since you were born in the 80's and you don't operate in a society that tolerates open racism anymore.

What are you Utopians in an uproar about? All this Hero Posting makes me sick. Just be honest with your fucking self. Don't try to be something you're not. You're all flawed humans that are biased towards your own skin color. Some more than others but we all have a certain sense of racial bias. It's just human nature to feel that way. I'm not aware of anyone on the same level of Jesus Christ so quit pretending to be something you're not. You're a racist...plain and simple. To some degree that's what you are. You can't deny it. Guess what. Everyone on here is on a certain level. That's humanity. Deal with it. Tolerance of something doesn't clear you of the dirty little secret that you hide from your neighbors.

None of us are 60 or 70, but some of us have grown up hearing about what our older relatives experienced in the past.

You try to simplify the matter with your ignorant generalizations. It sounds as if you live with a great deal of guilt and anger related to your own racism.

I think we misunderstood each other. I'm sure we operate under similar laws. We don't murder or break other laws regularly aside from some speeding here and there. I didn't mean to imply you were a sheep. You just read the post and saw the cursing and not the content. The point I made had more weight than the fuck words, or so I thought.

i just think everybody gets a little too caught up in stuff that they've been taught to be offended by rather than asking themselves is that really relevant today? Believe it or not, most of the shit our parents taught us doesn't even apply to today's world. I don't believe in curse words. I've always thought that was a bunch horseshit. There's no difference between crap and shit other than perception. You can say crap in church. But, say shit in church and you'll go to hell. What the fuck for?

Oh well, we'll all be dead in a few decades and none of this will matter anyway. Some punk ass teenager will read this thread 40 years from now and think about how retarded all of us are.

And to all teenagers reading this many years from now, you can all suck my balls. I was cooler than any one of you motherfuckers when I was your age.

Thanks.

P.S. Suck my balls.

Edit: No, you won't go to hell by saying shit in church BUT I dare your ass to say shit in front of your pastor this Sunday. "By the way Mr. Johnson, your sermon today was good shit."

See how that flies for you.

What a great assumption. What makes you think I'm religious and go to church? :?

I'm with you and I'm not offended by cursing either...but your inability to respect others opinions is sad and reflects poorly on your "individuality" and your argument.
    P.S. Suck my balls.

P.S. Stop being a dick.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
This discussion has been closed.