Mazzy Star's NEW album

Mr RockoMr Rocko Posts: 647
edited January 2010 in Other Music
I've just read an interview the site "The Quietus" made to Hope Sandoval about her style and some other features, but what is really interesting is that her former band (Mazzy Star) is going to release a new album in this year.

Here it is the full interview: http://thequietus.com/articles/03452-the-mother-of-warm-invention-a-hope-sandoval-interview
México 24/11/2011
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,742
    hopefully this means a tour as well
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Pepe SilviaPepe Silvia Posts: 3,758
    that would be awesome if they toured!

from the article:

Then there's a new Mazzy Star album ready for release in 2010, and the long-awaited availability of those early Going Home songs to look forward to.
    don't compete; coexist

what are you but my reflection? who am i to judge or strike you down?

"I will promise you this, that if we have not gotten our troops out by the time I am president, it is the first thing I will do. I will get our troops home. We will bring an end to this war. You can take that to the bank." - Barack Obama

when you told me 'if you can't beat 'em, join 'em'
    i was thinkin 'death before dishonor'
  • Mr RockoMr Rocko Posts: 647
    Yeah, those "missing" songs are gonna be something worth it to listen. Let's hope this album is available in the Q1 of the year.
    México 24/11/2011
  • i dont know anything about their music post 1994, or anything about the new album, but Fade Into You is one of the best songs of the 90's. One of the best songs ever written. Just such a haunting atmosphere this little gem creates.
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    edited September 2016
    Not Mazzy, but Hope Sandoval and the Warm Inventions releasing a new album in Nov. Great news. :star:

http://pitchfork.com/news/67853-mazzy-stars-hope-sandoval-announces-new-album-shares-new-song-with-kurt-vile-listen/
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,860
    All Mazzy's albums ms are great. Into Dust.....
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090

Not Mazzy, but Hope Sandoval and the Warm Inventions releasing a new album in Nov. Great news. :star:

http://pitchfork.com/news/67853-mazzy-stars-hope-sandoval-announces-new-album-shares-new-song-with-kurt-vile-listen/

So good...Let Me Get There is such a great song! Been listening to this on repeat the past few days.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Heads up, So Tonight that I Might See is getting a reissue next year through Capital.
    Good news, as the recent reissues were done by the awful Plain recordings.
    I need an upgrade on my original Capital UK pressing.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    Love the new HS record. So hypnotizing
    www.cluthelee.com
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,225
    Just making my way through it. Up to song 5. That duet with Kurt Vile is amazing.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22