i wonder what Jeremy's parents thought of "Jeremy"

124»

Comments

• moses562moses562 Posts: 1,382
    I am enjoying the thoughts everyone is sharing. It's nice to see a real discussion happening.
    "A man has the right to be as big as he feels it in him to be." Ken Kesey
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,592
    Did someone say Jeremys parents were at a recent show, rocking out?
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419

I remember reading an article from a past PJ member (I want to say one of the Dave's) about how he was sitting at a bar/show/something and a woman came up and just slapped him. Left him totally dumbfounded. Turns out it was a relative of "the" Jeremy (agian, don't remember if it was a mom/sister/aunt/etc.) but she was saying that there is nothing worse than trying to deal with the tragic suicide of a family member and then having constantly shoved in your face everywhere you go.

Mind you, I'm paraphrasing. I looked for a good 15 minutes for the article before posting this but I can't find it (Found it. See below). If anyone knows what I'm talking about, please share it. My memory may be a bit off but I do believe that was the just of the little interview snippet.

EDIT: http://archive.alternativenation.net/former-pearl-jam-drummer-dave-abbruzzese-was-slapped-by-real-life-jeremys-girlfriend-over-video/

Great find. I never heard this story before. As an adult when the song came out I've always thought it was cruel because it was so easy to find out the true identity of the kid and his family. I think a name change to Zachary, Frederich, whatever would have made life a little easier for the friends, family, classmates, and school staff. And Ed should never have talked about his inspiration for the song and just said he wrote it as a result of being "troubled by teen suicide."
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    Vedd Hedd said:

Did someone say Jeremys parents were at a recent show, rocking out?

I would be money that was absolutely not true.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi