Reliving Pearl Jam's Discography: Vive La Vitalogy

jpoulasjpoulas Posts: 7
edited November 2009 in The Porch
Joe,

I enjoyed your post on Vs thoroughly, and would like to follow up with a few thoughts of my own before moving on to Vitalogy.

I still consider Rearviewmirror @ Jones Beach in 2000 the pinnacle of my concert experiences. The combination of venue (best I have been too), kick ass song, and the great group of people we went with hasn’t been equaled for me before or since.

Overall, I don’t believe any PJ album is superior to Vs. Perhaps Ten or Yield (or Backspacer) match it’s greatness, but nothing surpasses it.

Thank goodness I didn’t listen to Def Leppard as much as you did.
Finally, there is no reason that Guns N Roses shouldn’t still be in some kind of rotation for you.[/list]

I have come to believe that Vitalogy is the most distinctive album in Pearl Jam’s repertoire, even more so than Ten. Their first album is certainly one of a kind, but in large part because it was a first of its kind, and likely the best true grunge album ever recorded. There have been other grunge or grunge-like albums of course, but there has never been another Vitalogy - in many ways it is PJ’s one and only concept album.

Cont'd http://www.unfinisheddad.typepad.com/unfinisheddad/2009/11/r.html