My Adelaide Diary..(sorry can't find Adelaide thread)

Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
edited November 2009 in The Porch
What a day what a night.
Where to begin?
First of all what a pleasure it was to meet many PJ fans at Melbourne and Adelaide airports and on the plane.
Funny the flight there how I sat next to fans and there were fans in the seats in front of us and across the aisle.
I think the majority of that flight were fans.
You were all friendly and good to chat to.
And to those I met walking to the Adelaide oval and today at Adelaide airport waiting for my flight back home.
Many PJ shirts at the airports, the nod of the head as people walked past each other was cool lol
People approached me and were friendly as, PJ fans truely are great.

I don't know if you guys post much here but I caught a cab with 2 of you to the hotel, and to the couple today who alerted me to forgetting my poster on the xray conveyor belt, phewwwwwww how could I forgot to pick that up. Thanks for that. We were standing near check in and other fans approached us thinking we were waiting for the band lol

Oh and the couple from Canberra and the 2 dudes from Sydney, nice chatting to you.
And the dude who spoke to me about the great show last night in the toilet in Adelaide airport, didn't see who you were as I was....you know... but you were there lol.

Adelaide, cool place, my motel was so close to the venue and to restaurants.
I shall book there for the next tour.
Merchandise was good, got myself a gray shirt with the vinyl/saw on the front and tour dates on the back.
Also got a poster, very cool, much better than the Perth one I reckon.

Very happy with the set list, nearly all the songs I wanted were played.
No Way was awesome.
Interesting no betterman or corduroy but songs from Vs/Yield made up for it.
The boys really put on a show, well worth the money.
I was about 10 meters back next to the aisle barrier on Mike's/Jeff's side, helps being tall you can see clearly, sorry to the shorter people behind me, I kinda slouched a bit trying not to block much out for you.
Was hoping Eddie would run down so I can try high five him!

I had Liam Finn's drumstick land at my foot but didn't get down in time arrrr

And finally to the absolute wanker and his pig of a woman who pushed in with glass beer bottles in hand, visibly very drunk and absolutely rude with no regard for others around them.
If you read this you were the one with the Pink Floyd tshirt and long blonde hair and your pig woman looked like a trailor trash hill billy with no teeth.
Thanks for not allowing those around you to enjoy the show for over 30 mins by slamming into the people behind, next to and in front of you non stop despite warnings from security and others telling you to chill out.
You ruined Unthought Known and In My Tree for me you pigs.

We finally had enough during Unthought Known (after he slammed the fuck out of the guys in front of and behind him) and grabbed this guy, minor scuffle, almost fists.
Well done to fan power for getting this guy out much to the delight of the crowd.
It took some to grab him by the throat and me to push him into the barrier and hold him there to get the security to pull him out of there.
He even tried to take on 4 big security guys, his pig of a woman left after this.
Good riddance, don't come to another show you feral pigs.

That is all, next stop Melbourne!

:D

T_A
Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• NossieNossie Posts: 1,039
    :clap::clap::clap:

love it! hope you enjoyed your stay in our fine city, even with a few tossers thrown in! (believe me, the rest of us are pretty decent! :lol:) I loved seeing Mike in the t-shirt which has a silhouette of SA with "Heaps Good" written on it... that was classic! Go you good thing...

Here's a link to some footage of where Ed called that guy in the crowd an Asshole and to be careful...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6goN_mCbgs

Drop us a line when you next come to the Rad... will be good to catch up for drinks!!
    :D
    When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do...

Pearl Jam - Adelaide: 1995, 1998, 2003, 2006, 2009, 2014
    Eddie Vedder Solo - Adelaide: 27th & 28th March 2011, Melbourne 16th 2014
  • I retreated to my room was buggered and crashed out on the bed.
    How was the party?
    Many turn up?

No sound out of that youtube link?
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • NossieNossie Posts: 1,039
    I retreated to my room was buggered and crashed out on the bed.
    How was the party?
    Many turn up?

No sound out of that youtube link?

Hmm... there should be sound - works on my end!!

I reckon, all up, there were about 30ish people at the after-party... was very chilled and a great way to wind down... couldn't have asked for a better day!!
    When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do...

Pearl Jam - Adelaide: 1995, 1998, 2003, 2006, 2009, 2014
    Eddie Vedder Solo - Adelaide: 27th & 28th March 2011, Melbourne 16th 2014