You're Still Runnin............!

haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
edited February 2010 in The Porch
While walking across campus this past chilly and foggy Thursday morning (the same campus Terry Fox went to) I stopped in front of the large "Terry Fox Run" banner and couldn't help but still be on a high from last Friday... Ed making the crowd go crazy and telling us his thoughts about Terry Fox and their version of Light Years for him... AMAZING!

For those of you who don't know who Terry Fox is, he is a Canadian hero from BC who lost his leg to cancer and attempted to run across Canada to raise money and awareness for the disease. Given he only had one real leg you can imagine how much more extraordinary this was! Unfortunately, Terry only made it to Thunder Bay, Ontario when they found out the cancer had spread to his lungs... despite him passing away he left a LEGACY and every year schools participate in the Terry Fox Run in support of his cause. This is the website for his foundation: http://www.terryfox.org/

Thank you Eddie for making Vancouver 2009 even more memorable (and donating 20k!) and inspiring us further that we can make a difference!

On a side note: Another awesome Burnaby Fox (hehe) is Mr. Michael J! (not related). I'm sure more of you are aware of Marty McFly... and his battle with Parkinsons. MJF does a lot of work for charity here as well and I think he's awesome. :)

that is all. have a great weekend everyone!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments