Hey PJ, come back to Long Island and erase the '03 ugliness

2»

Comments

• This was my first PJ concert, and it was weird being there with the backlash I didn't find out till later there were more songs planned, but from where I was, the far side of the arena 2nd level, seemed very agitated. All that being said was an amazing night was absolutely fantastic until that point.
    Uniondale - Apr 30, 2003 Camden - Jul 06, 2003 Holmdel - Jul 14, 2003 Boston - Sep 28, 2004 Montreal - Sep 15, 2005 Philly - Oct 03, 2005 East Rutherford Jun 03, 2006 MSG - Jun 24-25 2008 Philly Oct 27-31, 2009 Newark - May 18, 2010 MSG - May 20-21, 2010
    Alpine Valley - Sept 3-4, 2011 Philly - Sept 2, 2012 Brooklyn - Oct 18-19, 2013 Philly - Oct 21-22, 2013 LA - Nov 23-24, 2013 New York -Sept 26, 2015 Fort Lauderdale - Apr 8, 2016 Miami - Apr 9, 2016 Philly - Apr 28-29, 2016 MSG - May 1-2, 2016 Fenway - Aug 5-7, 2016
    Brooklyn - Apr 7, 2017 Fenway - Sept 3-4, 2018 

• no video of this????
    Bill Graham Civic Auditorium - Jul 15, 2006
    Outside Lands Festival - Aug 28, 2009
    Key Arena - Sep 21, 2009
    Viejas Arena - Oct 09, 2009
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 23, 2010
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 24, 2010
    Oracle Arena Nov 26, 2013
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 26, 2014
    Parque Simon Bolivar - Bogota, Colombia - Nov 25, 2015 - MY HOMETOWN!!!
    Madison Square Garden - May 01, 2016
    Madison Square Garden - May 02, 2016
    Wrigley Field - Aug 20, 2016
    Wrigley Field - Aug 22, 2016 - MY B-DAY!!!

dL7POFOTD9H0c.gif
  • HinnHinn Posts: 1,517
    I find it amusing that you feel they owe anyone an apology.
    115 bucks for half a haircut by a novice? I want my money back!
  • Hinn wrote:

relax and look for the tongue-in-cheek theme of the original post. and besides, i said we owe each other an apology.
    Jam out with your clam out.
  • HinnHinn Posts: 1,517
    long red wrote:
    Hinn wrote:

relax and look for the tongue-in-cheek theme of the original post. and besides, i said we owe each other an apology.
    I'm really relaxed here, looking forward to more touring action with great friends doing all the tour planning for me :)

I just don't get what they have to apologise for, is all
    115 bucks for half a haircut by a novice? I want my money back!
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    Hinn wrote:
    what's amusing is ed acted like a big baby bout getting a taste of his own medicine back at him. Also the op said both parties owe each other an apology and yes ed does owe us an apology for being a baby back bitch bout it.

Concert still had one of the best RITFW ever
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    mauichick wrote:
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    Ugh - not down this path again.

Let us not forget that all of Brooklyn and Queens are on the Western end of The Island Of Great Length .

Jones Beach is horrible.
    Please Pearl Jam never play this Ampitheatre ever again .

I remember when the company name associated with this venue was miller genuine draft.
    There once was a time when you were able to pull out a blanket and go lay on the sand and hear the entire concert uniterputed or bothered.
    No more.,
    The venue has long lost the sense of intimacy it once had.
    They keep building up on top of it, ....
    getting larger and larger every summer.

It run by a bunch of knuckleheads,

Maybe ( hopefully ) pearl jam realizes most of all of this
    Even tho we are spoiled by The Priveledge of fan club allocation of tickets,
    not everyone is satisfied with this and has to resoprt to their own devices in acquiring tickets.

I tried sleeping out there in that tourstop of 3 nights ( 2000 ) ,
    but the state troopers turned us away at the front and said to return at sunrise .
    i pulled off the side of the loop parkway ( the circle around the needle ) and rested until just before sunrise.
    but by the time we drove up to the front, there were 6 cars inline and the sun hadnt fully risen yet.
    Youd think we woulda been in the top 10 online.

WRONG.

The scalpers had tents pitched and had obviously been alowed in when we were turned away overnight.

The folks immediately in front of us on the mystreriously extended long line
    admitted to us that they indeed werent fans ; they were in line for someone else.
    They later got a delivery from some shady slooking dudes with multiple cell phones and bags of donuts ;
    bagels and coffee for all of them .
    I shit you not, they all were securing all the max number of tickets at the box office than everyone waiting in line after them .

Bottom line, this place has been run in the past by some shady people somewhere along the lines, getting preferential advantageous perks that even the biggest diehard out there couldnt contend with.
    I was able to get what I was looking for, but these folks were clearly there for reselling purposes .

i still hope PJ doesnt play there ever again ,
    unless its a fanclub only show.

I'm sorry that hapened to you and it totally sucks but I LOVE LOVE JB and hope PJ returns..Most beautiful place to see a show and super fun to be able to hang out on the beach/board walk all day, tailgate and then see GREAT show open air by the water at night

COME BACK TO JONES BEACH PLEEAASSEE!!!

did you read my entire post ?

you CANNOT hang out on the beach, there is no boardwalk,
    you cant really relax and tailgate anymore,
    the air is nice but it kills the sound and any ambiance the place once had.
    It gets bigger and bigger every summer,
    AND the place is run by a bunch of absolute knuckleheads, equal to that guy that punched that girl in the face on MTV .

please PEARL JAM: STAY FAR FAR AWAY FROM JONES BEACH
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • long red wrote:
    Remember Nassau, 2003? The Bushleaguer incident? Incredible concert transformed into hatefest staring Pearl Jam vs. testy Long Islanders.

I always thought that that show was one of their all-time best, until the ugliness destroyed the love.

Come back to Long Island, Pearl Jam. We owe each other an apology. Make 2010 the year of mutual redemption!

Also, I'd love to see a New York Islanders themed tour shirt!

it was my FIRST show ever...and it was AWESOME!
    i thought it was brilliant that they played it, here. fuck the haters. :mrgreen:
    that said, i would love, love, love for them to come back to long island. i would prefer they revisit jones beach as i did not see them there. yet.

:mrgreen:

mauichick - glad to see some jones beach love!
    there's too much hate for the place, and sorry bathy, i STILL love it!
    you CAN tailgate still, and the sound can suck, but it can also be brilliant with the right crew, and the ocean breeze and the view is just awesome.

LOVE JONES BEACH....
    PLEASE COME BACK PEARL JAM!!!

8-)8-)8-)

edit - btw - jones beach has close to 5 MILES of boardwalk, so idk where some of you have been, haha.
    and hey, i love long island....we have many, many truly beautiful places. you hate the place? fine. some of us do love it. hate the property taxes tho. and oh yea, we're not all rich assholes either. just sayin'....
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• long red wrote:
    Remember Nassau, 2003? The Bushleaguer incident? Incredible concert transformed into hatefest staring Pearl Jam vs. testy Long Islanders.

I always thought that that show was one of their all-time best, until the ugliness destroyed the love.

Come back to Long Island, Pearl Jam. We owe each other an apology. Make 2010 the year of mutual redemption!

Also, I'd love to see a New York Islanders themed tour shirt!

it was my FIRST show ever...and it was AWESOME!
    i thought it was brilliant that they played it, here. fuck the haters. :mrgreen:
    that said, i would love, love, love for them to come back to long island. i would prefer they revisit jones beach as i did not see them there. yet.

:mrgreen:

mauichick - glad to see some jones beach love!
    there's too much hate for the place, and sorry bathy, i STILL love it!
    you CAN tailgate still, and the sound can suck, but it can also be brilliant with the right crew, and the ocean breeze and the view is just awesome.

LOVE JONES BEACH....
    PLEASE COME BACK PEARL JAM!!!

8-)8-)8-)

edit - btw - jones beach has close to 5 MILES of boardwalk, so idk where some of you have been, haha.
    and hey, i love long island....we have many, many truly beautiful places. you hate the place? fine. some of us do love it. hate the property taxes tho. and oh yea, we're not all rich assholes either. just sayin'....

HUGE HUGE <3 for JONES BEACH, never had bad sound, always able to tailgate and the water view is FANTASTIC

PLEASE PLAY Jones Beach AGAIN!!!
    '96 7 shows / '97 3 shows / '98 15 shows
    '00 12 shows / '03 4 shows / '06 6 shows
    '08 3 shows / '09 5 shows / '10 6 shows
  • Bathgate66 wrote:
    mauichick wrote:
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    Ugh - not down this path again.

Let us not forget that all of Brooklyn and Queens are on the Western end of The Island Of Great Length .

Jones Beach is horrible.
    Please Pearl Jam never play this Ampitheatre ever again .

I remember when the company name associated with this venue was miller genuine draft.
    There once was a time when you were able to pull out a blanket and go lay on the sand and hear the entire concert uniterputed or bothered.
    No more.,
    The venue has long lost the sense of intimacy it once had.
    They keep building up on top of it, ....
    getting larger and larger every summer.

It run by a bunch of knuckleheads,

Maybe ( hopefully ) pearl jam realizes most of all of this
    Even tho we are spoiled by The Priveledge of fan club allocation of tickets,
    not everyone is satisfied with this and has to resoprt to their own devices in acquiring tickets.

I tried sleeping out there in that tourstop of 3 nights ( 2000 ) ,
    but the state troopers turned us away at the front and said to return at sunrise .
    i pulled off the side of the loop parkway ( the circle around the needle ) and rested until just before sunrise.
    but by the time we drove up to the front, there were 6 cars inline and the sun hadnt fully risen yet.
    Youd think we woulda been in the top 10 online.

WRONG.

The scalpers had tents pitched and had obviously been alowed in when we were turned away overnight.

The folks immediately in front of us on the mystreriously extended long line
    admitted to us that they indeed werent fans ; they were in line for someone else.
    They later got a delivery from some shady slooking dudes with multiple cell phones and bags of donuts ;
    bagels and coffee for all of them .
    I shit you not, they all were securing all the max number of tickets at the box office than everyone waiting in line after them .

Bottom line, this place has been run in the past by some shady people somewhere along the lines, getting preferential advantageous perks that even the biggest diehard out there couldnt contend with.
    I was able to get what I was looking for, but these folks were clearly there for reselling purposes .

i still hope PJ doesnt play there ever again ,
    unless its a fanclub only show.

I'm sorry that hapened to you and it totally sucks but I LOVE LOVE JB and hope PJ returns..Most beautiful place to see a show and super fun to be able to hang out on the beach/board walk all day, tailgate and then see GREAT show open air by the water at night

COME BACK TO JONES BEACH PLEEAASSEE!!!

did you read my entire post ?

you CANNOT hang out on the beach, there is no boardwalk,
    you cant really relax and tailgate anymore,
    the air is nice but it kills the sound and any ambiance the place once had.
    It gets bigger and bigger every summer,
    AND the place is run by a bunch of absolute knuckleheads, equal to that guy that punched that girl in the face on MTV .

please PEARL JAM: STAY FAR FAR AWAY FROM JONES BEACH

yeah and i get yr point, times have changed and it used to be a cooler experience for you, to me it still is..if yr not into anymore, don't go
    i still tailgate fine, just put my drink in a cup (hassled much more in great woods then i've ever been at jb)
    agree on the building up each summer, but tkfully usually score good tix
    '96 7 shows / '97 3 shows / '98 15 shows
    '00 12 shows / '03 4 shows / '06 6 shows
    '08 3 shows / '09 5 shows / '10 6 shows
  • edvedder913edvedder913 Posts: 1,810
    UGH worst memory ever, breaking my leg in the parking lot, emergency surgery, missing my third row seats!!!!!
    Selfishly (sorry) I hope they never play there again......
    stick with MSG
  • FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    they can just play the studio @ Webster Hall.. ten c only... and then we will just forget the whole incident in long island ever happend :mrgreen: .. i personally love the song and was sad i didn't get to hear after a few crowds shitty reactions.
  • to all the JB haters...

i'm about to say something i read a lot of on this board...with my own little twist of course...

ehem...

if you don't like where PJ is playing, then don't buy tickets to the show...

besides, more 10c tickets for us :)

EDIT: and also, PJ could be playing in a fucking sump and i would still go to the concert, not bitch about the venue, and enjoy myself and the show...we're talking about be best band in the world...who cares if they play a venue you don't like...other people do like the venues you hate, so like i said, if you don't like the venue, don't go...simple as that