Ed's solo Porch...

Dreams Are TrashDreams Are Trash Posts: 67
edited July 2009 in Musicians and Gearheads
Could someone please help me out with how Eddie is playing the bridge in his solo versions... I can't figure out what he's playing.

Thanks!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    Could someone please help me out with how Eddie is playing the bridge in his solo versions... I can't figure out what he's playing.

Thanks!
    :D
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Could someone please help me out with how Eddie is playing the bridge in his solo versions... I can't figure out what he's playing.

Thanks!

????
  • savmansavman Posts: 230
    I just saw a clip from 06 with Ed just playing acoustic. I think its pretty much just the usual chord sequence of E, D, B, C played as barre chords using the A stirng fomation, with the D string open but palm muted the whole time.

tabbed a bit like this for the E chord

G
    D
    x
    A
    E
    x
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549

Thanks!

????
    its ed..come on,, :D
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Haha... I know, I know...

Thanks Savman!
  • Uncle NeilUncle Neil Posts: 176
    E x x x x
    A 7 5 2 3
    D 9 7 4 5
    G 9 7 4 5
    B
    e

You can play with or without the notes on the G string, and I believe he ends on x1012 before going back into the chorus.

Hope this helps.