Options

The Dead Weather (Jack White's new band)

13»

Comments

• Options
    Pepe SilviaPepe Silvia Posts: 3,758
    does anyone know anything about these?

TMR-005: The Dead Weather - "I Cut Like a Buffalo" single
    TMR-006: The Dead Weather- "I Cut Like a Buffalo" 12" single

i can't seem to find anything on them, are they only available at the store?
    don't compete; coexist

what are you but my reflection? who am i to judge or strike you down?

"I will promise you this, that if we have not gotten our troops out by the time I am president, it is the first thing I will do. I will get our troops home. We will bring an end to this war. You can take that to the bank." - Barack Obama

when you told me 'if you can't beat 'em, join 'em'
    i was thinkin 'death before dishonor'
  • Options
    release30release30 Posts: 2,051
    i just paid my 60$ three month subscription to third man records. Seeing the dead weather on the 21st Aug

I just paid my $60.............Wish I was going on the 21st :?
    Conversations getting dull
    There's a constant ringing in my ears
    Sense of humor's void and numb
    And I'm bored to tears.......
  • Options
    TiaMijaTiaMija Posts: 597
    for you who have seen them live, does Jack play 2nd guitar like he does on at least the b-side to hang you from the heavens? was there a drummer if he did?

Yes. Little Jack plays drums.
  • Options
    does anyone know anything about these?

TMR-005: The Dead Weather - "I Cut Like a Buffalo" single
    TMR-006: The Dead Weather- "I Cut Like a Buffalo" 12" single

i can't seem to find anything on them, are they only available at the store?

The 12" was positively a hand out only or a freebie with a TMR purchase from the website. Only select orders were lucky enough to get them. I think the same applies to the tri-color 7" because it hasn't even been released on black vinyl.
    7/28/1992 Lollapalooza Cincinnati, 9/22/1996 Toledo, 8/20/2000 Cincinnati, 6/24/2006 Cincinnati, 8/5/2007 Lollapalooza Chicago @ Grant Park, EV solo 8/21/2008 Chicago @ Auditorium Theater
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    The Dead Weather are the opening band for PJ at ACL 8-) hell yes!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    Haven't got the album as yet but have listened it through the stream a couple of weeks ago... Love the first single and video. Can;t wait to see them live & buy the album.
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • Options
    jambayleafjambayleaf Posts: 646
    Jack White owes me $13.99 for this pile. IMO very self indulgent, almost unlistenable. The instrumental is just awful in the middle. And I have pretty much loved everything he has done. Like that it's experimental, at least the idea, but the music is awful to my ear. My two cents.
    So now I'm drivin the bus- Kramer
    You're batman!- George
    Yeah...yeah...I AM batman!!- Kramer
  • Options
    keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    Holy shit. I've listened to this album 6 times since yesterday (I was away) and it's one of my favourite of the last 10 years.

Treat Me Like Your Mother rocks hard.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Options
    horehound is definitley the best new album and new band to come around in a while!

Check these stats out for its first week release:
    #1 alternative album
    #6 overall album
    #2 overall digital album
    #2 rock album

Great stuff! Check it out! I even got the platinum membership to the vault and the exclusive vinyl and streaming shows, videos etc, well worth it if your a fan.
    7/28/1992 Lollapalooza Cincinnati, 9/22/1996 Toledo, 8/20/2000 Cincinnati, 6/24/2006 Cincinnati, 8/5/2007 Lollapalooza Chicago @ Grant Park, EV solo 8/21/2008 Chicago @ Auditorium Theater
  • Options
    12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    mfc2006 wrote:

that is really cool.

I just Dl'd this album and like it. Some of the songs (last one especially) are just decent but some are reallllly cool.

Oh and Alison Mosshart's voice is so fucking hot... the things i would do to her (check out the conan performance)
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Options
    This album has a great vibe, wish I could of picked up the special Nashville edition, but had to settle for the etching. Saw the Kills a couple of times at festivals and was always luke warm. They seemed to have the right elements, but it just didn't come together for me. Alison has definitely gone to a new level with this band. Both Jack and the dude from queens, is it John Franti?, are phenomenal.

The gatefold picture in their album is hilarious.
  • Options
    YieldedYielded Posts: 839
    This album has a great vibe, wish I could of picked up the special Nashville edition, but had to settle for the etching. Saw the Kills a couple of times at festivals and was always luke warm. They seemed to have the right elements, but it just didn't come together for me. Alison has definitely gone to a new level with this band. Both Jack and the dude from queens, is it John Franti?, are phenomenal.

The gatefold picture in their album is hilarious.

Dean Fertita... Great musician.
    "We get these pills to swallow... how they stick in your throat... Tastes like gold..."
  • Options
    keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    So after the Raconteurs I said to myself 'There is no way Jack White could be more awesome'.

Then I heard the Dead Weather.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Options
    mavimavi Posts: 941
    I just Dl'd this album and like it. Some of the songs (last one especially) are just decent but some are reallllly cool.

I loved this song live, IMO it was one of the highlights of the night. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9BYY3sbzb4
    "He who hears music, feels his solitude peopled at once" R. Browning
  • Options
    patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    mfc2006 wrote:

I can't wait. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    HollermanHollerman Posts: 41
    May I suggest catching the Screaming Females to open. Better than the headliner IMO.
  • Options
    jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,181
    Does anyone know how to distinguish between the Horehound tri-color and black vinyl's when they are still sealed? The album itself looks the same, but I am curious what sets the two apart.
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • Options
    gusturtlegusturtle Posts: 440
    jambayleaf wrote:
    Jack White owes me $13.99 for this pile. IMO very self indulgent, almost unlistenable. The instrumental is just awful in the middle. And I have pretty much loved everything he has done. Like that it's experimental, at least the idea, but the music is awful to my ear. My two cents.

so if we don't like an album by any artist, we are entitled to a refund? interesting concept. good thing your comments are only worth $0.02. :roll:
  • Options
    poorgirl23poorgirl23 Posts: 194
    jervin007 wrote:
    Does anyone know how to distinguish between the Horehound tri-color and black vinyl's when they are still sealed? The album itself looks the same, but I am curious what sets the two apart.

I really don't think you can tell from the outside.

haha, wtf?>>> http://www.thirdmanrecords.com/news.html

everything on the site is backwards today.

Jack was in the dead weather chat room in the vault yesterday, on his borrowed "computer box." it was quite funny. :lol:
    Common sense is not so common.
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    Saw these guys for the first time yesterday @ Outside Lands Festival, great set ... a few shots I took ...

TDW-1.jpg

TDW-2.jpg

TDW-3.jpg

TDW-4.jpg

TDW-5.jpg

TDW-6.jpg
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    flyinwhole313flyinwhole313 Posts: 1,651
    :o IASF jealous...NICE pics...I should have seen them more than just NY...Now I am itching for more...
    jimed14 wrote:
    Saw these guys for the first time yesterday @ Outside Lands Festival, great set ... a few shots I took ...

TDW-1.jpg

TDW-2.jpg

TDW-3.jpg

TDW-4.jpg

TDW-5.jpg

TDW-6.jpg
  • Options
    Just off the subject for a minute, as anyone who signed up for the Vault received their goods yet? iIt's over a month since the cut off date but still no sign of my vinyl, T-shirt etc.

Got tickets for the UK tour in October, so looking forward to catching Jack and the band then!
  • Options
    Just off the subject for a minute, as anyone who signed up for the Vault received their goods yet? iIt's over a month since the cut off date but still no sign of my vinyl, T-shirt etc.

Got tickets for the UK tour in October, so looking forward to catching Jack and the band then!

I got mine today in ohio. Sweet
  • Options
    Pepe SilviaPepe Silvia Posts: 3,758

yes, some people got theirs saturday and at least 1 has today
    don't compete; coexist

what are you but my reflection? who am i to judge or strike you down?

"I will promise you this, that if we have not gotten our troops out by the time I am president, it is the first thing I will do. I will get our troops home. We will bring an end to this war. You can take that to the bank." - Barack Obama

when you told me 'if you can't beat 'em, join 'em'
    i was thinkin 'death before dishonor'