Options

The Duke Spirit

yokeyoke Posts: 1,440
edited September 2009 in Other Music
Just got back from a show at the Wonder Bar in Asbury Park NJ and I gotta say if you have the chance to see them get to it. The sound of the band is incredible, great guitars, drums and of course the singer is awesome. She has such a great tone and presence the energy coming from the stage is infectious.

I also have to note that I nerded out and got Lielas autograph at the show on a poster. Seriously, I had to she is smoking hot and can sing. That is like kryptonite to me.
Thats a lovely accent you have. New Jersey?

www.seanbrady.net
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    i am quite a fan of these guys. i am hoping they do more touring to my area now that i have heard of them.
    You can't spell "dumb" without DMB
  • Options
    wash_wash_ Posts: 1,073
    I LOVE THIS BAND!

I saw them open for REM at the Royal Albert Hall in London and then saw them at Reading Fest. Incredible. Amazing energy on stage.

Neptune is a brilliant album. Probably one of my top 3 this year.
    2006 ░▒▓ Astoria, Dublin, Leeds, Reading, Lisbon, Paris, Verona, Athens
    2007 ░▒▓ London, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009 ░▒▓ Manchester, London
    2010 ░▒▓ Hyde Park

*§* Music is all the juice i'll need *§*
  • Options
    pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    I saw them open for BRMC once and it was really cool.

PS.....Id throw it in the lead singer
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • Options
    I've only heard "The Step and the Walk" on the radio, but I have a copy of the album.

They're playing here in L.A. at the Roxy on Friday, 12/19. Tickets are only $16.50. Props to who started this thread, I might just have to go check them out now!
  • Options
    wash_wash_ Posts: 1,073
    TallGuyCM wrote:
    I've only heard "The Step and the Walk" on the radio, but I have a copy of the album.

They're playing here in L.A. at the Roxy on Friday, 12/19. Tickets are only $16.50. Props to who started this thread, I might just have to go check them out now!

Definitely go and see them if tickets are that cheap!!!!!!!!!!
    2006 ░▒▓ Astoria, Dublin, Leeds, Reading, Lisbon, Paris, Verona, Athens
    2007 ░▒▓ London, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009 ░▒▓ Manchester, London
    2010 ░▒▓ Hyde Park

*§* Music is all the juice i'll need *§*
  • Options
    I saw them open for Eagles of Death metal, they are really cool.... They also show up on the UNKLE war stories cd! Josh Homme has name droped them quite a bit as well!
    cook'em just to see the look on there face
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    I saw them open for BRMC once and it was really cool.

PS.....Id throw it in the lead singer

Leila Moss ... certainly has that "she's pretty good lookin', but as a singer, she's HOT" vibe going.

I liked the second album (Neptune), but stll think their first (Cuts Across the Land) was a bit better.

They are gret live ... fantastic band, should be getting more pub than they do.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    "neptune" is great...i didn't know that they had another record..thanks for the heads up!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    jimed14 wrote:
    Leila Moss ... certainly has that "she's pretty good lookin', but as a singer, she's HOT" vibe going.

I liked the second album (Neptune), but stll think their first (Cuts Across the Land) was a bit better.

They are gret live ... fantastic band, should be getting more pub than they do.

I wonder if female singers have male groupies......
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • Options
    yokeyoke Posts: 1,440
    They are going to be on Letterman tomorrow night(12/8/08). Should be good, I am assuming they will play Step and the Walk, not my favorite tune of thiers but I still like it.
    Thats a lovely accent you have. New Jersey?

www.seanbrady.net
  • Options
    dharma69dharma69 Posts: 1,285
    TallGuyCM wrote:

And The Roxy show is a headline show instead of an opening set for EoDM. Hope she wears those go-go boots.

Really good band and Leila's lovely and a tiny thing, too. Last time I saw her she was at Virgin Megastore in Hollywood for EoDM's album release show. Once she came out of her heels she looked about 5'3".
    "I'm here to see Pearl Jam."- Bono

...signed...the token black Pearl Jam fan.

FaceSpace
  • Options
    I just saw this band last week in Columbus Ohio, about 200 people at the show, they were really good live!
  • Options
    Just got back from the L.A. show at The Roxy in Hollywood...fantastic! They played for almost exactly an hour, which for most bands would be way too short but since many of their songs are near the 2:30 level it was fine.

Again, highly recommended!
  • Options
    I saw them here in SF last week ... not many people in the building when they went on stage, made for an eerie silence in between songs.

Still, they melted my face off with rock!

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    Here are some pics of their set at Outside Lands this past weekend ...

Duke-1.jpg

Duke-3.jpg

Duke-4.jpg

Duke-2.jpg