Options

PLEASE READ: If You Meet Ed...

cent208cent208 Posts: 435
edited July 2011 in Given To Fly (live)
I met Ed Saturday night after the Hartford show. I asked him why he has not released his solo show bootlegs and if he would consider it. He said "good question" and then said he has not released his solo shows b/c he was not "comfortable" with the quality of the performances when he first started touring but he said he is much more "comfortable" with the idea now. He also said all the shows are recorded. He was very receptive to the idea of releasing the shows and the last thing he said to me was "point well taken". I'm asking anyone who meets him before or after the show to politely let him know you are very much interested in seeing the solo shows released as bootlegs. The more people that request it, the more likely that he will release them. Thanks, I would love to see these shows released, they are absolutely amazing.
"The pain is temporary the pride is forever."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    PJForceofNaturePJForceofNature Posts: 3,087
    Thanks so much for mentioning the solo show bootlegs to Ed. I was just thinking about that the other day, and wishing I could get the Hartford show bootleg. If I am fortunate enough to meet Ed before or after the Philly show, I will definitely mention the solo bootlegs, and hopefully at some point they will be released. What an awesome thing to have to remember these fantastic shows! :D
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    Jason78Jason78 Posts: 400
    Post well taken. 8-)
  • Options
    bburpeebburpee Posts: 177
    Ed always seems like a thoughtful, interested, and introspective speaker. You kinda hang on every word, even if you might not agree with his conclusions.

He's like the Bill Clinton of rock stars. :D
    Is it too much to ask for a full-blown Temple of the Dog set? Probably.
  • Options
    bry321f11bry321f11 Posts: 326
    I always thought it had something to do with all the covers he played....I would buy every bootleg if released.
  • Options
    jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,181
    bry321f11 wrote:
    I always thought it had something to do with all the covers he played....I would buy every bootleg if released.

Really? Seems like most of the shows are pretty similar...give or take a few songs. I would probably just find out which shows had the best quality, hope they are the ones I attended, and buy a couple.

To each their own though!!
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,881
    very interesting. nice job. always good to bring up the topic of bootlegs so the band knows that we're interested (see my avatar).

thanks for posting this. i wont be meeting him but this is good info. hopefully he reconsiders.
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    JJ1105JJ1105 Posts: 6
    A couple years ago I found and was able to download every show from his first solo tour--with the exception of Milwaukee for some reason. They are clearly recorded from the soundboard or otherwise professionally recorded somehow, though not the level of quality we are used to with the officially released PJ bootlegs. As far as this tour, it is still way too early to find that kind of stuff, but eventually I'm sure!
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,881
    JJ1105 wrote:
    A couple years ago I found and was able to download every show from his first solo tour--with the exception of Milwaukee for some reason. They are clearly recorded from the soundboard or otherwise professionally recorded somehow, though not the level of quality we are used to with the officially released PJ bootlegs. As far as this tour, it is still way too early to find that kind of stuff, but eventually I'm sure!

unless you broke into the Vault, I promise you that they are not professionally recorded. there are VERY good audience recordings of the first leg of the solo tour, but they are not SBD.
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    AmherstJammerAmherstJammer Amherst, Massachusetts Posts: 1,510
    We need an official EV Hartford boot!!! :)
  • Options
    JJ1105JJ1105 Posts: 6
    JJ1105 wrote:

unless you broke into the Vault, I promise you that they are not professionally recorded. there are VERY good audience recordings of the first leg of the solo tour, but they are not SBD.

All of the shows are recorded exactly the same way and there is no annoying fan screaming, talking, none of that; which leads me to believe they were recorded by someone with some kind of access. Good enough for me!
  • Options
    JJ1105 wrote:

When I asked him if all the shows are recorded he specifically said. "I have them all, I listen to them at home and study them." Its great to know that after 20 years, he is his own critique and still strives to improve. I did see a big improvement since 09
  • Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    cent208 wrote:
    I met Ed Saturday night after the Hartford show. I asked him why he has not released his solo show bootlegs and if he would consider it. He said "good question" and then said he has not released his solo shows b/c he was not "comfortable" with the quality of the performances when he first started touring but he said he is much more "comfortable" with the idea now. He also said all the shows are recorded. He was very receptive to the idea of releasing the shows and the last thing he said to me was "point well taken". I'm asking anyone who meets him before or after the show to politely let him know you are very much interested in seeing the solo shows released as bootlegs. The more people that request it, the more likely that he will release them. Thanks, I would love to see these shows released, they are absolutely amazing.
    Nice! Thanks for posting this!
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    eldarion75eldarion75 Posts: 2,488
    Lotta work dubbing out the hollering idiots from every song and between every song..
  • Options
    Jon ChorbaJon Chorba Posts: 268
    cent208 wrote:
    JJ1105 wrote:

When I asked him if all the shows are recorded he specifically said. "I have them all, I listen to them at home and study them." Its great to know that after 20 years, he is his own critique and still strives to improve. I did see a big improvement since 09

That explains why he gets better with age! :)

If You Like Crunchy Guitar Riffs, Powerful Vocals, Melodic Guitar Solos, And Meaningful Lyrics..then you need to check out one of the most refreshing new hard rock bands in quite some time...-->The Liberty Underground<--
  • Options
    This would be amazing

I don't know when I'll be able to see Ed, hopefully (and realistically) next year with the band or solo, I'm dreaming of when I can see them live for the first time..
    Anyway, bootlegs of each show would be great. Each shows sounds magical on here and I know that loads of us would love to be able to hear them as well.

It's great that you managed to ask him about them and I liked his response, seems very possible I hope.
    Congrats on meeting him too :D
  • Options
    heartdesireheartdesire Posts: 430
    Yes, congrats on meeting Ed and thank you for the request! Been wondering the same.
    Hopefully we will be seeing Ed bootlegs ... soon!
    "i'm a dedicated insomniac" ~ ev nyc beacon 6/22
  • Options
    Wow...Ed needs to stop being so hard and critical of his performances. I was lucky enough to hear several EV bootlegs from his 2007 tour and they sounded pretty amazing. Especially, the recording of Arc at Berkeley Zellerbach Hall. I too thought that the EV bootlegs were not released because of the many covers throughout the sets. Hope to see all of them officially released through the ten club soon!
  • Options
    Wow...Ed needs to stop being so hard and critical of his performances. I was lucky enough to hear several EV bootlegs from his 2007 tour and they sounded pretty amazing. Especially, the recording of Arc at Berkeley Zellerbach Hall. I too thought that the EV bootlegs were not released because of the many covers throughout the sets. Hope to see all of them officially released through the ten club soon!

I thought his first tour was 08, not 07?
  • Options
    thefin190thefin190 Posts: 918
    I think if I ask him that by the time he gets here, he'll say "why are all these god damn people asking me about the fucking bootlegs? They will be released, alright?"
    Member Number: 437xxx

Pearl Jam:
    Key Arena - Seattle, WA - Sep 21, 2009
    Pacific Coliseum - Vancouver, BC - Sep 25, 2011
    Key Arena - Seattle, WA - Dec 6, 2013

Eddie Vedder Solo:
    Benaroya Hall - Seattle, WA - Jul 15, 2011
  • Options
    If I meet Ed...I see myself clearly turning into Mrs. Donovan form Peanuts..."wonh wonh, wonh wonh wonh wonh..." It will not be pretty but I will do my best...
  • Options
    Dirty FrankkDirty Frankk Posts: 4,274
    Since I never been to Ed solo show I would love to get his bootlegs.
    CAN'T KEEP CRAZY MARY IN MY TREE NO WAY NOT FOR YOU. ALL THOSE YESTERDAY JEREMY is ALONE, SAD with RATS & BUGS it's HARD TO IMAGINE a JEREMY a BETTER MAN.
    LIFE WASTED, BLOOD on the PORCH, LAST KISS is a WISHLIST DEEP DOWN NOTHING AS IT SEEMS WHY GO COME BACK ALIVE SPIN THE BLACK CIRCLE and SMILE.
  • Options
    thefin190 wrote:
    I think if I ask him that by the time he gets here, he'll say "why are all these god damn people asking me about the fucking bootlegs? They will be released, alright?"

I'm hoping that is what happens, like I said, he seemed very receptive to the idea. I'm seriously considering starting a online petition.
  • Options
    helplessdancerhelplessdancer Posts: 5,262
    bump
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,710
    This would be awesome. I'd also buy every one
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    eldarion75 wrote:
    Lotta work dubbing out the hollering idiots from every song and between every song..

This is probably another reason they don't get released!
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    Alpine BoundAlpine Bound Posts: 1,809
    I definitely love the EV boots that I do have, but it's annoying to hear someones conversation throughout the entire frickin show! Maybe the soundboard recorded shows won't have constant talking :?:

I would certainly buy a bunch of the shows, thats for sure!!! :D
  • Options
    arqarq Posts: 7,935
    This Idea becomes a reality it would empty my bank account...
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?