Options

So Depressed

FaezaMFaezaM Posts: 152
edited December 2013 in Given To Fly (live)
I think I just scammed out of $800 for Seattle tix. OMG...ppl really feed off of your desire and love for the band.

Sent my friend - who FLEW UP FROM SAN FRANCISCO today- met the dude "Steven Nazarian" even have a picture of him. Friend arrived back really happy.

The tickets are fake.

I'm so depressed. . . The money is one thing and it's rough because I was going to share the tickets with fellow fans but also, I really wanted to go to the show. Had my flight, my hotel and everything taken care of. I'm a single working mom and sole provider for my daughter. I can't spend any more and I can't stop crying. So depressed . . .

Here's his number: 206-355-7187
Don't buy anything from him.

(P.S. I know there are going to be ppl who want to just lay it on me...believe me I've done that already. I just need some cheering up)

EDIT: Here is my open letter to him (warning: I'm spiritual so God will be mentioned)

To "Steven Nazarian":

You, who called me over the weekend with an offer for 4 tickets to see Pearl Jam this Friday in Seattle, $800 is a lot of money; especially, considering you were talking to a single mother who is buying the tickets to share with fellow fans.

You encouraged me to send my friend up to Seattle from California on a flight early Monday morning and you met him there at the airport. You took my money and left me defrauded.

You sounded like such a nice guy over the phone. You said you worked at Macy's in downtown. You had a young daughter like I did. You said you and your girlfriend were going to be at the show in the same row. I even called you to offer you to keep some of the money but you didn't take my calls.

I will testify against you one day in a court that is higher than any on this earth.

"Beware of the supplication of the oppressed for there is no barrier between it and God"

"Woe to those that deal in fraud. . . Do they not think that they will be called to account on a mighty day when all mankind will stand before the Lord of the Worlds."

"The seller must explain to the buyer the defects, if any, in the quality of the article offered for sale. Should he not do this, the seller will PERMANENTLY be caught in the wrath of God." . . . and another narration states "he will always be cursed by the angels."

Don't be a liar, a cheat, AND a coward. I have offered you the opportunity to contact me to make this right; you can keep some of the money and earn my forgiveness the right way. The honest way with my blessing.
Shows:
Madison Square Garden, NYC, July 2003 (BEST Concert of ALL TIME)
Oracle Arena, Oakland, CA, November 2013 (2nd BEST Concert of ALL TIME)
***Milan, IT, June 2014****
***Trieste, IT, June 2014***
***Berlin, DE, June 2014***
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Horrific.
  • Options
    Why dont you find his next cl posting, text him from a different number, and put your fist through his mouth.
  • Options
    amw101282amw101282 Wisconsin Posts: 185
    so sad for you :(
    {Alpine Valley '03/United Center '06/Summerfest '06 (Both Nights!!)/Alpine Valley '11 (PJ20) (Both Nights!!)/Wrigley Field '13}

"a truant finds home, and a wish to hold on too, he saw the trapdoor in the sun, immortality" PLEASE SUPPORT CCFA!!!
  • Options
    mookieb10 wrote:
    Why dont you find his next cl posting, text him from a different number, and put your fist through his mouth.

I'm in Oakland. He's in Seattle. You're all welcome to join in though. . .
    Shows:
  • Options
    Given to...Given to... Wyoming Posts: 4,982
    I cannot figure out how people can hurt other people. Call me an idiot.
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • Options
    I feel for you. I lost $300 on a pair of fake Mumford and Sons tickets. Luckily the box office had tickets released the day of. I'm sure that'll happen with Seattle (I got many of my seats this tour day of at the venue box office). Sorry that happened to you.
  • Options
    I feel for you. I lost $300 on a pair of fake Mumford and Sons tickets. Luckily the box office had tickets released the day of. I'm sure that'll happen with Seattle (I got many of my seats this tour day of at the venue box office). Sorry that happened to you.

Sorry to hear about that!
    Shows:
  • Options
    How can you tell when tickets are fake?

I just bought one on Ebay and now I'm wondering...
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,892
    Circa77 wrote:

Yeah, I'd like to know how you determined that they are fake as well. Post a quality scan if you have one and maybe we can help out.

Circa...check the seller's feedback. If he is a scalper, he has probably sold tickets in the past and has other listings too.

Sucks that we have to go to these sources for tickets, but I understand the desperation.
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    Circa77 wrote:

Yeah, I'd like to know how you determined that they are fake as well. Post a quality scan if you have one and maybe we can help out.

Circa...check the seller's feedback. If he is a scalper, he has probably sold tickets in the past and has other listings too.

Sucks that we have to go to these sources for tickets, but I understand the desperation.

So, you sent a friend on a flight to pick up tickets in a completely other city? Something doesn't sound right here. You are obviously on a tight budget, why are you spending $200/ticket AND airfare to pick up the the tickets (then presumably, you'll have more travel arrangements to pay for, so on and so forth).

Maybe, this was your god's way of telling you you shouldn't be doing this.

I know. I'm a jerk. Not trying to lay into you. Just something doesn't sound right about the story.

But, whatever you do, do not scan and share with others!!! If they are real they can be stolen that way.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    So, you sent a friend on a flight to pick up tickets in a completely other city? Something doesn't sound right here.

Agreed. I've never heard of flying to go get tickets.
    But, whatever you do, do not scan and share with others!!! If they are real they can be stolen that way.

Yeah, I guess that's true. Maybe just post what made you decide these are fake, though the fact that the seller isn't responding is indicative of a scam.
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    Circa77 wrote:

I'm probably an expert now. You want to have a real ticket to compare with. Here's what you want to look for:

1. The stock, thickness, flexibility, and shiny surface. All the Pearl Jam tickets, that I've seen on this tour have a grey background. These tickets have the shiny surface but they feel slightly thicker and have a very light blue background. They are about a millimeter narrower than the real ones.

2. Real ticketmaster tickets are made with specialty paper that actually has a blue core. Try to peel apart the edge of a ticket and you should see blue inside. It will not separate into a front and back side When I started to test for this they started to peel apart, indicating that they are two separate pieces; they are white on the inside.

3. Along with number 2...If you hold the ticket up to the light it should glow blue. These ticket do not. In fact the blue background probably comes from it being a photocopy of an original.

4. Take a very close look at the background - ticketmaster should be crisp and the barcode should be extremely crisp. There is usually a vertical line at the end of the barcode.

5. The stock of a ticketmaster ticket is fed into the machine and the printing is heat inscribed. The printing and stock are smooth and level. You will not feel the printing above the surface of the ticket. On the fakes the barcode is raised ever so slightly above the surface of the stock. It also appears not as crisp as the heat inscribed barcode.

6. The perforations on the center right of the ticket will show blue on the inside. The perforation on the fakes is not as fine as the real ones and the paper looks white on the inside. This may be more clearly demonstrated using the perforation that appears along the advertisement that's located on the back of the ticket.

7. Looking at the back of the ticket: It is matte. It should NOT be shiny.

8. Advertisements: They should be extremely crisp and high quality. It should not be blurry at all. Advertisements will vary on the backs. You will probably not get two successive tickets with the same advertisement. All four tickets and the receipt have the same Blackberry advertisement

9. On the back: There is a serial number at the bottom left hand corner. The number should be different on each ticket and the font is a dot matrix.

10. On the back: There is a brown square. It is part of the original ticket stock and should not look like it's printed. If you look at it closely, it will feel matte and has micro lines running horizontally across it. The fake does not have the right texture and has a slight gloss from the ink

One more note: Fraudulent tickets may be real ticketmaster tickets that have been reported lost or stolen. So the stock is original but you will not be allowed to enter the venue. Anyone can order replacement tickets by reporting them lost of stolen. You need the original order number, full name, address and last 4 numbers of the CC used to order the ticket. If you don't have the order number, you need all 16 digits of the CC used to purchase the tickets. A person can sell you the original tickets and order themselves replacements.
    Shows:
  • Options
    This OP was trying to sell me two of the tix he thought he was getting for $300.00 each. This was before he got faked out I guess... or at least hope. Now you say they were actually $200.00. U suck as well! Trying to make $200 off of me. :nono:
    4-19-92 DALLAS, 11-11-93 DENTON
    11-12-93 DALLAS, 9-16-95 AUSTIN
    7-5-98 DALLAS, 10-17-00 DALLAS
    4-3-03 OKLAHOMA CITY, 6-9-03 DALLAS
    10-4-09 AUSTIN, KANSAS CITY 2010, EAST TROY, WI. 2011.
    6-20-09 MEMPHIS (Ed solo)
    LOS ANGELES JULY 2011 (Ed solo)
    SANTA BARBARA JULY 2011 (Ed solo)
  • Options
    So, you sent a friend on a flight to pick up tickets in a completely other city? Something doesn't sound right here. You are obviously on a tight budget, why are you spending $200/ticket AND airfare to pick up the the tickets (then presumably, you'll have more travel arrangements to pay for, so on and so forth).

It's ok. I understand. I should've specified. I work for an airline. Taking a flight is like hopping on the bus but for free.
    Maybe, this was your god's way of telling you you shouldn't be doing this.
    Yeah. . .I kinda came to that conclusion today. I was focusing a lot of energy on being at the concert.
    Shows:
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    This OP was trying to sell me two of the tix he thought he was getting for $300.00 each. This was before he got faked out I guess... or at least hope. Now you say they were actually $200.00. U suck as well! Trying to make $200 off of me. :nono:

Yo Man! I told you I may have two extra tickets. I would find out tomorrow... That was what "Steven" quoted me on Sunday. He ended up selling them for $200 a piece. :cry: That's just messed up.
    Post edited by FaezaM on
    Shows:
  • Options
    FaezaM wrote:
    Circa77 wrote:

I'm probably an expert now. You want to have a real ticket to compare with. Here's what you want to look for:

1. The stock, thickness, flexibility, and shiny surface. All the Pearl Jam tickets, that I've seen on this tour have a grey background. These tickets have the shiny surface but they feel slightly thicker and have a very light blue background. They are about a millimeter narrower than the real ones.

2. Real ticketmaster tickets are made with specialty paper that actually has a blue core.

Hartford tickets looked fake. Now, they were issued by the XL Center, not TM, but I would verify that they are in fact fake before you're quick to declare them as such.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    PJ51390PJ51390 Atlanta Posts: 728

Whoa!! WHAT?!?!? :corn: :corn:
  • Options
    PJ51390 wrote:

hang on hang on, let's not jump to conclusions. it's possible that they were listed for $300 and negotiated down to $200.

this is taking an ugly turn.
  • Options
    PJ51390 wrote:

hang on hang on, let's not jump to conclusions. it's possible that they were listed for $300 and negotiated down to $200.

this is taking an ugly turn.

Thanks for the support. :cry:
    This sucks.

On Sunday:

I had posted that I may have 2 extra tickets and I told ppl what I was paying for them....(or I thought I was paying for them). In then end I NEVER made a deal with anyone to sell them. I said I would let everyone know when I got them in hand. Not my style to gouge fellow fans. Not my style to sell fake tickets.
    Shows:
  • Options
    FaezaM wrote:
    Thanks for the support. :cry:
    This sucks.

I get it. you probably thought you were getting a decent deal and could help others looking for tickets on here.

In the future, dont pay cash (I assume your friend paid cash). Use PayPal as it provides some protection at least.

The real enemy here is the ticketing system.
  • Options

The real enemy here is the ticketing system.

So true.
    Shows:
  • Options
    The real enemy here is actually the fucker selling fake tickets, kids. Don't let that motherfucker off the hook. I know what ye are saying that the system sucks, as it allows this to happen, but shit, that fucker sold some poor fan fake tix. That prick is the problem, in this instance.
    My Pearl Jam shows: 1 in 1995, 2 in 1998, 20 in 2003, 13 in 2006, 3 in 2007, 8 in 2008, 5 in 2009, 4 in 2010, 5 in 2012. EV: 8 in 2011, 1 in 2012. Brad: 1 in 1998, 1 in 2002.
  • Options
    deconstructiondeconstruction Franklin, NH Posts: 31
    Hey, I wanted to say I'm so sorry for you...if you can try to have faith that something good will come out of all this. This is my understanding of how God works. My experience has been that it always doesn't happen on my time but his. I would encourage you not to give up...contact the 10 club ticket info. dept. see if there is anything you can do (maybe barter some time or energy). There is a lot of positive energy surrounding this band and this tour in particular. Above all believe that there are still good people out there. Best of luck.
  • Options
    The real enemy here is actually the fucker selling fake tickets, kids. Don't let that motherfucker off the hook. I know what ye are saying that the system sucks, as it allows this to happen, but shit, that fucker sold some poor fan fake tix. That prick is the problem, in this instance.

I agree, but if the buyer paid cash, he got away with it and their isn't much that can be done. it just sucks that fans have to take such desperate measures to see the bands they love because resellers get all the tickets.
  • Options
    mookieb10 wrote:

I did this once when my fiance was scammed out of Bears tickets. We didnt put a fist through his mouth, but called the cops to be there for our "sting". The guy came and we had him arrested, got our money back and he got probation for a year.

Use peoples' fatal flaw.... GREED against them. Obviously you have to act quick before the concert, and many cops wont care, just call different precincts until you find someone who cares. Be careful and be smart people!
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,066
    http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/tix/4225061333.html

found this on CL...someone is calling him out for fake Seahawk tix. Apparently they reported him to the police. You should do the same.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    Hey, I wanted to say I'm so sorry for you...if you can try to have faith that something good will come out of all this. This is my understanding of how God works. My experience has been that it always doesn't happen on my time but his.

:eh:
    did you see me? i saw you.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,458
    +1
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options

found this on CL...someone is calling him out for fake Seahawk tix. Apparently they reported him to the police. You should do the same.

Wow. Good find.
  • Options
    edited December 2013

Thank you so much! Contacted the victim.

Have also contacted Sea-Tac police. Filing the report. I have a lot of info on the guy. The picture alone should help.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/wan/4233535601.html
    Post edited by FaezaM on
    Shows: