Options

*** Ed Tour - Adelaide Fanviews Here 03/28/11 ***

KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,776
edited March 2011 in Given To Fly (live)
Eddie Vedder
Thebarton Theatre Show 2
Adelaide, AU
March 28, 2011

01. Sometimes
02. Trouble-(Cat Stevens)
03. Dead Man
04. Betterman
05. Millworker-(James Taylor)
06. Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town
07. No Ceiling
08. Society-(Jerry Hannan)
(plays 4 seconds of "Iron Man"-by Black Sabbath)
09. Sleeping By Myself (new song)
10. Light Today (new song)
11. Soon Forget
12. Far Behind
13. Guaranteed
14. Rise
15. Blackbird-(Lennon, McCartney)
16. You've Got To Hide Your Love Away-(Lennon, McCartney)
17. Lukin
18. Porch

Encore Break 1
19. You Can Close Your Eyes w/ EJ Barnes-(James Taylor)
20. The Golden State w/ EJ Barnes-(John Doe)
21. Picture In A Frame-(Kathleen Brennan/Tom Waits)
22. Wishlist
23. No More (dedicated to Tomas Young)
24. Arc

Encore Break 2
25. Crazy Mary-(Victoria Williams)
(plays 7 seconds of "Stuff And Nonsense"-Split Enz-(Tim Finn)
26. I Got You-(Tim Finn/Neil Finn){Split Enz}
27. Hard Sun w/ EJ Barnes & Cecilia Herbert and multiple guests-(Gordon Peterson)

Please share your experiences of the show here...the Fanview threads are preserved on the board.

Please keep the Fanview threads for Fanviews. It's ok to begin another thread on discussions of other topics and/or debates.

Thank you! :)
Falling down,...not staying down
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Seb77Seb77 Amsterdam Posts: 78
    Those Ed concerts look great - COME TO EUROPE EDDIE!
    Nijmegen 2007 Rotterdam 2009 Philadelphia 4 2009 Nijmegen 2010 Berlin 2010 Amsterdam 1&2 2012 Arras 2012 Amsterdam 1&2 2014
    Amsterdam 1&2 Pinkpop Berlin 2018
  • Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    How was Blackbird?????
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    skyeriverwinterskyeriverwinter Posts: 1,894
    edited June 2011
    Post edited by skyeriverwinter on
  • Options
    geckogecko Posts: 1,712
    Light Today - was it first time performed?
    I see, peeps got I Got You.
  • Options
    aus_suzaus_suz Posts: 9,364
    Blackbird and Hide your love away.... :(
  • Options
    No list of song titles could do this show justice.
  • Options
    nothing_man_92nothing_man_92 Canberra, Australia Posts: 344
    So ends my Eddie shows =[ I miss you alreddie!!!
  • Options
    aus_suzaus_suz Posts: 9,364
    Adelaide the place to be both nights...
  • Options
    ooba Foxooba Fox Posts: 39
    The beatles songs were excellent, No more was my favourite for tonight.
    Thanks to Eddie for telling all the loud dickheads to 'shut the fuck up".
    Oh yeah and the fat chick in row J around number 35, it wasn't a fucking pub, so could you stop getting up all night to go and get beer for you and your pisshead boyfriend.

Back to the show, The slow version of Betterman was fun and the extremely fast version of Lukin and straight into Porch was a highlight. First time I'd seen Millworker played and it blew me away.
    Some guy got his wishlist played and crazy mary with the bottle of red reminded me of 2003.
    Ed talked about the March in 2003 which he always remembers when he comes here, that's so cool because he loves Adelaide.
    My wife got her Small town for the second night in a row and she was stoked it went straight into no ceiling which she loves.
    The sound at the Thebby is unreal and Rise, my favourite of into the wild, just blew me away again tonight.

All in all an awesome night don't know which night was better all I can say is I loved them both.
    Thanks Eddie see you with Pearl Jam soon I hope.
    Perth 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Melbourne 13 Nov 2006
    Adelaide 21 Nov 2006
    Adelaide 22 Nov 2006
    Adelaide 2009
    EV Adelaide 27 Mar 2011
    EV Adelaide 28 Mar 2011

'Always amongst the waves'
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,458
    Blackbird :o ..and 4 sec iron man 8-)
    thanks Kat :)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Blackbird :o ..and 4 sec iron man 8-)
    thanks Kat :)
    I know! I hope he plays Blackbird in Hartford.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    illegal pantsillegal pants Posts: 13,471
    dead man - so pumped this was played again in Oz, just sounded incroyable in Thebby
    no ceiling - Ed forgot the first line and asked the crowd for aaages but everyone kept calling out the second verse starter like he had done accidentally when he played at first haha!
    light today - this was stunning, crowd was quiet and appreciated it from start to end
    blackbird - YES IT WAS THAT GOOD :)
    YGTHYLA - sigh
    Picture In A Frame - dedicated to Jennifer :) (iwanttotakeaportraitofeddievedder.com)
    no more and arc - again, the sound of his voice surrounding the thebby was just amazing
    i got you - Ed deliberated, teasing the crowd saying it was meant for piano, haha, so fun
    hard sun - some lucky bastards in labcoats got to go backstage then sneak on for this number, nice

i do like the poster :) shame they were thrown around on the truck and all have a nick in the corner!

i met Mark Richards and he was looovely :) he signed my jacket and was nervous about ruining it with a picture, but he drew a stickman surfing :lol:

my last show... hometown was all that and everything - ended with a bang

much love to Rob, Tanya, Tom, Woz, Dean & Tash, i will never forget tonight :!:
    wah
  • Options
    A_L_L_IA_L_L_I Posts: 49
    Third and last show of the tour for me... and im in absolutely awe. Arc was INCREDIBLE, so so glad that i got to see him perform it. wow.
  • Options
    Miss ColadaMiss Colada Posts: 167
    4th and final show for me and each night has been a truly remarkable experience. I need to get to bed but wanted to say thanks to Ed for taking the time to shake every outreached hand that stood in line after the gig. He was obviously tired but so graciously 'walked the line' and interacted which each individual. Thank you so very much. :D:D:D
    I got you - incredible! Too many highlights, write more another day.
    We miss you already :(
    1995 • 2006 • 2009 • Adelaide
    2007 • Wembley - London
    2009 • Melbourne
    2010 • Madison Square Garden
  • Options
    mauichickmauichick Posts: 964
    Stella Bella!!!!! <3<3<3

dead man - so pumped this was played again in Oz, just sounded incroyable in Thebby
    no ceiling - Ed forgot the first line and asked the crowd for aaages but everyone kept calling out the second verse starter like he had done accidentally when he played at first haha!
    light today - this was stunning, crowd was quiet and appreciated it from start to end
    YGTHYLA - sigh
    Picture In A Frame - dedicated to Jennifer :) (iwanttotakeaportraitofeddievedder.com)
    no more and arc - again, the sound of his voice surrounding the thebby was just amazing
    i got you - Ed deliberated, teasing the crowd saying it was meant for piano, haha, so fun
    hard sun - some lucky bastards in labcoats got to go backstage then sneak on for this number, nice

i do like the poster :) shame they were thrown around on the truck and all have a nick in the corner!

i met Mark Richards and he was looovely :) he signed my jacket and was nervous about ruining it with a picture, but he drew a stickman surfing :lol:

'96 7 shows / '97 3 shows / '98 15 shows
    '00 12 shows / '03 4 shows / '06 6 shows
    '08 3 shows / '09 5 shows / '10 6 shows
  • Options
    Lukin4Lukin4 Posts: 24
    Priceless!!!!! :shock:
  • Options
    missislesmissisles Posts: 539
    Holy shitballs

Just amazing

Bring on Perth!!! So excited
    makes much more sense to live in the present tense
  • Options
    tremorstremors Posts: 8,051
    Looks and sounds like a really special show to me :thumbup:
    Cancel my subscription to the Ressurection
    Send my credentials to the house of detention

lettherecordsplay1x.gif?t=1377796878
  • Options
    vital5vital5 Posts: 5,486
    YGTHYLA - sigh

Boo-urns!
    Looks like a good set to me!
    Did some of the crowd leave their Eddie-quette at the door again? :o
    Beatles, Split Enz and Eddie... Nice!
  • Options
    ejh76ejh76 Posts: 133
    No bloody way! He played Blackbird? I'm devestated.
    I watched Ed sing that on you tube a few weeks ago, it affected me so much.
    Couldn't get on with my day after that.
    Never imagined he would sing it in Aus.
    Google it. Man as soon as I get to work I'm watching it again.
    Will screw up my day but what the hell!
    Ed see you in Perth
    X
  • Options
    cogcog Posts: 14
    Both Adelaide Shows were FKG AMAZING

Tonight ARC was just phenomenal...It stirs emotions inside that you never thought you had...

BLACKBIRD: Ed asked everyone to chirp in with their 'bird calls' at the 'appropriate moment in the song' to turn 'Thebarton Theatre into Thebarton Aviary'.....special
  • Options
    HinnHinn Posts: 1,517
    The remaining 4 folks of the Brisbane Apartment of Anarchy crew must feel left out, haha, this makes it 6 out of 10 to have jumped on stage at some point
    115 bucks for half a haircut by a novice? I want my money back!
  • Options
    ItsOKayeItsOKaye Posts: 191
    Did he dedicate Millworker to anyone????

I wanted to hear that so much in Melbourne....
    Im so happy with my righteous self..
  • Options
    SmoshladSmoshlad Posts: 9
    Yeah night 2 i did not get 10c tickets but just pot luck i was in row t but was row c the night before and it was still awsome(besides the 2 fat moles in front playing on facebook and chatting) they got told a few time by all the people around. Was once again a little pissed off with all the yelling requests. Dip shits he has a set list let the man play.

any way second night setlits was something to see from pearl jam covers of sometimes,deadman,lukin, porch, wishlist and an awsome version of betterman. once again played most of into the wild and then covers from I got you (split enz),Blackbird (beatles), Hide ya love away (beatles)

great night hopefully PJ come back soon????
  • Options
    mauichickmauichick Posts: 964
    Nah, there was enough <3 spread around! Would love a play by play though :)...sux to be a hemisphere away now
    Hinn wrote:
    The remaining 4 folks of the Brisbane Apartment of Anarchy crew must feel left out, haha, this makes it 6 out of 10 to have jumped on stage at some point
    '96 7 shows / '97 3 shows / '98 15 shows
    '00 12 shows / '03 4 shows / '06 6 shows
    '08 3 shows / '09 5 shows / '10 6 shows
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Totally overlooked this line of your review!

When I first read the review I was on my way to work half asleep....

Maybe it was my text saying for you to "Enjoy your Radelaide shows!!" haha (you did indeed have a good show)
    also my Facebook status of Roberto getting on stage was a bit premature but also correct :D... (although I meant in Newie haha)

Good stuff! (oh and now I don't feel so bad ;) )

I did wonder why Eddie had the words to Hard Sun up there, but in Sydney I realised why, when I saw him use them :lol: Lucky you didn't take those :D
    Post edited by vital5 on
  • Options
    mauichick wrote:
    Nah, there was enough <3 spread around! Would love a play by play though :)...sux to be a hemisphere away now
    Hinn wrote:
    :cry::lol:
  • Options
    Lukin4Lukin4 Posts: 24
    mauichick wrote:
    Hinn wrote:

Will be home tonight... will give you the full review then lovely
    ;) xo
  • Options
    bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,090
    Really nice. So jealous. I knew I should've gone to Adelaide as well! ;)
  • Options
    dixydixy Posts: 21
    2 amazing nights well worth travelling from dublin man's just a GENIUS . Off to brisbane now to relax for 2 weeks :mrgreen:
    Love is control
    I'll die if i let go!