Options

Best Buy DE without code

wmacsonwmacson Posts: 230
edited March 2009 in The Porch
Hi...I just went down to Best Buy and bought the DE edition specifically to get the code for the 3 extra rock band tracks and to my surprise, there is no code. Am I missing something or did it just not come with my edition? I'm a little ticked because I also bought the SDE version from the 10 Club. I'll just give this to someone else, but come on!

If anyone wants it and has a code, i'll trade you!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,919
    don't think the codes are inside the boxe's, at bestbuy. you must ask for the card (with the code) or were to be given the card at the cashier to receive the rock band codes.
  • Options
    mattmidgettmattmidgett Posts: 128
    Mine came with a little card. It is black on one side and the other has the download info. Mine was with the photo credits card that was also included in the package. I'd suggest just flipping through the cd again and maybe checking to make sure they aren't wedged in the box somehow, since mine managed to get themselves stuck at one point as well.
  • Options
    wmacsonwmacson Posts: 230
    Hey...thanks for the reply. Both of you. I got the photos credit one. It was hanging loosely on one of the pages but unfortunately nothing else. I've looked twice. Ahhhhhhhh!
  • Options
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp ... ory&ks=960

it says while supplies last. maybe they sold out of all the ones with the codes? i know i got the last sde in the best buy closest to me.
    If nothing is everything, I'll have it all
  • Options
    OGT92OGT92 Posts: 1,588
    Does it have a sticker on the front saying there is a Best Buy exclusive inside? I had pre-ordered it but it was on back order. I e-mailed BB and they said it would come with the code, but I don't want to open the package if it doesn't have the code. Usually there is a sticker on the package saying there is exclusive content. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.
    "I read about the evils of drinking, so I gave up reading." - Henry Youngman
  • Options
    I went to Best Buy late this afternoon. They had only the Legacy in the Pearl Jam section. Then went over to the box sets and they had 1 Super Deluxe that had the sticker on the front of it saying the code was inside. But since I bought it from Ten Club I didn't want another one. Then I had the guy go in back and look for the Deluxe version for me and he came out with 5 since there were none on the floor and none of them had the sticker about the Rock Band code so I passed.

It was a initial shipment limit number of copies. Its more then likely each of the 3 songs will be released at a later date for XBL and PSN for around 2 bucks a song.
    1998- MSG 1
    2003- MSG 1 & 2
    2006- Irving Plaza, Albany, NJ 1 & 2
    2008- MSG 1 & 2
    2008- EV NYC 2
    2010- Hartford
    2016- MSG 2
  • Options
    benJAMinbenJAMin Posts: 257
    I had the same problem. I called Best Buy's service hotline, and the guy told me that many had shipped without the code, and that they'd be contacting me in a week or so telling me how to get the code.

Sounds like a bunch of BS to me, but I'll be plenty persistant one way or another ;)
    the palms, in the breeze, still blow green
    and the waves in the sea still absolute blue
  • Options
    i bought my shit at best buy (delux) and the code is inside when you open it up there will be a couple pieces of paper and one of them has the code on it..you have to go to www.rockband.com/pjoffer then enter the info & code and then 2 seconds later they email you the download code to use on xbox live.

if you open it and there is no slip of paper then you need to call best buy and straighten that shit out!