Options

Banana Bread recipe from DEEP

SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,350
edited December 2008 in The Porch
can somebody send it to me? I'm snowed in at my mom's house
"Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
-my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    im currently at my girlfriend's house but in a couple hours i could give it to you...how fast do you need it?
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    Banana bread from Deep Issue #1:

1 egg
    3/4 c. sugar
    1/4 c. butter
    3 bananas, mashed fine
    1 tsp. vanilla
    1 1/2 c. flour
    1 tsp. baking soda
    1/4 tsp. salt

Beat egg in bowl; add sugar and butter. Cream mixture together; add mashed bananas and vanilla. Mix all together. Sift flour, soda and salt; add to banana mixture and stir until well blended. Turn into 6 x 10 in. loaf pan. Bake at 325 to 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,350
    wolfbear wrote:

1 egg
    3/4 c. sugar
    1/4 c. butter
    3 bananas, mashed fine
    1 tsp. vanilla
    1 1/2 c. flour
    1 tsp. baking soda
    1/4 tsp. salt

Beat egg in bowl; add sugar and butter. Cream mixture together; add mashed bananas and vanilla. Mix all together. Sift flour, soda and salt; add to banana mixture and stir until well blended. Turn into 6 x 10 in. loaf pan. Bake at 325 to 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes. :)

THANK YOU! You're a life saver! I needed it for a christmas party tomorrow.

thanks to yellowporch as well
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    wolfbear wrote:

1 egg
    3/4 c. sugar
    1/4 c. butter
    3 bananas, mashed fine
    1 tsp. vanilla
    1 1/2 c. flour
    1 tsp. baking soda
    1/4 tsp. salt

You're welcome! Hope it turns out great. I've haven't tried it but I've read it's quite good. :)

THANK YOU! You're a life saver! I needed it for a christmas party tomorrow.

thanks to yellowporch as well
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    wolfbear wrote:

1 egg
    3/4 c. sugar
    1/4 c. butter
    3 bananas, mashed fine
    1 tsp. vanilla
    1 1/2 c. flour
    1 tsp. baking soda
    1/4 tsp. salt

Thanks much! I lost the recipe and that is some top of the line banana bread!
  • Options
    This is the bomb. I make it every other month or so and I have for a couple of years. One tip:
    DON'T OVERMIX!
    It makes the bread turn out really 'dense'. Just gently mix the ingredients long enough to combine them, then stop messing with it.
    When I mix the hell out of it, it comes out like a brick. When I take it easy, it comes out WAAAAY better.

Good luck!
  • Options
    np ;] hopefully mom approves!
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,934
    gonna make this this weekend!
    can't wait! :)