Options

~Wishlist Calgary Pre Party~

genevievegenevieve Posts: 1,203
edited December 2013 in The Porch
Hello everyone!

My computer had been on an extended hiatus and its working again. So I apologize for the delay in getting this thread started! I'm exited to be getting it up now and look forward to hearing from everyone and getting the ball rolling for anyone that is not on the Facebook Pre Party page as of yet. You can find the Facebook page here: https://www.facebook.com/events/159739614210442/

The venue is going to be Palomino on 109-7th Ave SW in Calgary. You can check out their website here: http://www.thepalomino.ca/

The charity of choice is AARCS. It is a local no kill animal rescue org. Calgary and the surrounding areas have been greatly affected by flooding this year and when disaster strikes the humans it also strikes the pets and animals that live with those humans. You can check out their website here: http://aarcs.ca/

Please let me know if you have any questions at all. I cant wait to see you all there. I'm pretty used to throwing some awesome parties and know this is gonna be another great one to add to the record books!

Organizers:
Genevieve Olivier, Jennifer Pauley, Jay Englot

Email:
<!-- e --><a href="mailto:calgary@wishlistfoundation.org">calgary@wishlistfoundation.org</a><!-- e -->

TO DONATE
If you have official t-shirts, posters, stickers or any other cool Pearl Jam or side project merchandise memorabilia, music/pop culture related items, gift cards, original art or anything else you would like to donate to a preparty fundraiser, please send an email to <!-- e --><a href="mailto:calgary@wishlistfoundation.org">calgary@wishlistfoundation.org</a><!-- e -->. So we can promote your item in advance and provide you with a tax receipt, please include the following info in your email:

Full Name:
Address:
Email Address:
Phone:
Donated item(s):
City/Fundraiser for donation:
Are you shipping beforehand or bringing it day of?

No bootlegs or items that violate any trademark or copyrights, please.

TO VOLUNTEER
We are always in need of volunteers to help run the fundraisers – no experience necessary! It’s a great way to directly meet new Pearl Jam fans and help out worthy organizations. If you’re interested in becoming a volunteer, please send an email to volunteer(at)wishlistfoundation.org and include your full name, email address, phone and what fundraisers you are interested in volunteering at. All volunteers are required to read and sign off on our Guide to Organizing.
the person below me smells like cat pee and raisins...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Bump so people can see this! :)
  • Options
    Bump. Looking for donations everyone! Let me know if you have anything.
  • Options
    ThePedroThePedro Posts: 330
    Is the preparty all ages? Would like to bring my 14 year old daughter with me.
    "Is it just me or is common sense not that common anymore"
  • Options
    Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    ThePedro wrote:
    And my 11 year old son.. :mrgreen:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    ThePedro wrote:

I really doubt kids are allowed in The Palimino.
  • Options
    I will look into if minor children can come to the venue and let you know.
  • Options
    dignin wrote:
    ThePedro wrote:

I really doubt kids are allowed in The Palimino.

Hey so I spoke to the manager. A couple kids are OK. Where we get into issues is when people are letting kids have a sip of beer and stuff like that. If they are accompanied by parents and being watched and not close to 18 years old then everything is ok. Otherwise we are asking that everyone who looks under 30yrs of age please make sure that you have ID to prove your age or you will not be admitted to the party. Lets keep this all Kosher guys. You've never let me down before.
  • Options
    Until 6pm for the kiddlets. After 6pm No Minors.

Thanks guys!
  • Options
    JawsJaws Canada Posts: 54
    Hey there. ;)
    I am an Epicure rep. If you'd like I could bring a basket of stuff. I don't have much PJ stuff that'd I want to part with but I could find some stickers or something to add.
    :D
    Let me know if you’re interested and I can bring it down with me when I come on the 2nd.
    Or should I send an email to <!-- e --><a href="mailto:calgary@wishlistfoundation.org">calgary@wishlistfoundation.org</a><!-- e -->
  • Options
    Jaws wrote:
    Hey there. ;)
    I am an Epicure rep. If you'd like I could bring a basket of stuff. I don't have much PJ stuff that'd I want to part with but I could find some stickers or something to add.
    :D
    Let me know if you’re interested and I can bring it down with me when I come on the 2nd.
    Or should I send an email to <!-- e --><a href="mailto:calgary@wishlistfoundation.org">calgary@wishlistfoundation.org</a><!-- e -->

That would be great! Every little bit helps! And Epicure is do dang yummy!
  • Options
    Bump! Only ONE WEEK till the party and concert! Lets hope the weather is good!
  • Options
    evsgjammevsgjamm Posts: 2,103
    Bringin a gang down to the Palomino - may even end up there post-show to have some good ole tinnitus talk. :lol: THE WAITING DROVE ME MAD!!!
    Vancouver '03, Paramount Theatre '05, Saskatoon '05, Calgary '05, Edmonton '05, Saskatoon '11, Calgary '11, Calgary '13

2010 WATCH IT GO TO FIRE!!
  • Options
    evsgjamm wrote:
    Bringin a gang down to the Palomino - may even end up there post-show to have some good ole tinnitus talk. :lol: THE WAITING DROVE ME MAD!!!

We are welcome there the night before the show too! So if people are heading in from out of town and want somewhere to meet up head over to the Palomino!
  • Options
    Bump!
  • Options
    uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959
    I'm in town for a few days prior to the show, visiting a friend that lives in Calgary. If we're looking for something to do, the Palamino sounds like a good idea. Obviously I'm in for the pre-party before the show. I had a good time at the last one in Calgary.
  • Options
    Bump!
  • Options
    HussaHussa Posts: 111
    Bump bump!!! Getting so antsy, despite cold snowy weather hitting. PJ gonna slay the Saddledome AGAIN!!
    Sept. 4, 2005 - Calgary Saddledome
    Sept. 21, 2011 - Calgary Saddledome
    Dec. 2, 2013 - "THE BLIZZARD SHOW" -Calgary Saddledome
  • Options
    squidsquid Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere Posts: 86
    We are next...lets have a good one!
  • Options
    What time is this starting?
  • Options
    squidsquid Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere Posts: 86
    3pm I believe
    DukeSpirit wrote:
    What time is this starting?
  • Options
    RyanRyan Posts: 1,018
    I ended up getting tickets through Global Citizen and will be using those instead. 10C # is approx 200xxx so they should be decent seats. Looking for face value, $166 USD if I'm not mistaken.
    2003 - June 15 Fargo
    2005 - Sept 1 George, Sept 8 Winnipeg
    2006 - May 9/10 Toronto, June 26/27 St. Paul, July 22/23 George, Oct 21/22 Mountain View
    2007 - Aug 2/5 Chicago
    2008 - June 22 Washington, June 24/25 New York
    2009 - Aug 21 Toronto, Aug 23/24 Chicago, Sept 21/22 Seattle, Oct 27/28/30/31 Philadelphia
    2010 - May 15 Hartford, May 17 Boston, Oct 23/24 Mountain View
    2011 - Sept 3/4 Alpine Valley, Sept 11/12 Toronto, Sept 17 Winnipeg, Sept 19 Saskatoon
    2012 - Sept 30 Missoula
    2013 - July 16 London, July 19 Chicago, Oct 12 Buffalo, Dec 2 Calgary, Dec 4 Vancouver, Dec 6 Seattle
    2014 - Oct 16 Detroit, Oct 19 St. Paul, Oct 20 Milwaukee
    2015 - Sept 23 (Colbert)/Sept 26, New York
    2016 - Apr 28/29 Philadelphia, May 10/12 Toronto, Aug 20/22 Chicago
  • Options
    As I sit in the Edmonton Airport waiting for my delayed flight I just want to say I hope everyone travelling has safe travels tonight and tomorrow. Take it slow and all should be fine. Can't wait for tomorrow!!!
  • Options
    The Palomino will be warm and cozy this afternoon! Don't let the weather get you down. Come out and warm up with us!
  • Options
    I am hoping to be there
    with my 18 year old stepson
    to pre-game for his first Pearl Jam show!
    He's not a drinker,
    but I hope he'll wanna head up early,
    what with the white-out n' all.
    I really hope to see you all there-
    I've never attended one of these 'official'
    pre-parties!

Cheers.
    'Cause you don't give blood and take it back again.
  • Options
    Is there a way to get some green up here? Didn't try to cross the boarder with any so I'm dry. Pm me if you can help me out.
    Memorial Stadium, Seattle - Jul 21 22, 1998
    Key Arena - Nov 05, 2000
    Gorge Amphitheater - Sep 01, 2005, Jul 22,23, 2006
    Key Arena - Sept 21,22, 2009
    Alpine Valley - Sept 3, 4 2011