Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
edited April 2013 in The Porch
http://chucksperry.net/

Pearl Jam Buenos Aires

Chuck Sperry and Santi Pozzi

22 x 29

Artist Edition of 100

4 colors on archival cream paper

As a note: Santi Pozzi printed all the show posters for Buenos Aires at Imprenta Chimango, his printing company in Buenos Aires. I printed all the posters for the Ten Club and for the Artist Edition release (with metallic blue-silver) which is offered here.

Signed and Numbered (Chuck Sperry signed – Chuck Sperry and Santi Pozzi – plate signed on the back)

We will be making a very limited release of Artist Edition posters, here, on Sunday, April 7, 2013 at a random time.
And so you see, I have come to doubt
All that I once held as true
I stand alone without beliefs
The only truth I know is you.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Princess BulldozerPrincess Bulldozer Mannheim, Germany Posts: 952
    http://chucksperry.net/2013/04/pearl-ja ... es-poster/

The story behind the poster is here too.
    Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure - science.
    ~Edwin Powell Hubble

Men love to wonder, and that is the seed of science.
    ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,984
    Thanks! Another tough one to score.
    Specially it being random time & all ...
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:
    Thanks! Another tough one to score.
    Specially it being random time & all ...

Yeh that is not possible for me to try with the time difference and such.
    Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure - science.
    ~Edwin Powell Hubble

~Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • Options
    DavidDDavidD Posts: 2,446
    at least its on a sunday and not a working day.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,984
    DavidD wrote:
    at least its on a sunday and not a working day.

A work day for me. 200 s/n prints, I might have a try.
    But 100? Oh boy. Gotta be on a desktop PC to score one of these.
    Think I can score one on a Blackberry?
    Hell no!!!
  • Options
    javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136
    I just bought the poster last night because it was the one of my country, but I didn't like it so much, to begin with, it was quite expensive, 200 ARS which is about 50 bucks, when its price is usually 30 (have prices been raised?) and is closer to 100 ARS, the price of the 2011 poster. But the worst thing is that they sold without the tube, so I had to spend the whole evening with the poster in my hands, therefore I could not enjoyed the show as much since I had to care for the friggin' poster. Fortunately it didn't rained. I went very early to get as much pieces of merch as possible but there weren't many. PJ tees were cool but not awesome, at least, they are better than the 2011 show, I got the one with the surfer skeleton and the blue one with the bird, the one which reads Pearl Jam with the Argentine flag was lame, and the one with the stickman and the legend "the greatest festival ever" (which was such a lie) sucked.

At the end of the show, there were few poster remaining. I hoped that they were cheaper, since I didn't see many people buying them, but no, there were still 200, so I just got the one I almost ruin. When I got home at 5 am I noticed that ink was still fresh, and the protective paper was stuck/glued to the ink, fortunately I could take it off with no damage. By the way, the legend at the back is in Spanish, you can read it here, thanks to Princess Bulldozer who found it
    http://chucksperry.net/2013/04/pearl-jam-buenos-aires-poster/

The story behind the poster is here too.

You can learn more about "The (Little) Gauchito Gil" here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gauchito_Gil

The most important thing is that show was great, and they played In hiding, and that makes Red Mosquito my last holy grial...
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

• Options
    The most important thing is that show was great, and they played In hiding...

That is the most important. Glad you got another song off
    your list!
    ~Edwin Powell Hubble

~Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • Options
    javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136
    The most important thing is that show was great, and they played In hiding...

That is the most important. Glad you got another song off
    your list!

I still can't believe I got in hiding and I got ID, In hiding is from my top five, if you check the buenos aires setslists all my favs are there, specially night 2, but not red mosquito... one to go...
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...