Options

Mad Season Box Set!!! :)

demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,029
edited October 2012 in The Porch
If you missed the Walking Papers premiere including Barrett Martin with Marco on the Jet City Stream Radio broadcast I was able to record it. @ 40:48 of the broadcast .. "Mad Season is getting ready to release a box set that kinda takes the records that have already came out and some new tracks that Mark Lanegan sings on!"

Sweet!!! 8-)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    RedMosquito02RedMosquito02 Posts: 2,560
    :D:D:D

SWEET!!!

Thanks for sharing!!!
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    nice!
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Excellent.
    Vinyl re-release of Above?
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,990
    damnit more money...
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    Lukin19Lukin19 We The North Posts: 505
    Can't wait!!!!!!!
    Thanks for the info D.
  • Options
    red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    ohhhhhh yeahhhhhhhhhh :mrgreen: My wallet hates me.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • Options
    gbpat54gbpat54 Posts: 69
    Wow ! This is very exciting news !!! 8-)
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:
    "Mad Season is getting ready to release a box set that kinda takes the records that have already came out

what did he mean by recordS plural?
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    Dirty FrankkDirty Frankk Posts: 4,274
    Lukin19 wrote:
    Can't wait!!!!!!!
    Thanks for the info D.

1+ :corn:
    CAN'T KEEP CRAZY MARY IN MY TREE NO WAY NOT FOR YOU. ALL THOSE YESTERDAY JEREMY is ALONE, SAD with RATS & BUGS it's HARD TO IMAGINE a JEREMY a BETTER MAN.
    LIFE WASTED, BLOOD on the PORCH, LAST KISS is a WISHLIST DEEP DOWN NOTHING AS IT SEEMS WHY GO COME BACK ALIVE SPIN THE BLACK CIRCLE and SMILE.
  • Options
    alexross42alexross42 Posts: 367
    demetrios wrote:
    "Mad Season is getting ready to release a box set that kinda takes the records that have already came out

Wasn't there a single with live tracks on it? Suppose it could mean those too. Would be great to get an audio recording of Live at the Moore too (or even a decent DVD release)!
    My Music, 'Crowd of Oaks' - Spotify | Bandcamp

Manchester 2000 :: Cardiff 2000 :: Prague 2006 :: London 2007 :: Manchester 2009 :: London 2009 :: Manchester I 2012 :: Manchester II 2012 :: Milton Keynes 2014 :: London I 2018 :: London II 2018

*BRAD* Birmingham 2013 :: London 2013
  • Options
    SpagsSpags Leigh-on-Sea, UK Posts: 2,953
    WANT!!1
    Nature drunk and High
  • Options
    cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453
    This was announced three weeks ago.
  • Options
    SpagsSpags Leigh-on-Sea, UK Posts: 2,953
    Well nobody told me...
    Nature drunk and High
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:

Not sure but I can't wait to see what's inside this box set. :D
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,139
    Spags wrote:
    Well nobody told me...

Or me. AWESOME!
  • Options
    FrankieGFrankieG Abingdon MD Posts: 9,095
    demetrios wrote:
    If you missed the Walking Papers premiere ....I was able to record it.

Yes I did miss it... :(

;)
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • Options
    alexross42 wrote:
    demetrios wrote:

Wasn't there a single with live tracks on it? Suppose it could mean those too. Would be great to get an audio recording of Live at the Moore too (or even a decent DVD release)!

yes, I have that single, I guess I was hoping there was something I didn't know about! :)
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    alexross42 wrote:

yes, I have that single, I guess I was hoping there was something I didn't know about! :)

Is this the one? http://www.pjcollectors.com/detail_related.asp?id=1108
    Got that one too. :)

I just hope this box set contains the Live At The Moore DVD that has been talked about since back in the old PJ message pit. And a few extra video footage.
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,139
    demetrios wrote:
    I just hope this box set contains the Live At The Moore DVD that has been talked about since back in the old PJ message pit. And a few extra video footage.

I would like to proudly state that it was me who submitted that Rumor Pit question. Been dying for a Live at The Moore re-release.
  • Options
    OkOk Posts: 2,144
    This is probably the most exciting piece of news I've heard in weeks. Thank you!
  • Options
    pjl44 wrote:
    demetrios wrote:

I would like to proudly state that it was me who submitted that Rumor Pit question. Been dying for a Live at The Moore re-release.

A superior source from the master tapes transfer to DVD or Blu-ray would be awesome! Way to many VHS > DVD sources fan sources have been spread on that single VHS release. It's been far too long for this release on digital format.
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    Yes!!!
  • Options
    Rambis35Rambis35 Posts: 235
    Whoa. I don't know how I missed this. Great news!
  • Options
    PhilippHPhilippH Posts: 86
    a must have...
    00 rock am ring
    07 münchen
    12 berlin 1
  • Options
    Most excellent!! :)

http://www.antiquiet.com/news/2012/10/m ... arly-2013/

Mad Season to Release Box Set With New Material in Early 2013
    By Fernando Scoczynski Filho

Mad Season, the grunge supergroup originally comprised of Mike McCready (Pearl Jam), Barrett Martin (Screaming Trees, along with special guest Mark Lanegan), the late Layne Staley (Alice In Chains) and John Baker Saunders, showed signs of something of a return this year. After hinting at the release of never-before-heard material, McCready actually joined Martin onstage back in May. Now, things are coming further into fruition, as Martin just announced that a Mad Season box set is set to drop in March 2013, including the aforementioned unreleased material.

In an interview with The Sun Break, Barret Martin laid out the plan in detail: “To honor our departed brothers, Mike and I oversaw a Mad Season box set, which comes out March 12th, 2013. It contains the re-mastered Above album, the Moore concert on DVD with surround sound, and a bunch of live recordings that we never released. The most exciting stuff: three songs that Mark Lanegan wrote lyrics and sang on, songs that we started to record for the second album but never finished because of Baker’s and Layne’s deaths. One of the songs Peter Buck wrote with us, and the other two are from me and Mike. They are three of the heaviest and most beautiful songs Mad Season did, and I know Layne and Baker will love them.”

So, to recap: a box set with Mad Season’s debut Above remastered, a DVD, live recordings, and three new songs with Mark Lanegan on vocals. While that’s not exactly the plan that McCready first mentioned (“find singers that are up to the caliber of Layne” to record “probably eight” songs), it’s exciting nonetheless.
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:
    So, to recap: a box set with Mad Season’s debut Above remastered, a DVD, live recordings, and three new songs with Mark Lanegan on vocals. While that’s not exactly the plan that McCready first mentioned (“find singers that are up to the caliber of Layne” to record “probably eight” songs), it’s exciting nonetheless.

I have all the live recordings, but properly mastered will be awesome. I care not for Lanegan, but the Live dvd will kick ass. I'm surprised my vhs hasn't worn out yet. :D
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:

I have all the live recordings, but properly mastered will be awesome. I care not for Lanegan, but the Live dvd will kick ass. I'm surprised my vhs hasn't worn out yet. :D

DVD is great & all. Was kinda hoping for a Blu-ray version. I believe I have 4 fan made VHS > DVD transfers. Would be great to heard that Seattle show in HD audio.