Options

Sold Out

edited July 2012 in The Porch
More tickets for Missoula will be released tomorrow at 5:00 pm. You can only by these tickets in person. PJ made a big deal about Ticketmaster and even testified against these vultures. Not it has definitely come full circle. I realize these boys will retire some day, but the have SOLD OUT before their time. It is not about music or the fans, it is about filling their pockets. Maybe they can get some investment ideas from Mitt and just say to hell with the fans.
"I am the guitar whisperer."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,748
    More tickets for Missoula will be released tomorrow at 5:00 pm. You can only by these tickets in person. PJ made a big deal about Ticketmaster and even testified against these vultures. Not it has definitely come full circle. I realize these boys will retire some day, but the have SOLD OUT before their time. It is not about music or the fans, it is about filling their pockets. Maybe they can get some investment ideas from Mitt and just say to hell with the fans.

:corn: :corn:
  • Options
    LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    :lol: :roll:
  • Options
    KevinmanKevinman Atlanta, GA USA Posts: 1,905
    You've lost me here? I think you've missed the boat on this one.
    I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side

06.27.98  Alpine Valley
    10.08.00  Alpine Valley
    09.23.02  Chicago
    06.18.03  Chicago | 06.21.03  Alpine Valley
    10.03.04  Grand Rapids
    10.05.05  Chicago
    05.16.06  Chicago | 05.17.06  Chicago | 06.29.06  Milwaukee
    08.02.07  Chicago | 08.05.07  Chicago
    08.23.09  Chicago | 08.24.09  Chicago
    05.07.10  Noblesville | 05.09.10  Cleveland
    09.03.11  Alpine Valley | 09.04.11  Alpine Valley
    07.19.13  Chicago
    10.17.14  Moline
    08.20.16  Chicago
    08.18.18  Chicago
    09.18.22  St. Louis
    09.05.23 Chicago
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    wait-what.jpg
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    climb into one of these

DMC-12.jpg

and go back to 1995 and tell someone who gives a shit
  • Options
    I'm a TruckI'm a Truck Milwaukee Posts: 3,508
    edited July 2012
    Oh yeah, they'll be filling there pockets on a $60 ticket in a 6,000 person venue for a BENEFIT show! I usually don't say stuff like this but you're a fucking idiot.

Sorry Kat...
    Post edited by I'm a Truck on
  • Options
    Oh yeah, they'll be filling there pockets on a $60 ticket in a 6,000 person venue for a BENEFIT show! I usually don't say stuff like this but you're a fucking idiot.

IBTL
    -Chris
    Male, 34

I'm on Facebook - facebook.com/christopher.leesye1

1998 Brisbane 2
    2003 Brisbane 1
    2006 LA 1 & 2
    2008 LA 2, San Diego 1 (EV)
    2009 LA 1, 2, 3 & 4, San Diego
    2011 St. Louis (EV)
    2012 Tulsa 1 & 2 (EV)
    2013 Chicago, Dallas & OKC
  • Options
    mcgavinjmcgavinj Idaho Falls, ID, USA Posts: 311
    So let me get this straight...

Making more tickets available to a show that is highly anticipated is a bad thing? There will still be plenty of people that wanted to go that cannot. Next thing you know you're gonna be pissed that they didn't remodel the Adams Center accomodate 10,000 more fans at their own personal expense and personally invite you to occupy an entire section. How is this selling out?
  • Options
    starmap3333starmap3333 Posts: 3,925
    I think people are just bitter they can't go to this show... scalpers are scalpers, they will always be there to snatch tickets. I mean, really, what other band will people pay what they pay to see this band? If you really want to go, hit the secondary market, pay the price, and enjoy the show. I was gonna go but 36 hours of driving... or flying there from here (NY)... after all the shows I've seen it doesn't matter if I see them in a 5 or 6,000 seat venue or an 80,000+ festie... they like money, sure... who doesn't? THEY EARNED EVERY PENNY! :D
  • Options
    Oh wait! Did they sell out because they are not playing your hometown? I bet that's it.
  • Options
    so now that we've settled that, here's a cat riding a turtle

http://youtu.be/FK_CKtYCRIc
  • Options
    I hope your joking. If not, please elaborate.
    Go listen to John Frusciante right now!
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,563
    How dare they try to support themselves and their families by performing concerts, recording and selling music, selling bootlegs/shirts/posters/hats/etc,

How dare they sell $55 tickets in a small arena as a benefit for a friend running for political office

G-d damn PJ trying to make a living THE HORROR!!! :evil:
  • Options
    norm wrote:

:lol:
    That my friend needs its own thread.
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    den_do19.jpg
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,594
    Ha. Stuffing their pockets by playing a small benefit show in Montana? How dare they!
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,640
    :lol::lol::lol: Yeah, they're lining their pockets... with generosity. It's a fucking benefit concert! :lol:

:fp: :fp: Sometimes it's best to think before you post.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    drummerboy_73drummerboy_73 Las Vegas, NV Posts: 2,011
    I like noodles.
    Osaka, Japan (2/21/95), San Diego (7/10/98), Las Vegas (10/22/00), San Diego (10/25/00), Las Vegas (6/6/03), Las Vegas (7/6/06), Los Angeles (7/9/06), VH1 Rock Honors (7/12/08), Ed Solo (7/8/11), Ed Solo (11/1/12), Los Angeles (11/23/13)
  • Options
    10d23837.jpg
  • Options
    I like noodles.

:lol:
  • Options
    enrique_hrenrique_hr Posts: 249
    Seriously, whats with these threads...
    Stop throwing the man quarters!

EV 07-6-2011, LA1 11/23/2013, LA2 11/24/2013
  • Options
    marcosmarcos Posts: 2,111
    People are jut upset that they're not more readily available like the Internet or dare I say fan club. It is kind of a weird way to sell the tix, but it is what is. There will be much more shows and tix available next year if they do in fact do a bigger tour, this is just a fundraiser political thing kinda like the Vote for Change tour though hopefully this will be better but I don't expect much.
  • Options
    marcos wrote:
    People are jut upset that they're not more readily available like the Internet or dare I say fan club. It is kind of a weird way to sell the tix, but it is what is. There will be much more shows and tix available next year if they do in fact do a bigger tour, this is just a fundraiser political thing kinda like the Vote for Change tour though hopefully this will be better but I don't expect much.
    40034803_384x288_generated.jpg
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    marcos wrote:
    I don't expect much.

7,000 people in that small venue and a general admission floor coupled with a band that feeds off a crowd's energy? I actually fully anticipate this show to be the best one I have ever seen. If Mike isn't running laps of the stage by the third song I'd be fully surprised! :lol:
  • Options
    marcosmarcos Posts: 2,111
    DS1119 wrote:
    marcos wrote:
    I don't expect much.

7,000 people in that small venue and a general admission floor coupled with a band that feeds off a crowd's energy? I actually fully anticipate this show to be the best one I have ever seen. If Mike isn't running laps of the stage by the third song I'd be fully surprised! :lol:

Oh no, I always expect a lot no matter the tour, I just think this reminds me of the Vote for Change tour where there's more of political theme. And I understand they are a political band, I just like it more when it's them and the music, politics is so polarizing and pointless. I simply like to rock!
  • Options
    neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    every venue drops tickets for every show ..why so surprised?
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    marcos wrote:
    I just like it more when it's them and the music, politics is so polarizing and pointless. I simply like to rock!

I agree. :thumbup:
  • Options
    marcos wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    marcos wrote:
    I don't expect much.

Oh no, I always expect a lot no matter the tour, I just think this reminds me of the Vote for Change tour where there's more of political theme. And I understand they are a political band, I just like it more when it's them and the music, politics is so polarizing and pointless. I simply like to rock!
    This is nothing like the vote for change tour IMO. They were mad and fighting then. This show is a friendly benefit for a close personal friend of Jeff's family who is running. I don't even see a connection. But for the record, I like that PJ is political. I believe in voicing beliefs like that, and I like the passion they show. Their political stances are a part of what I love about them and part of what drives them as musicians.
  • Options
    BirgitBirgit Posts: 34
    norm wrote:

That's hilarious! :lol:
    1996 Prague - 2000 Salzburg - 2006 Berlin - Vienna - 2007 Munich - Novarock - 2009 Berlin - London - 2010 Dublin - Belfast - London - Berlin - 2011 PJ20 - 2012 Manchester I&II - Prague - Stockholm - Oslo - Copenhagen - EV Amsterdam I&II
  • Options
    Mikee JMikee J Posts: 1,323
    Its called growing up.....

Maybe the OP should do the same.
    "My body's nobody's body but mine"
This discussion has been closed.