Options

*~~* Tulsa EV preparty/afterparty 11/18 &11/19*~~*

mindimindi Posts: 1,858
edited November 2012 in The Porch
404463_10151254954055531_895470530_22806282_1274528614_n.jpg
Me, Melissa and Tara are working on an awesome party!

I will be updating here and at the facebook event page,
https://www.facebook.com/events/291606250895892/

We can always use volunteers and if you have anything to donate you can pm me or Melissa or email me at <!-- e --><a href="mailto:whythelapin@yahoo.com">whythelapin@yahoo.com</a><!-- e -->

Pre-Pre-Preparty:November 17th, dinner at TBD
We're thinking here for dinner and drinks. For this night we have to know a head count so we need you to RSVP.
http://www.elguaposcantina.net/site/elguapos/section/33

ORGANIZERS: Mindi, Melissa(ozarkcoolchic), Tara
Volunteers:
my daughter Kate
Date:Sunday November 18th AND Monday November 19th

Where: The Hunt Club Pub & Grub.
224 North main St
Tulsa, OK 74103
It's right around the block from Brady Theater.
They are very excited to have us there :D
They're open until 2am so anyone wanting to get together after the show can head back there.

Wishlist Fundraiser Times:We hope to be there around 1-2pm to set up, so come anytime!

Raffle and silent to live auction:5-5:30ish we'll start the live auction, raffle to follow immediately

Ticket & Concert Times:
* Doors will open at 6:30
* Ten Club Ticket distribution will begin at 4:30pm and will end at 9:15pm.

Beneficiary: Homes Of Hope Joplin
http://homesofhopejoplin.org/main/

http://www.rebuildingtogethertulsa.org/

Will be collecting items for http://www.homewardboundpugs.com/help.html
Will probably have a change jar for people to empty their pocket change in exchange for a raffle ticket.

Wishlist Fundraiser Gift w/Donation Items:I'm copying the old list and will update if I get a new one.
* T-shirts
* Wristbands
* Stadium cups
* Stickers
* Keychains
* Mousepads
* Wishlist art prints
* Ticket albums
* Other stuff

LOOKING FOR RAFFLE AND AUCTION ITEMS
Here's what we have so far:
Two framed & matted photos from the Rally for Justice for the West Memphis 3
A Pearl Jam Twenty book
A boy scout shirt
Vitalogy re-issue vinyl
Avocado CD
VS CD
Vitalogy CD
Ten Deluxe CD Set w/DVD
Immagine in Cornice DVD
Little Rock 2003 poster
Houston/Dallas/Lubbock 2000 poster
"918" T-shirt from Boomtown Tees, Tulsa
Tulsa Drillers bobblehead
Tulsa Drillers throw
Tulsa Drillers lunch bag
Cooking class for two from The Stock Pot, Tulsa
98 Yield Buckey Hat
Vegas 2003 poster
Seattle 06 poster
98 Yield Summer Tour poster
Camden 08 poster
2001 15th Annual Bridge School poster
2006 CCFA North American tour print
2000 UK tour poster signed & numbered by Ames 434/2900
Albany 06 poster
2011 Montreal Soto poster
PJ Zombie tee
Yield vinyl(small blemish on vinyl)
New Live On Ten Legs vinyl
New Binaural cd
Cat Stevens poster from 1972
Iggy Pop poster from the late 70's
Bow Wow Wow poster from the 80's.
whole box of Eddie's Headies rolling papers for the 4/20 party :lol:
2 Eddie's Headies tees
A TEN Guitar Book(you know a book that teaches you the songs)
Pearl Jam inspired necklaces from Tina at Pearl Girl Studio
$25 Cheesecake Factory gift card
a print from The Pierson Gallery in Tulsa
Brad vinyl SIGNED by the band :mrgreen:
Some poster that I can never remember which one it actually is
More crap(just curious if anyone is reading at this point)
Pearl Jam Belgium 2012 poster

Raffle Ticket Donations:
3 tickets for $5
8 tickets for $10
OR
Donation of pet food/supply as listed above. For each item donated you will receive a raffle ticket.
And we have a few other ways to earn raffle tickets! :P

Raffle/Auction Donations Needed!
If you have official t-shirts, posters, stickers or any other cool PJ related stuff you'd like to donate, please send a PM with what the item(s) is/are and bring it with you to the pre-party. There we will collect your name & info so we can provide you with a tax receipt. No bootleg items, please.
We pretty much will accept anything! We have had people donate items they have made including preserves (Thank You Danica) jewelry, really almost anything.
Gift certificates are nice too.

Check this 1st post, which will stay updated.

Don't forget that Mrs. Tulsa Tickets and the one and only Super Fan will both be helping on the 19th to sell raffle tickets. Both have taken time out of their serious duties to help us out! Super Fan is only able to attend the party on the 19th. He has a previous engagement on the 20th. So, make sure you come down and meet Super Fan on the 19th! Also, you can have your picture taken with either for the small fee of only $5. All proceeds from the pictures will be going to our chosen charities for the party. *You must take the picture with your own personal camera.

event.png
To 10c; "Your PJ tshirt should be tight enough to show you're a woman and loose enough to show you're a lady." - bionicamy
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Mindi,

I will not be able to make it to the Tulsa show but if you need anything for the fundraiser let me know. Best of luck on the fundraiser.

Chris
  • Options
    CF181594 wrote:
    Mindi,

I will not be able to make it to the Tulsa show but if you need anything for the fundraiser let me know. Best of luck on the fundraiser.

Chris
    We'll miss you :(
    You always donate such great stuff, so if you want to again, that would be awesome with us :mrgreen:
    To 10c; "Your PJ tshirt should be tight enough to show you're a woman and loose enough to show you're a lady." - bionicamy
  • Options
    Don't forget to add www.homesofhopejoplin.org I have 2 framed & matted photos from the Rally for Justice for the West Memphis 3, a Pearl Jam Twenty book, & a boy scout shirt to donate!
    I wish I were the verb "to trust" and never let you down
  • Options
    Added the facebook event page info to the OP.
  • Options
    Morning bump to page one! :P
  • Options
    Does anyone have any PJ patches they would like to donate? Melissa is working on something for the auction.
  • Options
    I noticed on FB The Hunt Club is the official location - I can't wait to meet everyone!
  • Options
    BA256233 wrote:
    I noticed on FB The Hunt Club is the official location - I can't wait to meet everyone!
    Can't wait to see everyone there!
    We have a bunch of neat things we're trying to set up for the party! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Right on!! I'm looking forward to it.

Do you know how many people showed up to the St. Louis party?

I was there - seemed like a lot.
  • Options
    BA256233 wrote:

Not sure how many people showed up, but the fire marshal was there saying we had over capacity! :shock:

I can't wait! LOVE getting to see all my friends. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    mindi wrote:
    BA256233 wrote:

Not sure how many people showed up, but the fire marshal was there saying we had over capacity! :shock:

I can't wait! LOVE getting to see all my friends. :mrgreen:
    Thanks to our good friend Jarred aka Iwasthere for talking to the fire marshal & letting them know what we were doing was for charity & that as soon as the raffle was over the crowd would thin out. I think if he hadn't talked them out of shutting us down, we would have been the first preparty shut down due to over capacity. I know that place in St Louis held over 200 people.

Also, Saturday morning BUMP!

I am still in need of some donated PJ patches for a really great auction item I'm working on. Even if you know somewhere I can order an assortment of them & pay only one shipping fee would be helpful too!
  • Options
    If you haven't been to one of our parties, you should consider coming! :mrgreen:
    We have some neat things in the works. Pugs will be there. We have several ways to earn raffle tickets. We usually have a wide variety of raffle items from PJ/Ev stuff to gift certificates, and really any and everything.
  • Options
    Sunday BUMP!! 8-)
  • Options
    Lottery day BUMP!
  • Options
    Nervous freaking out bump :lol:

Has everyone decided what they're going to donate?
    Don't forget the item collection for the pug rescue!
  • Options
    Sitting here nervous at work waiting for an email!!!

Bump!
  • Options
    Starting to get miffed bump :|
  • Options
    I was hoping I would find a 10c email in my inbox this morning...today should be interesting.

Bump!
  • Options
    If I win the lottery for Tulsa I'll be there for sure!!!!!!
  • Options
    So excited about the Tulsa show. Haven't seen PJ in FOREVER. Can't wait to see EV.
  • Options
    dburney wrote:
    So excited about the Tulsa show. Haven't seen PJ in FOREVER. Can't wait to see EV.
    :mrgreen:

Here's a little haiku I wrote this morning, and I never can remember if it's 5,7'5 or what, so be nice ;)

eddie lottery
    making me wait, very long
    i'm feeling lucky
  • Options
    thumbsthumbs Posts: 37
    Yeah, if I get tickets I'll be there in person. If not, just in spirit.
  • Options
    So anyone want to meet at McNellies the night before for dinner and drinks? A few of us are thinking we might.
  • Options
    Freaking out waiting for email bump :shock: :?
  • Options
    Got 'em! YEAAAAAH! Woohooooooo! Just got my email - hopefully everyone else in the 918 drawing will know soon!
  • Options
    Rival178Rival178 Posts: 608
    I'm in for Tulsa, just got email.....see you there!
  • Options
    Damnit...congrats though.

Still waiting....
  • Options
    All of the organizers are in! :mrgreen: Hoping everyone gets tickets!!!

Now let's get this party going.
  • Options
    I got mine for Tulsa! Boing boing boing!
  • Options
    WaveRyderWaveRyder Posts: 1,128
    Here's the deal: The fiance and I both put in for the Tulsa and Dallas shows because we're living in Kansas right now and those are the two closest. Well, we both got lucky for the Dallas show. So, we have 4 tix to one show.

If anyone else out there is in the same boat as us except you have Tulsa tix - and would like to go to Dallas - lets work somthing out. Id rather go to two shows than have some half ass fans tag along from Kansas to the Tulsa show.

If there are two people who have tulsa tix but only need one and want to make the trip to dallas, that would work too.
    RC, SoDak 1998 - KC 2000 - Council Bluffs IA 2003 - Fargo ND 2003 - St. Paul MN 2003 - Alpine Valley 2003 - St Louis MO 2004 - Kissimmee FLA 2004 - Winnipeg 2005 - Thunder Bay 2005 - Chicago 2006 - Grand Rapids MI 2006 - Denver CO 2006 - Lollapalooza 2007 - Bonnaroo 2008 - Austin City Limits 2009 - Los Angeles 2009 - KC 2010 - St Louis MO 2010 - PJ20 Night 1 - PJ20 Night 2