Options

Profile join date question.

Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
edited January 2012 in The Porch
Is the join date in your profile the date that you signed up to these boards? I'm asking because I remember being on the old synergy board as well. This board came up in '03, correct? Yet I see some people with join dates in the late 90's. Just curious as to how exactly that worked.
And so you see, I have come to doubt
All that I once held as true
I stand alone without beliefs
The only truth I know is you.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    i think it's when you signed up for the boards. i know i've been a 10c member for a lot longer than what it says on the screen.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    mfc2006 wrote:
    i think it's when you signed up for the boards. i know i've been a 10c member for a lot longer than what it says on the screen.

same here...
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    mfc2006 wrote:
    Same here. I just cant remember. I guess members of the old pearl jam boards prior to this had their usernames and info transferred here. I must have changed my user name, because Ive been on these forums in one form or another since the late 90's.

Any clarification on this would be welcome.
  • Options
    mfc2006 wrote:
    Same here. I just cant remember. I guess members of the old pearl jam boards prior to this had their usernames and info transferred here. I must have changed my user name, because Ive been on these forums in one form or another since the late 90's.

yeah, i was on the old board....but rarely visited. i can't even remember what my name was. :? so, when i joined this board in 2006, i picked a name that i would remember. my initials+year i joined the board=username! :) i'm a forgetful guy sometimes...
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    covered in blisscovered in bliss chi-caw-go Posts: 1,329
    not at all being a board police but did you try searching it? There was an explanation given way back when.

I changed my email after lollapalooza and my join date changed along with it.
  • Options
    not at all being a board police but did you try searching it? There was an explanation given way back when.

I changed my email after lollapalooza and my join date changed along with it.
    I did, and didnt come up with the definitive answer. Maybe someone else knows for sure.
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,667
    mfc2006 wrote:

yeah, i was on the old board....but rarely visited. i can't even remember what my name was. :? so, when i joined this board in 2006, i picked a name that i would remember. my initials+year i joined the board=username! :) i'm a forgetful guy sometimes...

You're Matt Fucking Cameron?!!!
  • Options
    Go Beavers wrote:
    mfc2006 wrote:

i wish! :lol:

i can play the drums...but not like that! :)
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,773
    Go Beavers wrote:
    mfc2006 wrote:

You took my joke! :lol:
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    Is the join date in your profile the date that you signed up to these boards? I'm asking because I remember being on the old synergy board as well. This board came up in '03, correct? Yet I see some people with join dates in the late 90's. Just curious as to how exactly that worked.

Old synergy board log in works here.
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    I remember the old synergy board, was a member back then...I visited a few times, but never posted. For some reason, I remember an email saying "we are switching forums, and giving everybody a new user name, please log in after (such and such date) and change it if you want to keep it"

There are some users that have a join date of 1968...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,945
    mfc2006 wrote:
    mfc2006 wrote:

I never got involved in posting on the BBS. Was a weekly reader but never bothered to post.

http://web.archive.org/web/200104270750 ... &Board=Jam

Wish the web archive servers were able to save all the pages links, instead of the main websites url. There was alot of great reads back then. Just look back at all the subject headlines.
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:
    mfc2006 wrote:

I never got involved in posting on the BBS. Was a weekly reader but never bothered to post.

http://web.archive.org/web/200104270750 ... &Board=Jam

Wish the web archive servers were able to save all the pages links, instead of the main websites url. There was alot of great reads back then. Just look back at all the subject headlines.
    Awesome. Man, does that bring back some memories!
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    Love 'Jeff's Time Machine'...used to write shit like that...wish I still had all those ramblings...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    RKCNDY wrote:
    Love 'Jeff's Time Machine'...used to write shit like that...wish I still had all those ramblings...

I wish they bought back the rumor pit. Back then weekly fan's would ask questions & they would just post the q&a for all to read. It was fun.

I wish they brought this back ...

http://web.archive.org/web/200104100011 ... orpit.html

Heard Rumors? Have Questions? Ask, We're An Ear.
    When you send your rumors and questions in to us at the Rumor Pit, please put "PJ Rumor Pit" in the Subject line of your question message and please remember that personal questions, requests for autographs and lyrics information won't be answered.

Love,
    Kat and Sea

Every week say on a Monday here on the message board Kat & Sea could pick 20 random questions from fan's that have been posting on the message board. Create a sticky thread to include the Q&A. Lock the thread so nobody replies. It would be just for all to view. With the AET show on hiatus, it would be great if they brought this back. Just my 2 cents.
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    demetrios wrote:

Every week say on a Monday here on the message board Kat & Sea could pick 20 random questions from fan's that have been posting on the message board. Create a sticky thread to include the Q&A. Lock the thread so nobody replies. It would be just for all to view. With the AET show on hiatus, it would be great if they brought this back. Just my 2 cents.

+1 :thumbup:
  • Options
    uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959
    My join date is the day I purchased my second membership after a lapse. My original account here says the join date was 2003 (during the period of my lapse). I've been posting here since '98/'99.
  • Options

Nothing on this website is correct. Join Date, the amount of members(paid, etc). I wouldn't worry about it.
    Member 164xxx

8/15/92, 9/28/96, 8/28/98, 8/29/98, 9/18/98, 8/3/00, 8/9/00, 8/10/00, 8/23/00, 8/25/00, 9/1/00, 9/2/00, 4/28/03, 6/18/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 10/1/04, 10/3/05, 6/19/08, 10/27/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/21/13

More to Come....
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,168
    Nothing on this website is correct. Join Date, the amount of members(paid, etc). I wouldn't worry about it.
    dont loose your energy with threads like this..
    forum need you here. :mrgreen:
    viewtopic.php?f=4&t=182007
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    My join date is the day I purchased my second membership after a lapse. My original account here says the join date was 2003 (during the period of my lapse). I've been posting here since '98/'99.

Did you purchase the membership online? Only the year's 2003 & on are recorded in our profile page. I could of sworn I paid online back in '98/'99 & every year online after. Though early '96 I paid via money order. But since then I didn't create a user name for the BBS forum. Shocking & I've been online plugged into the Matrix since '99. :|
  • Options
    I was on the old message board (with the song names below the profile) before it switched. Same user name. I want to say it might have been in 2006 when it switched..
  • Options
    I loved the rumor pit!

I'm pretty sure your date is when you first signed in to the latest forum. My membership date is years before my forum join date.