Options

A sad deal....... we can help!

cmaliszecmalisze Posts: 2,629
edited December 2011 in The Porch
Fellow friends, we were just made aware of something very unfortunate that happened yesterday please read the topic and the sad situation that happened to Hi Fi as we call him

http://forums.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=177753&start=75

I would be happy to start up a collection to retrieve another for him. It makes me cringe to think that this happened during the holiday season. Please PM me if you are interested in helping or if you have a PJ20 Backpack that you may be willing to part with. Let's help someone out!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    bump
  • Options
    cmon folks!
  • Options
    Longest RoadLongest Road Posts: 264
    edited December 2011
    cmalisze wrote:
    cmon folks!

Like I PMd you buddy, it's just stuff, and ultimately, the hardest part was seeing my wife cry, because it was a wedding anniversary gift. You are a genuinely cool dude, and like I said, I would have given it to him if he just would have asked. So let's just drop this. Ultimately, like I said, it's the wife crying that's the worst part, I don't care about the stuff. I will continue to answer questions in the Vinyl Needle thread. I truly appreciate the thought, but lets enjoy our other "peaceful, Buddha like, thread." :arrow:
    Post edited by Longest Road on
    I will scream my lungs out till it fills this room.
  • Options
    the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    A sad deal indeed.

Its still early in the a.m. here and am just seeing this, so I'm sure more people will see it as the day goes on.

I'll have my "collector" friends keep an eye out for a good deal on the backpack, and after Christmas would be happy to throw in on a new one. :)

Keep the faith. Happy Holidays.
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • Options
    -Buru--Buru- Santa Barbara, CA Posts: 1,292
    Glad to hear you are ok, it must have been a really scary moment.
    As for the backpack, I can understand the emotional attachment and that is what hurts the most, but when it comes down to it, it is just stuff. You have the memory of how good you felt when that gift was given to you, that no one can take away.

I was talking about this with friends some weeks ago, for example if you get a pic from one of the PJ guys, the actual moment is worth so much more than the pic itself. If you lose the pic, too bad, but you will always remember the moment in which the pic was given you, and that is what is special, not the pic itself (at least that is how I see it).

It still hurts, and I think we easily become attached to things... I know I do. It's all about learning to let go...

Hope you have no more incidents like that in your shop!!!!
    I am just a dreamer, but you are just a dream...
    If I knew where it was I would take you there.

• Options
    Will someone please ask a question at this forum! I am bored and we don't close up shop and start the Festivus party until noon, so Hi-Fi needs to kill an hour.

http://forums.pearljam.com/viewtopic.ph ... 3&start=75
    I will scream my lungs out till it fills this room.