Options

Live at Melbourne Park Vinyl

ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,592
edited December 2013 in The Porch
At record store right now and they have vinyl of a show from 3/5/98. No art and it says "Promo run at your own discretion." Also has setlist printed on it.

Any clue where this came from?
This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Im spinning it right now, I picked it up this morning. Its sounds AWESOME!!!!! Don't let it go!
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    guessing its the Melbourne show...2lps taken from FM radio broadcast...Not official release...just guessing tho. Seen it around before...goes for around $20-30
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    Gotcha. Thanks for the help. $24.99
  • Options
    ahill721ahill721 Posts: 2,071
    Im spinning it right now, I picked it up this morning. Its sounds AWESOME!!!!! Don't let it go!

Just ordered it from my local record shop here in the Chicago area!!!!!
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    ComeToTX wrote:

i bought my copy @ Waterloo Records. it sounds great! definitely worth the $25.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Is this a new bootleg release or has this been around a while?
  • Options
    TravelarTravelar Kalamazoo, USA Posts: 3,359
    Is this a new bootleg release or has this been around a while?

I first saw it a couple months ago.. around RSD. There's a Nirvana one by the same people.
  • Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,962
    That's an awesome show from the Yield tour, an FM broadcast, I have a great CD version, but on Vinyl - You lucky bastards! ;) I remember sitting in my bedroom listening to it here in Australia great versions of Brain of J, In My Tree, I Got Shit, Immortality, Porch.... The list goes on! Great find! :)
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    anywhere online to order the vinyl?
  • Options
    anywhere online to order the vinyl?
    jshin wrote:
    I wish I could find it around my area..Where did you get it, somewhere online?

reckless records in Chicago. You can order from there website. http://www.reckless.com

just saw this, this morning & got one...don't know if they have any left.
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    Thanks for the quick feedback everyone. And thanks Waterloo for stocking it!
    mfc2006 wrote:
    ComeToTX wrote:

• Options
    ComeToTX wrote:
    Thanks for the quick feedback everyone. And thanks Waterloo for stocking it!
    mfc2006 wrote:
    ComeToTX wrote:

Yup. Waterloo Records is a great place. I was down in Austin a few weeks ago and stopped by and they had quite a few copies of it. If anybody needs one you can give em a call and they will ship to you.
    Three crooked hearts and swirls all around... I miss you all day
  • Options
    just got mine...2LPs...sounds great!...but, no Brain of J (its on the tracklist) & I Got Shit is not on tracklist but, its on the vinyl. Worth $22.
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    Got a copy yesterday from Twist n; Shout Records in Denver. They'll ship it anywhere. Since it came with no artwork, I'm gonna try to come up with something. I'll share it when its ready :)
  • Options
    Anyone know any shops in the LA area that have this?
    Columbus 6/24/03, Pittsburgh 9/28/05, Cleveland 5/20/06, Pittsburgh 6/23/06, Chicago 8/5/07, New York 6/24/08, New York 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield 6/28/08, Mansfield 6/30/08, EV D.C. 8/16/08, EV Chicago 8/22/08, EV Baltimore 6/14/09, Chicago 8/23/09, Philadelphia 10/27/09, Philadelphia 10/28/09, Philadelphia 10/30/09, Philadelphia 10/31/09, Columbus 5/6/10, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Cleveland 5/9/10, Buffalo 5/10/10, EV Detroit 6/26/11, Toronto 9/12/11, Hamilton 9/15/11, Pittsburgh 10/11/13, Buffalo 10/12/13, San Diego 11/21/13, Los Angeles 11/23/13, Los Angeles 11/24/13, Cincinnati 10/1/14, Detroit 10/16/14, New York 9/26/15, Greenville 4/16/16, Hampton 4/18/16, Columbia 4/21/16, Philadelphia 4/29/16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/22/16, Denver 9/22/22
  • Options
    Got this given to me for my 40th this year and ABSOLUTELY love it, im from Melbourne and rapt i now have this added to my PJ vinyl collection ;):D
    Hold on to the thread....The currents will shift....Glide me towards you....

I know someday you'll have a beautiful life....
  • Options
    Ive seen this available at one of the record stores in Melbourne called 'Missing Link' records, go grab it if you can ;)
    BrainofBGA wrote:
    That's an awesome show from the Yield tour, an FM broadcast, I have a great CD version, but on Vinyl - You lucky bastards! ;) I remember sitting in my bedroom listening to it here in Australia great versions of Brain of J, In My Tree, I Got Shit, Immortality, Porch.... The list goes on! Great find! :)
    Hold on to the thread....The currents will shift....Glide me towards you....

I know someday you'll have a beautiful life....
  • Options
    erocshiftyerocshifty Posts: 1,170
    i picked this up about a month ago, sounds great! i already had the mp3, but the vinyl...insane!!!!
    "It's best to live in grace before you're forced to." EV- 10/09/2014 
  • Options
    :thumbup:
    erocshifty wrote:
    i picked this up about a month ago, sounds great! i already had the mp3, but the vinyl...insane!!!!
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    erocshifty wrote:

does this vinyl sound better than the cd?
    2000 Ljubljana
    2006 Vienna, Zagreb
    2007 Munich
    2009 Berlin
    2010 Dublin, Belfast, Berlin, Venice
    2011 Montreal, Toronto 1&2
    2012 Manchester 1&2, Amsterdam 1&2, Prague, Berlin 1&2, EV Manchester
    2013 Worcester 1&2, Brooklyn 1&2
    2014 Amsterdam 1&2, Manchester 1&2, Milano, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin
    2017 EV Firenze, Taormina 1&2
    2018 Amsterdam 1&2, Padova, Prague, Krakow, Berlin
    2019 EV Firenze
  • Options
    I found it here the other day and ordered it, should arrive in the next day or two.

http://www.soundstagedirect.com/pearl-jam-live-at-melbourne-park-australia-vinyl-records.shtml
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,945
    Quick question but is this an official release or a bootleg?
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:

bootleg. Somebody just took the audio from Melbourne and pressed it on vinyl, which is why things like this are almost always made in "Europe". Not many vinyl plants here in the U.S. would accept a job like that anymore for fear of copyright issues.
    Rock me Jesus, roll me Lord...
    Wash me in the blood of Rock & Roll
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,945
    arthurdent wrote:
    demetrios wrote:

bootleg. Somebody just took the audio from Melbourne and pressed it on vinyl, which is why things like this are almost always made in "Europe". Not many vinyl plants here in the U.S. would accept a job like that anymore for fear of copyright issues.

Thanks! I wonder what audio source they used for this pressing?

BEST BUY "Give Way" PROMO CD: CD (silver) > EAC > Wave > Flac [524mb] - http://db.etree.org/shn/27757

SV042: Sony Music Australian promo > cdr > dEdit > cdr (first 1.5 minutes from webcast > dat > cdr) > flac - http://db.etree.org/shn/23660

pre-FM --> DAT --> CD-R > CD > WAV > SHN - http://db.etree.org/shn/23886

or some other higher quality / lower quality audio. Imagine if Pearl Jam / 10club released this one officially on marble vinyl? Oh mama!!!
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:

or some other higher quality / lower quality audio. Imagine if Pearl Jam / 10club released this one officially on marble vinyl? Oh mama!!!

I wouldn't be surprised if it were mp3 sourced. I somehow doubt that someone running an illegal boot operation in Europe is really all that concerned about audio fidelity. Probably used whichever source they found first on the internet.
    Rock me Jesus, roll me Lord...
    Wash me in the blood of Rock & Roll
  • Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,962
    Cheers, Thanks for the heads up! :)
    CazzaBGirl wrote:
    Ive seen this available at one of the record stores in Melbourne called 'Missing Link' records, go grab it if you can ;)
    BrainofBGA wrote:
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    SH17171SH17171 Posts: 425
    Original cd bootleg was called '' down under again'' with 8 extra songs added on some from monkey wrench radio,ripped straight from jjj radio broadcast or http://www.pjcollectors.com/subcategory.asp?id=433. found the cd in a shop not to long after the show which I attened so to have this back in 98 was pretty bloody 8-)
    Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out
  • Options
    mvwmvw Posts: 1,659
    Buy this now people. This is a sweet deal.
  • Options
    Lone Drawn MeteorLone Drawn Meteor Vancouver, BC, Canada, Northern Hemishpere, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe Posts: 1,230
    I'm not a huge audio-smarty-pants, but it doesn't sound (when I play it) like anything other than a really well-mixed soundboard pressing. If there's something lossy about the audio, I can't hear it. Other than losing Brain of J. Grrrrr…
    "If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit." - Mitch Hedberg
  • Options
    SpencerSpencer Posts: 867
    So, it's a bootleg pressing of dubious quality with missing songs?

Forgive me, but why would anyone actually want this?