Options

Thank you PJ! (didn't win lotto but played requested Smile)

bosshogg18bosshogg18 Tacoma, WA Posts: 1,082
edited October 2011 in The Porch
Do they put all the numbers in a big hat? Computer program? Cool lotto ball machine, like the government run lottos use? Numbers on a wall that someone throws darts at? Just curious.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    bosshogg18 wrote:
    Do they put all the numbers in a big hat? Computer program? Cool lotto ball machine, like the government run lottos use? Numbers on a wall that someone throws darts at? Just curious.

Not sure but I know multiple people who have won more than once. Unfortunately, I am not one of those people.

:cry:
    Member 164xxx

8/15/92, 9/28/96, 8/28/98, 8/29/98, 9/18/98, 8/3/00, 8/9/00, 8/10/00, 8/23/00, 8/25/00, 9/1/00, 9/2/00, 4/28/03, 6/18/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 10/1/04, 10/3/05, 6/19/08, 10/27/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/21/13

More to Come....
  • Options
    bosshogg18 wrote:

Not sure but I know multiple people who have won more than once. Unfortunately, I am not one of those people.

After many shows I have never been so lucky to win the lottery either. However, there have been some people that have won the lottery several times - some for back to back shows. I too am curious as to how that works, but doubt if we will ever find out.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    wopr.jpg
  • Options
    butte1butte1 Posts: 379
    I am curious too as I know people who just joined within the last year or two who've won the lottery mutliple times and i've been a member since 1998 and never won it. WIth computers as sophisticated as they are now a days you would think they'd have an algorithm or something so that a person could not win the lottery a second (or third, or fourth etc...) time until everyone has won it atleast once. Sort of like when you win a radio show contest and your not eligible to win again for a certain period of time or whatever. Now if a certain show has a situation where they can;t fill the lottery rows without adding someone who has won it multiple times then that's fien but again seems liek something a computer should be able to handle.....
    R and R Station - Mar 26, 1992 ** Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Aug 29, 1992 ** Summerfest Milw - Jul 08, 1995 ** Summerfest Milw - Jul 09, 1995 ** Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Jun 26, 1998 ** ** Alpine Valley Music Theatre (E.V. at Tibetan Freedom Concert) - Jun 13, 1999 ** Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Oct 08, 2000 ** Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Jun 21, 2003 ** United Center - May 16, 2006 ** Summerfest - Jun 30, 2006 ** Riverside Theatre Milw (Eddie Solo Tour) - 2008 ** United Center - Aug 23, 2009 ** The Chicago Theatre (Eddie Solo Tour) - Jun 29, 2011 ** Orpheum Theatre MN (Eddie Solo Tour) - July 2, 2011 ** Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 03, 2011 ** Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 04, 2011
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,894
    bosshogg18 wrote:

After many shows I have never been so lucky to win the lottery either. However, there have been some people that have won the lottery several times - some for back to back shows. I too am curious as to how that works, but doubt if we will ever find out.

Lotto for back to back shows? That's insane. I hope I win one day :D.
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    bosshogg18bosshogg18 Tacoma, WA Posts: 1,082
    Didn't know a lot of people who have won multiple times. That does not seem fair. It would be nice to win it, but am not going to complain. I usually get decent enough seats being 179xxx.
    Hopefully whatever system 10C is using that produces multiple time winners will be fixed, so more people have a chance at excellent seats.
  • Options
    bosshogg18 wrote:
    Didn't know a lot of people who have won multiple times. That does not seem fair. It would be nice to win it, but am not going to complain. I usually get decent enough seats being 179xxx.
    Hopefully whatever system 10C is using that produces multiple time winners will be fixed, so more people have a chance at excellent seats.

you're taking the word of 3-4 people... as well as believing the pearl jam grapevine

how many shows have they had the lottery for? hundreds?? how many people win the lottery each night? 100?

i'm not good at math but that's a lot of people... probably thousands... so if 4? 5? 7? 27? of them won twice... i don't think that equals "a lot of multiple winners"

10c is trying to hook people up - i'm sure they're not tracking who wins and who doesn't... why waste the time and resources?

take the 5000 people who have 10c tix for a show and pick 100

next show... do the same

simple
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    bosshogg18 wrote:

you're taking the word of 3-4 people... as well as believing the pearl jam grapevine

how many shows have they had the lottery for? hundreds?? how many people win the lottery each night? 100?

i'm not good at math but that's a lot of people... probably thousands... so if 4? 5? 7? 27? of them won twice... i don't think that equals "a lot of multiple winners"

10c is trying to hook people up - i'm sure they're not tracking who wins and who doesn't... why waste the time and resources?

next show... do the same

simple

+1 :thumbup:
  • Options
    51.jpg

:lol::lol::lol: Just kidding
    Member 164xxx

8/15/92, 9/28/96, 8/28/98, 8/29/98, 9/18/98, 8/3/00, 8/9/00, 8/10/00, 8/23/00, 8/25/00, 9/1/00, 9/2/00, 4/28/03, 6/18/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 10/1/04, 10/3/05, 6/19/08, 10/27/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/21/13

More to Come....
  • Options
    butte1 wrote:
    WIth computers as sophisticated as they are now a days you would think they'd have an algorithm or something so that a person could not win the lottery a second (or third, or fourth etc...) time until everyone has won it atleast once.

A bit complex because some people go to many shows, and some go to very few. Your algorithm would end up favoring those who go to few shows, because the frequent attendees would win the lottery and then be excluded.

Best have an equal chance for each show you attend. A true lottery.
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    DS1119 wrote:
    wopr.jpg

LOL You and RM are always on point...

too funny
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    bosshogg18 wrote:

next show... do the same

simple

Simple, but not correct. There are many people that have won multiple times that coincidentally know band members, or someone that works for the band, etc. I'm totally ok with that, but if you think all the seats in rows 1 & 2 and 9 & 10 are assigned at random by an algorithm, you're not paying attention.
  • Options
    dte421 wrote:
    Simple, but not correct. There are many people that have won multiple times that coincidentally know band members, or someone that works for the band, etc. I'm totally ok with that, but if you think all the seats in rows 1 & 2 and 9 & 10 are assigned at random by an algorithm, you're not paying attention.

Which is why I will never win. :lol::lol::lol: hahahahaha
    Member 164xxx

More to Come....
  • Options
    BeerBaronBeerBaron Toronto-ish Posts: 4,089
    I am always confused about people who think you should only be eligible to win the lottery once. Buying a ticket to a show is essentially buying a lottery ticket and you should have the same chance as anyone else to win the lottery for that show.

From my personal experience, I am 178XXX and have never won row 1 or 2 in about 20 shows. I did win row 10 once, but would have been row 12 or so anyway (LA4 '09). My girlfriend who has a fairly high number won 2nd row once (in about 7 tries). My brother, who also has a very high number won 10th row at Toronto #2 in only his second try.

It does seem random to me but from what I have heard here and there, it seems like very high 10C numbers are more likely to win row 1 and 2. I could be completely off on that one though as my experiences are a very small sample size compared to the entire membership.
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • Options
    It isn't totally random.....I seen a guy win front row tickets for back to back shows....Pretty much in same area in the front row....I talked to him at the pre parties...He told me in person...That he had won the lottery two shows in a row...{Front row}...If you win the lottery for front row on a tour?...I think your name should be taken off the list for front row lottery tickets....

I am sure some on here think it is totally random...It isn't.....Don't get me wrong....It is cool that they do the lottery tickets...But, if your going to call it random....At least make it totally random...I know that the 10c picks a certain amount of fans to win the lottery.....That is fine...But, don't call it random...

Jeremy
  • Options
    It's pretty simple actually.

10club management keeps a close eye on this board and makes notes of all the bitchers, whiners, complainers,
    shit disturbers and ungrateful members who believe they are entitled to something more than seeing
    the greatest live rock band since I don't know when.

They don't get to win the lottery because they wouldn't be satisfied even if they did.
  • Options

10club management keeps a close eye on this board and makes notes of all the bitchers, whiners, complainers,
    shit disturbers and ungrateful members who believe they are entitled to something more than seeing

They don't get to win the lottery because they wouldn't be satisfied even if they did.

This totall bullshit....If your a current fan club....It shouldn't matter who you are....Everyone should have an equal chance of winning.....But, I could see the 10c doing this...Rewarding the goody tissues...

Jeremy
  • Options
    dte421 wrote:

they're a rock band... they are in charge....they're going to have VIPs and they're going to sit them wherever they want...

good for them

this lottery produces many, many winners that have no connection to the band ... my wife won once and i'm pretty sure she doesn't know anyone... although i did find a pair of hawaiian underwear in her car once with a note from a guy named Kenny Gaspar... but anyway
  • Options

This totall bullshit....If your a current fan club....It shouldn't matter who you are....Everyone should have an equal chance of winning.....But, I could see the 10c doing this...Rewarding the goody tissues...

Jeremy

A goody tissue??
    Is that like a snot rag that Ed would throw away??
  • Options
    It isn't totally random.....I seen a guy win front row tickets for back to back shows....Pretty much in same area in the front row....I talked to him at the pre parties...He told me in person...That he had won the lottery two shows in a row...{Front row}...If you win the lottery for front row on a tour?...I think your name should be taken off the list for front row lottery tickets....

I am sure some on here think it is totally random...It isn't.....Don't get me wrong....It is cool that they do the lottery tickets...But, if your going to call it random....At least make it totally random...I know that the 10c picks a certain amount of fans to win the lottery.....That is fine...But, don't call it random...

Jeremy

how does him winning twice prove that it's not totally random?
  • Options
    dte421 wrote:

they're a rock band... they are in charge....they're going to have VIPs and they're going to sit them wherever they want...

good for them

this lottery produces many, many winners that have no connection to the band ... my wife won once and i'm pretty sure she doesn't know anyone... although i did find a pair of hawaiian underwear in her car once with a note from a guy named Kenny Gaspar... but anyway

Once again this all fine and dandy...But, don't call it totally random....I have never won the lottery...Which, I don't really care.....I have been in the fan club for a long time...So, I am pretty happy with the seats I usually get with my fan club tickets...

Jeremy
  • Options

Jeremy

A goody tissue??

oh lord
    i can see them selling these at the preparty
  • Options
    KingJeremyDKingJeremyD Posts: 2,313
    edited September 2011

Jeremy

What are the chances of the same fan club member winning front row back to back to shows?.....Pretty much in the same general area in the front row.........Wow....He must be really lucky....He should have went and purchased a lottery ticket with that luck... :lol:

Jeremy
    Post edited by KingJeremyD on
  • Options
    Once again this all fine and dandy...But, don't call it totally random....I have never won the lottery...Which, I don't really care.....I have been in the fan club for a long time...So, I am pretty happy with the seats I usually get with my fan club tickets...

Jeremy

ummm... i didn't call it totally random?

so you not winning the lottery proves that it's not totally random? is that it?

and you may have been in the fan club a long time... but the lottery is newish... so those things aren't really related?
  • Options
    dougfloyddougfloyd Fishers, IN Posts: 2,544

Jeremy

A goody tissue??

You're telling me we don't get french benefits?
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2011 - EV solo St Louis, PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincy, St Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Lexington, Wrigley
    2018 - Wrigley
    2022 - Nashville, St Louis
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    it HAS to be random...no way they would put a smoking baby in a lottory row....or somebody screwed up when pulling tickets...yeah, that seems more likely :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options

Jeremy

What are the chances of the same winning front row back to back to shows?.....Pretty much in the same general area in the front row.........Wow....He must be really lucky....He should have went and purchased a lottery ticket with that luck... :lol:

Jeremy

bottom line is there is a chance it could happen... him winning twice doesn't PROVE anything

why do you sign every one of your posts?
  • Options

Jeremy[/quote]

Some hand picked fan club members get fringe benefits...But, not every fan club gets this.....It should be totally random winners....If you win any row during a tour?...Your name should be marked off the list for that row...

Jeremy
    A goody tissue??
    Is that like a snot rag that Ed would throw away??[/quote]

You're telling me we don't get french benefits?[/quote]
  • Options
    dougfloyd wrote:
    You're telling me we don't get french benefits?

This thread is like opening a can of whoa-mans.
  • Options

Jeremy[/quote]

how does him winning twice prove that it's not totally random?[/quote]

What are the chances of the same winning front row back to back to shows?.....Pretty much in the same general area in the front row.........Wow....He must be really lucky....He should have went and purchased a lottery ticket with that luck... :lol:

Jeremy[/quote]

bottom line is there is a chance it could happen... him winning twice doesn't PROVE anything

why do you sign every one of your posts?[/quote]

Sure there is a chance it could happen...But, lets say just for the example....There was 2,200 fan club tickets sold at each of these two shows...That this guy won back to back front row tickets.....So, there is a really slim chance this would happen.....Once again.....Just mark the persons name off the row that he won already during that tour......It will take care of this happening......I know and have meet fans who would do anything to be up front just once.....But, you have fans winnning multiple times.......I try help out fans that have never had great tickets...By, selling them my other tickets.....So, that fan can experince checking out the band close up....

Jeremy