Options

Chugg Entertainment on reported Perth show

KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,776
edited December 2010 in The Porch
Dear WA Eddie Vedder fans,

Contrary to recent reports in the Perth media, there is no Western Australia show scheduled for Eddie Vedder.

Comments made by Michael Chugg have unfortunately been reported out of context. We have been looking into adding a Perth show since before any of the tour dates were announced, but we were not able to confirm these dates due to scheduling difficulties. The intention of the comments made in Chugg’s interview was to let the WA fans know that it was always our hope to add Perth shows, and that we had been working on it, but at this point in time it was not possible.

Michael Chugg wanted everyone to know that Eddie was aware of the support from Perth fans, and that he appreciates their efforts in putting together petitions and writing to the Chugg Entertainment office and to Pearl Jam management, but that this would not be a deciding factor, it would all come down to scheduling.
We apologise for any confusion that these media stories may have caused.

Regards,
Chugg Entertainment
Falling down,...not staying down
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Paul AndrewsPaul Andrews Posts: 2,489
    edited December 2010
    Thanks for the sad news Kat.

On behalf of myself and those of us who have petitioned, it is great to have some clarity. Thank you to Ed and the 10Club for hearing our calls, doing what you could, and letting us know. As Tom Petty (and Ed sang), 'the waiting is the hardest part'.

If anything changes in the schedules or availability of venues, please, remember we'll be all too happy to purchase tickets with little notice (like Newark May 2010) and we'll drag 'em in for miles and fill whatever venue you can get. It's been done before - you may recall: 'Tonight Only - The Blues Brothers'. :)

To all those attending the shows, I have turned my petition website into a EV fan network, especially set up to allow those attending shows, planning events and fund raisers, those coming for overseas to find Aussie fans to connect with and so on. Easily connect with facebook or create and account. http://ev2011.com.au

We hope to see you all in Sydney, just gotta have a few planets align and we're in. :)
    Post edited by Paul Andrews on
  • Options
    vital5vital5 Posts: 5,486
    Thank you for the answer. The interwebs work way too fast these days!
  • Options
    threefish10threefish10 Posts: 7,392
    vital5 wrote:

yet it took 4 days to get a response on the "mis-quotes" which i'm pretty sure Chugg made in a live radio interview. so i'm not sure how that gets taken out of context.
    condescending and sarcastic since 1980
  • Options
    vital5 wrote:

yet it took 4 days to get a response on the "mis-quotes" which i'm pretty sure Chugg made in a live radio interview. so i'm not sure how that gets taken out of context.

The medical term for it is RBTH, which when combined with FIM and WTFDIJS, can cause these kind of situations. I'm sure, Chugg, like most promoters suffer from it from time to time, it is an occupational hazzard.

Note:
    RBTH: Rushus ov bloodish to the headeth.
    FIM: Footus inus mouthus
    WTFDIJA: What The Fuck Did I Just Sayism.

We've all suffered from it - I know I have a number of times. His promotion of the 2009 PJ tour was great, I'll give him a break on this one :)

We pushed the media to get answers, I think it's the nature of live news reporting which caused the stuff up.

Guys, let's not spoil the positive energy we created with attacks at Chugg. Whatever happened, I'm fairly sure he never intended to piss anyone off and is sincere in his apology. It is fully understandable to be disappointed, but let's just take it on the chin.

Please look at our efforts as being positive in that we were heard by the upper levels of Pearl Jam management and probably Ed and that our efforts were truly appreciated. Given history, our efforts are not wasted.

Now lets just turn our focus to either getting to Eastern States shows (if we are able to) or at least sharing in the excitement of those who are there.
  • Options
    ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    I think Chugg needs to make up for this major screw up by giving us a 10club pre-sale an hour before his/Ticketmaster's pre-sale.

:thumbup:
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • Options
    vital5vital5 Posts: 5,486
    I think there may have already been a 10 Club pre sale...
  • Options
    ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    vital5 wrote:

Yeah we need another one.....not enough tickets last time. ;)
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • Options
    LongRoadLongRoad Posts: 421
    How about just a 10c show somewhere in the middle of the country. That'd make up for it just nicely...
  • Options
    mtbr03mtbr03 Posts: 44
    ARGH. Very disappointing.

I guess I understand on some level that a Perth show would be difficult given timing / distance / etc., but at the end of the day it is frustrating when there are one or more shows in 6 cities in Oz and the 4th largest city, which happens to have a massive fan base, can't get one.

:|

Sadly will be missing out on the shows over east, primarily due to cash flow.

Happy for you east coast fans though - will be an amazing tour!
  • Options
    i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007
    Thanks for the Info Kat!... :(
  • Options
    JoJo Posts: 2,098
    Today I cashed in my bag of 5 cent,10cent and twenty cent coins which I have saved in 11 months and got $120.
    Today I also got a tax refund cheque of $116.

I just repaid my bro for using his credit card for my tix........
    See? There is a GOD 8-)

Now I gotta work on the air fares.... :D
  • Options
    FuzzFuzz Posts: 1
    Thanks for the clarification. Much appreciated.

Good luck to all those who are going to make the trip east. Enjoy the Eddie Vedder Solo Eastern States of Australia Tour!!!!
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    vital5 wrote:

Yeah we need another one.....not enough tickets last time. ;)

youre greedy. :P 8-)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    sorry to all you sandgropers... wouldve been the perfect excuse to finally get to that side... and yes i do need an excuse............. its just so darn far. 8-)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    I was thinking Perth-success will be the success of petition. And it's not works. :(

Sad to hear about it for our Perth friends.
    Five, five...five against who?
  • Options
    One man and a guitar!! How hard can it be!! Simplicity has gone out the window with this one! oh the irony! :lol: im laughing all the way with this one!!
    Sad for us who live in a country called Westralia but VERY HAPPY for those of you who live in a country called
    Australia. :lol:
    6/3/95 Perth
    7/3/98 Adelaide
    19/3/98 Perth
    20/3/98 Perth
    23/2/03 Perth Met band - E.V, Mike, Stone, Jeff
    25/11/06 Perth "On Beach with Band" Phwarghhh
    14/11/09 Perth
    31/3/11 Perth E.V Show
    1/4/11 Perth E.V Show
    7/2/14 Perth E.V Show
    8/2/14 Perth E.V Show
  • Options
    word on the street (internet) is ed is opening for The Who in london 3 nights after SA show

im guessing chugg was just having a laugh with us westralians..

pretty gutted
    but stoaked for melbourne though :D
    makes much more sense to live in the present tense
  • Options
    UKpearljammerUKpearljammer Bath, UK Posts: 910
    Do you have a source? I can't find anything about a march 2011 Who show nevermind Ed supporting. Hope your right, but I'm sceptical
    My PJ shows:
    London 28/10/96, Las Vegas 11/7/98, London 29/5/00, Nurnburg 11/6/00, Prague 14/6/00, Salzburg 18/6/00, Verona 20/6/00, Milan 22/6/00, Zurich 23/6/00, New York 8-9/7/03, Boston 11/7/03, Reading Festival 27/8/06, Shepards Bush 11/8/09, Berlin 15/8/09, Manchester 17/8/09, London 18/8/09, Dublin 22/6/10, Belfast 23/6/10, London (HRC) 25/6/10, Alpine Valley (PJ20) 3-4/9/11, Manchester 20-21/6/12, Leeds 8/7/14, Milton Keynes 11/7/14 To be continued....
  • Options
    geckogecko Posts: 1,712
    Eddie was at Royal Albert Hall performing with The Who in March, maybe that's where it comes from.
  • Options
    oh i didnt actually see it myself

my friend seen it and relayed it to me :P
    well if thats not the case then BOO! to chugg entertainment
  • Options
    One man and a guitar!! How hard can it be!! Simplicity has gone out the window with this one! oh the irony! :lol: im laughing all the way with this one!!
    Sad for us who live in a country called Westralia but VERY HAPPY for those of you who live in a country called
    Australia. :lol:

Couldn't agree more!.....hahaha :P
  • Options
    UKpearljammerUKpearljammer Bath, UK Posts: 910
    missisles wrote:
    oh i didnt actually see it myself

my friend seen it and relayed it to me :P
    well if thats not the case then BOO! to chugg entertainment

I see
    Or dare I say it Boo to Ed/Pearl Jam management, they know about it, I'm sure they could put pressure on the promoter.
    My PJ shows:
    London 28/10/96, Las Vegas 11/7/98, London 29/5/00, Nurnburg 11/6/00, Prague 14/6/00, Salzburg 18/6/00, Verona 20/6/00, Milan 22/6/00, Zurich 23/6/00, New York 8-9/7/03, Boston 11/7/03, Reading Festival 27/8/06, Shepards Bush 11/8/09, Berlin 15/8/09, Manchester 17/8/09, London 18/8/09, Dublin 22/6/10, Belfast 23/6/10, London (HRC) 25/6/10, Alpine Valley (PJ20) 3-4/9/11, Manchester 20-21/6/12, Leeds 8/7/14, Milton Keynes 11/7/14 To be continued....
  • Options
    Sloth2Sloth2 Posts: 277
    Gay

How is it a scheduling issue?

If Ed really wanted to go, he'd sit Chuggy down and go "Find a way"

2 of the best shows I've been too were in Perth. bIt's a great city full of great fans. We know Ed loves it. Mayvbe itl cost chuggy too much money?
    "I hope they feed you in jail" - Ed V to a stage intruder 18/02/2003 Melbourne.

High Above
    i'll break the law
    if it's illegal to be in love
    leave the hatred on the cross
  • Options
    If you can get to Sydney:

Win Two Tickets To Eddie Vedder's Sunday Sydney show at http://ev2011.com.au

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=145287
  • Options
    He's not comming here so get over it.
    I too, would love him to come to W.A, but,........ ALL TOGETHER NOW
    .........." and if you, can't pleeeeease everyone, you gotta please yourself"....
    p.s. I don't like country music.
  • Options
    Jo wrote:
    He's not comming here so get over it.
    I too, would love him to come to W.A, but,........ ALL TOGETHER NOW
    .........." and if you, can't pleeeeease everyone, you gotta please yourself"....
    p.s. I don't like country music.

I "Please" myself ALL the Time!...lol :shock:
  • Options
    Lucky for us it is legal. :twisted:
  • Options
    everything is legal if you wear a latex catsuit and leave no evidence behind ;)
  • Options
    joely_91joely_91 Posts: 795
    missisles wrote:

:lol::lol: latex catsuit!!! We need to talk! 8-)
  • Options
    joely_91 wrote:
    missisles wrote:

:lol::lol: latex catsuit!!! We need to talk! 8-)

about what?
    you can get them at every 2nd shop in rockingham city ;D