Options

BRISTOW VA Pre-party & Fundraiser!

InOurTreeInOurTree Posts: 67
edited May 2010 in The Porch
I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who participated in this pre-party. It was amazing. We raised $1378 for CCFA and considering it was my very first pre-party EVER Id say we did pretty well. You guys were incredible and I enjoyed meeting you! Friend me on facebook so we can keep in touch. I will see you on the next tour <3 and for those of you who are traveling to Hartford and beyond tomorrow...im incredibly jealous. Have a wonderful time!

Location CONFIRMED: Bungalow Alehouse 2:00 May 13
PLEASE rsvp here or on facebook!

**NEW - Sign a scrapbook page for Mike McCready (who also suffers from Crohn's disease)...I will have a scrapbook set up at the table and for a $5 donation you can sign a page and write a note to him...if you would like to include pictures you already have please bring them with you and write your info on the back so I can keep track of everyone. I will put it together including all of the pictures that I take and get it to the Wishlist foundation who can get it to Mike at one of the shows after ours.

Press releases will go out to local news and radio. DC101 may promote on the air and has donated Chili cook-off tickets. The owner of Bungalow Alehouse is fantastic and is donating 10% of the sales from the party to CCFA through the Wishlist foundation. They have an AWESOME outside patio and will have drink specials for us. It is approximately 1 mile from the venue in case you need to walk to the show. This will be a TON of fun and will benefit a GREAT cause! See you THERE :D

ETA: PRESS RELEASE out TODAY 4/26:
PEARL JAM FANS HOLD GRASSROOTS FUNDRAISER FOR CROHN’S & COLITIS IN GAINESVILLE

GAINESVILLE, VA– April 26, 2010 – Fans representing two different state chapters of the Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation of America (CCFA) will raise money and awareness by holding a fundraiser before Pearl Jam’s performance in Bristow, VA on May 13th.

Rochelle Howke, of Ashburn, Virginia, and Brent Hinson, of Union City, Tennessee, are organizing the charity event at the Bungalow Alehouse in Gainesville immediately prior to Pearl Jam’s concert at Jiffy Lube Live starting at 2pm. Both Howke and Hinson suffer from Crohn’s disease and have agreed to split all the proceeds for the event to benefit their local CCFA chapters.

Attendees will be able to win fan-donated memorabilia through a raffle and auction. In addition, the Bungalow Alehouse will donate 10% of the sales of the pre-show party to the Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation of America.

Hinson started organizing pre-show events for the CCFA five years ago in support of Pearl Jam guitarist Mike McCready, who also has Crohn’s. McCready has been an outspoken advocate for the Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation for several years.

“I started organizing these pre-show events because Pearl Jam concerts helped give me a platform to raise awareness about chronic diseases that would otherwise go unnoticed,” states organizer Hinson. “I’m amazed at how much support the fans have shown Mike and patients who deal with these conditions on a daily basis.”

Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis are an ongoing disorder that causes inflammation of the digestive tract. Crohn’s can affect any area of the GI tract, from the mouth to the anus, but it most commonly affects the lower part of the small intestine while ulcerative colitis affects the large intestine.

Everyone is invited to attend the fundraiser hosted at the Bungalow Alehouse located at 7380 Atlas Walk Way in Gainesville, VA on May 13th. All ages are welcome and there is no additional charge for attending this event. :D

(Thanks Brent)

Check out the pre-party promotion poster being put up around the area on our facebook page:
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=1 ... 803&ref=ts

Organizers: vedderdays (Rochelle Howke)
Volunteers: Katie E., pjsyco

Date: Thursday, May 13

Wishlist Fundraiser Times: 2:00 - 6:00 pm

Pre-Party: Bungalow Alehouse
7380 Atlas Walk Way
Gainesville, VA 20155
(571) 261-9367
http://www.thegreencircle.com/Torrey%20 ... /index.htm

Raffle items so far:
Chili Cook-off tickets - DC101
2 framed Pearl Jam posters (West Palm Beach 2003 and Phoenix 2003) - Brad Reddick
A bunch of PJ xmas singles - Katie Ellison
(Hopefully) autographed items from the band - Wishlist Foundation
Sterling silver necklace and bracelet with engraved PJ lyrics - Nikki Happ (chunkypunkyanddinky.etsy.com)
8 Handmade PJ keychains - blondieblue227
PJ hoodie - vedderdays
TiaMija - 2 EV posters: Batman and Chicago Picasso,t-shirts,Volcom t-shirt/single,Place/Date book,red PJ bag
EV stickers, Vitalogy book, PJ Spin Mag, misc. - Brent H.
lovett or leavett - PJ poster
dangdang - PJ stickers
Tony Crowly - Backspacer shirt XL
Marcy Fritter - Nationals tickets

In addition there will be:
Restaurant/store gift certificates.
50/50 Pool Tournament.
Wishlist foundation items with a donation.
Sign a scrapbook page for Mike McCready (who also suffers from Crohns Disease)

Ticket & Concert Times:

Doors will open at 6:30pm. Showtime for opening act is 7:30pm
Fan club Box office at Jiffy Lube Live will open at: 3:00pm
Ticket distribution will end approximately at 9:15pm

Where:
Bungalow Alehouse Gainesville VA

Beneficiary:
CCFA - Crohn's and Colitis Foundation http://www.ccfa.org
(Take Steps Walk: 50% Team Junk in the Trunk, 50% Team Rolling Crohn's)

Wishlist Fundraiser Gift w/Donation Items:

T-shirts
Wristbands
Stadium cups
Stickers
Keychains
Mousepads
Wishlist art prints
Ticket albums
Other stuff

Donate items now!

Raffle Ticket Donations:
3 tickets for $5
8 tickets for $10

We love and accept cash the most, though we will also accept check/PayPal donations with proper contact information and legal identification for auction items that can get spendy.

Raffle/Auction Donations Needed!
If you have official t-shirts, posters, stickers or any other cool PJ related stuff you'd like to donate, please send a PM with what the item(s) is/are and bring it with you to the pre-party. There we will collect your name & info so we can provide you with a tax receipt. No bootleg items, please.

RSVP:

vedderdays - Rochelle
Katie E.
Pjsyco - Brad R.
Marcy F.
JC
Keith Early x 2
Satans Red Mosquito x 2
Pearljammer23 x 2
HOPEFULLY blondieblue227 :D
bigbiggzy x 2/3
Chin
TiaMija x 1
pjrock75 x 1
lovette or leavette x 3
smoke20 x1
freetibet1
theoceansmademe
dangdang
sprunkn7
goinghungry
JK12093 x 1
she.dreams.in.color.

Facebook Group: http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/gro ... 803&ref=mf
Join our facebook page for updates and meet other people going to the party!

HOTEL INFO!
Once again Ten Club has arranged a limited amount of discounted room rates at select hotels for the upcoming Northeast tour. Please make your reservations earl before they are all gone!

BRISTOW, VA
Holiday Inn
10424 Balls Ford Road
Manassas, VA 20109

Hotel Phone: 571-292-5400
Website: http://www.holidayinn.coim/manassas <www.holidayinn.coim/manassas>
Distance to venue: 5 miles to venue

Pearl Jam Ten Club Rate: $89.00 + 10% tax
Includes: Free in room internet

To make a reservation: Reservations can be made by calling hotel's reservation department. Please identify yourselves by quoting the Group name "Pearl Jam Ten Club" OR book online: http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/hi/1/e ... NJD5/MNZBF <http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/hi/1/en/cwshome/DPRD-84NJD5/MNZBF&gt; Rate will be honored, based on availability.
Cancellation policy: To avoid penalty, cancel reservation at least 24 hours prior to arrival
Four Points by Sheraton
10800 Vandor Lane
Manassas, VA 20109

Hotel Phone: 703-335-0000
Website: http://www.fourpontsmanassas.com <www.fourpontsmanassas.com>
Distance to venue: 6 miles

Pearl Jam Ten Club Rate: $99.00 + 10% tax
Includes: Free in room internet

To make a reservation: Reservations must be made by calling the hotel reservations department. Please identify yourselves by quoting the Group name "Pearl Jam Ten Club". Rate will be honored, based on availability.
Cancellation policy: To avoid penalty, cancel reservation at least 24 hours prior to arrival

Post your RSVP here! Hope to see lots of you there!

Check this 1st post, which will stay updated

Questions? Donations? Send a PM to me or email <!-- e --><a href="mailto:info@wishlistfoundation.org">info@wishlistfoundation.org</a><!-- e -->
You can also friend me at http://www.facebook.com/rochelleh

♥♥♥
See the path cut by the moon... for you to walk on...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    bump
    Hey brother.
  • Options
    Here is a link someone posted.

http://www.vagateway.com/interactive_map/index.html

It is only a little over a mile away and there is a bunch of restaurants in the Atlas walk section
    Hey brother.
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    As getting to and from the venue, and parking as well, is a total wild card with this place, you may want to consider a tailgate/pre-party as and option, if the weather is supposed to be nice.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    As getting to and from the venue, and parking as well, is a total wild card with this place, you may want to consider a tailgate/pre-party as and option, if the weather is supposed to be nice.

From the Virginia Gateway Shopping center the venue is only 1-1.5 miles away. That depending upon which restaurant you choose.

There are sidewalks the from the shopping center until 0.2 miles from the venue. At which point the shoulder is large along with a grassy area to walk on.

The weather should be warm by May 13th. Average temperature is in the 70's.
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883

From the Virginia Gateway Shopping center the venue is only 1-1.5 miles away. That depending upon which restaurant you choose.

There are sidewalks the from the shopping center until 0.2 miles from the venue. At which point the shoulder is large along with a grassy area to walk on.

The weather should be warm by May 13th. Average temperature is in the 70's.

I know, I have been there many times- I was offering an idea that may work as I have drove in from that direction as well as from DC and sat in traffic from both sides. Thursday nights during rush hour in DC are not pretty.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options

Thinking about it but need permission from Ten Club and the venue. Foxy is working on that. In the meantime, I need a back up plan...do you know what restaurants are in that shopping center? Would prefer a bar....
    Are you planning on coming? ;)
  • Options
    blondieblue227blondieblue227 Va, USA Posts: 4,508
    i think all the resturants that are there are listed on that VA gateway link.
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• Options
    The only one on that list I saw is that Wings place...might be an option. Anyone been there?
  • Options
    lol why is everybody only seeing the wing place?
    chili's
    chipotle grill
    a pizza joint

you'll probably end up at buffalo wild wings.........but i'm just saying.

• Options
    lol why is everybody only seeing the wing place?
    chili's
    chipotle grill
    a pizza joint

you'll probably end up at buffalo wild wings.........but i'm just saying.

I think its because we need a big enough place to hold everyone...I was told to find someplace that could hold 250 people. Chipotle and the pizza place are too small. Id rather do it at a bar than a restaurant too if possible. Thanks for the info.
  • Options
    oh i see. :)

• Options
    oh i see. :)

Are you gonna come out? :)
  • Options
    i'll try
    and if i do i'll bring a bunch of my pj chick keychains to donate.
    scroll down http://www.ivykennedy.com/pearljam/shirt.htm
    :)

• Options
    i'll try
    and if i do i'll bring a bunch of my pj chick keychains to donate.
    scroll down http://www.ivykennedy.com/pearljam/shirt.htm
    :)

Very Cool! Ill keep updating this thread with the information. Thanks
  • Options
    A restaurant worth contacting is Bungalow Alehouse. 571.261.9367

I did call and they do have a large bar area.

Pjsteelers you are right about the DC area traffic, it SUCKS. I am local too. I plan on getting there early.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    vedderdays wrote:

Very Cool! Ill keep updating this thread with the information. Thanks

No thank YOU. Keep up the good work. I hope the fundraiser is a success.
    Post edited by blondieblue227 on

• Options
    A restaurant worth contacting is Bungalow Alehouse. 571.261.9367

I did call and they do have a large bar area.

Pjsteelers you are right about the DC area traffic, it SUCKS. I am local too. I plan on getting there early.

Thanks for the info Ill check it out.
  • Options
    Just created a facebook page for this pre-party here:
    http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/gro ... 803&ref=mf
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    I agree. Hope you can have it in the lot. After reading about all the traffic nightmares I would love to get in and park.
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    Sprunkn7 wrote:
    I agree. Hope you can have it in the lot. After reading about all the traffic nightmares I would love to get in and park.

I know i totally agree. Im trying my best :) Tailgating is definitely my first choice.
  • Options
    Havent heard yet about yes or no on the tailgating thing...
    Ive been in contact with Addy's in Manassas who seem interested. Will people come do you think if I have it there?? We could shut down early enough to make sure everyone gets there on time. Suggestions please?
    Haven't tried the wing place yet. Don't know anything about it.
  • Options
    you know ....that is an idea....

Since traffic will be so bad
    just pop up a few tents in the parking lot.
    BYOB!

i forgot is tailgating allowed there?

• Options
    vedderdays wrote:
    Havent heard yet about yes or no on the tailgating thing...
    Ive been in contact with Addy's in Manassas who seem interested. Will people come do you think if I have it there?? We could shut down early enough to make sure everyone gets there on time. Suggestions please?
    Haven't tried the wing place yet. Don't know anything about it.

Addy's is 4.5 miles from the venue. I doubt people will go there 1st.

They might but will get stuck in the traffic.

Your best bet is finding some place in the Virginia Gateway Shopping center 1 mile from the venue.

Have you contact Bugalow Ale House yet?

As for tailgating that doesn't appear to be an option.

This is a quote from the live nation jiffy lube FAQ page: There is a 'no tolerance' policy for alcohol consumption in the parking lots.

here is the link:http://www.livenation.com/venue/jiffy-lube-live-details
  • Options

This is a quote from the live nation jiffy lube FAQ page: There is a 'no tolerance' policy for alcohol consumption in the parking lots.

oh bummer.

• Options
    DangDangDangDang Posts: 1,551
    Is re-entry allowed?
    Generally, re-entry to the venue after exiting is not permitted. For special circumstances, please visit a Guest Services representative.
    Can I smoke inside the venue?
    Smoking is not permitted in the reserved seating area.
    What can I bring?
    -Small purses / bags (12 inches x12 inches or smaller) / backpacks
    -One sealed bottle of water, 32oz bottles or less!
    -Small, personal (tote-type) umbrellas
    -Blankets
    -Binoculars
    -Personal lawn chairs - seat must be no higher than 9 inches off the ground
    -Limited food is now allowed into the venue. Food can be stored in a one-gallon clear plastic bag, limit one per person.

Note: These guidelines are subject to change. Inspections: Guests are subject to bag searches and various levels of screening subject to artist or management discretion. Photography: Camera policy is decided per artists’ request. Please check back closer to the show day for more specific information or call the main office at 703-754-6400. Prohibited Items: -Strollers
    -Beverages (other than one sealed bottled water)
    -Video and Audio recorders
    -Professional cameras. No detachable lenses.
    (Non-professional cameras are allowed, per artists’ request on a show to show basis)
    -Sharp objects/weapons
    -No alcohol consumption in the parking lots
    -No barbeque fires in the parking lot
  • Options
    DangDangDangDang Posts: 1,551
    Is alcohol served at the venue?
    Guests drinking alcohol must be 21 years of age and provide identification when purchasing alcohol. We will not serve more than two alcoholic beverages per person. Alcohol sales end 45 min before the end of the show.

There is a 'no tolerance' policy ;);) :arrow: :arrow: for alcohol consumption in the parking lots.

What food options are there at the venue?

There are Concessions stands in both North and South Plaza

Gee, I wonder what those quotation marks and wink, wink, nudge, nudge mean?
  • Options
    ok thanks for the ideas. im going to contact bungalow alehouse and let you know.
  • Options
    Ryan_WFCRyan_WFC Posts: 1,314
    Yeah that sounds like the best bet. Thanks for organizing!
    "They said ... timing was everything
    made him ... want to be everywhere
    there's a ... lot to be said for nowhere."
  • Options

oh bummer.

Is that enforced? I have consumed A LOT of alcohol in the parking lots there. It's risky having it outside of the venue, even a mile or two away, the traffic around there is indescribable. I have headed out to that place at 5PM from nearby, and been stuck for hours. I'm not even talking about the Radiohead show.
  • Options
    ptricia435 wrote:

oh bummer.

Is that enforced? I have consumed A LOT of alcohol in the parking lots there. It's risky having it outside of the venue, even a mile or two away, the traffic around there is indescribable. I have headed out to that place at 5PM from nearby, and been stuck for hours. I'm not even talking about the Radiohead show.

Typically I would say rarely would they enforce it if it were a small group of people. BUT since this is a Wishlist foundation sponsored event and we are raising money for CCFA we really need it to be all on the up and up...and we would generate a pretty large crowd plus have banners and stuff up all over the place. We would be very visible...so I would assume that they would enforce it with us. We really need to have permission which we are trying to get.
    Bungalow Alehouse is only one mile away. We could walk if we HAD to. I think that is our best option so far...but I will let you know.