Options

Artist who did Pearl Jam's Calgary & London poster?

demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,935
edited October 2009 in The Porch
Check out the comments & info about these 2 poster's. They say it's Ames Design, but somebody got an email back, from Ames, saying it's not by them, or Brad Klausen. Is it maybe, Tom Tomorrow?

Calgary - http://www.expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/107601
London - http://www.expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/107727

Cause if they were, won't they be included in Ames 2009 SUB - Set 1?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    potnikpotnik Posts: 443
    I was wondering the same thing, makes me think that of this first set of shows only the Rotterdam, Chicago, and SF concerts are by Ames, leaving the Calgary, SBE, Germany, Manchester, London, and Toronto done by different artists. Could be reading to much into it though.
  • Options
    Toronto & Manchester are Brad Klausen style! http://www.artillerydesign.com/main.php?department=9

Calgary, SBE, Germany & London might be Tom's work; or Vedder's work! :geek:
  • Options
    rattzeyrattzey Posts: 877
    I don't know because I pre ordered my Calgary and just figured after seeing it at the show it was Ames hmmmm can't wait to find out. Keep digging D!!! you super poster sleuth
    Walkin on a slippery sidewalk listening to P.J
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    As I noted on ebeans, the similarity of these two prints, in the lower right corner, there's an acorn logo with an "a" in it ... at least it looks like an "a" ...

I don't know what design house has that as a logo, but, there's your clue.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    rattzey wrote:
    I don't know because I pre ordered my Calgary and just figured after seeing it at the show it was Ames hmmmm can't wait to find out. Keep digging D!!! you super poster sleuth

Will do, my master!
  • Options
    jimed14 wrote:
    As I noted on ebeans, the similarity of these two prints, in the lower right corner, there's an acorn logo with an "a" in it ... at least it looks like an "a" ...

I don't know what design house has that as a logo, but, there's your clue.

I'm the hunt. Searching google. Searching the interweb. Who is the maker that uses a acorn logo.
    It might be underneath my nose the whole time. But i'm on the hunt! :ugeek:
  • Options
    rattzeyrattzey Posts: 877
    Bump because I am just so damn curious and my detective skills have so far let me down :oops:
    Walkin on a slippery sidewalk listening to P.J
  • Options
    Crazy MarcusCrazy Marcus Posts: 1,823
    Anyone have a high resolution image of the acorn with the A in it logo? Or a high resolution image of either poster where you can see the logo clearly?
  • Options
    KDH12KDH12 Posts: 2,095
    not sure why it is a secret
    **CUBS GO ALL THE WAY IN......never **
  • Options
    JimMacLeodJimMacLeod Posts: 107
    I can't see the full images on Klausen's site yet, but you can see thumbnails for Toronto and Manchester.
  • Options
    KDH12KDH12 Posts: 2,095
    JimMacLeod wrote:
    I can't see the full images on Klausen's site yet, but you can see thumbnails for Toronto and Manchester.

stay on topic buddy :twisted:
    **CUBS GO ALL THE WAY IN......never **
  • Options
    Crazy MarcusCrazy Marcus Posts: 1,823
    Best I can do in photoshop as far as the logo on the Calgary poster. This is basically it. :D
    acornlogo.jpg
  • Options
    NoelMichaelNoelMichael Posts: 1,630
    A-Cornell maybe?
    9-28-96 Randall’s Island NY; 9-01-00 Camden NJ; 7-05-03 Camden NJ; 10-01-04 Reading PA; 10-03-05 Philly PA; 5-27-06 Camden NJ; 5-28-06 Camden NJ; 6-19-08 Camden NJ; 6-20-08 Camden NJ; 6-24-08 NYC NY; 8-7-08 EV Newark, NJ; 6-11-09 EV Philly PA; 6-12-09 EV Philly PA; 10-27-09 Philly PA; 10-28-09 Philly PA; 10-30-09 Philly PA; 10-31-09 Philly PA; 5-15-10 Hartford CT; 5-18-10 Newark NJ; 5-21-10 NYC NY; 6-21-11 EV NYC NY; 6-22-11 EV NYC NY; 6-25-11 EV Philly PA; 7-1-11 EV StL MS; 9-3-11 E Troy WI; 9-4-11 E Troy WI
  • Options
    MudfestMudfest Posts: 1,015
    There are afew posts on EBeans saying that Ames Bros have been contacted and they have said that they did not do this poster ..

http://forum.expressobeans.com/viewtopi ... 5&start=60

Hmmmm

M
    ===
    "OH Canada...You are so Beautiful when you are Drunk." Eddie
    1993-08-14 Gimli Mb Motorsport Park
    03-05-30 Vanc;05-09-08 Wpg
    05-09-07 Sask Sk;05-09-04 Calg
    05-09-05 Edm Alb;05-09-02 Vanc
    06-07-02/ 03 Denver 1 + 2;06-10-21/22 Bridge 1 +2
    4/3 + 4/2/08 Vanc Vedder ; 6/24+25 MSG /Toronto 09/buffalo 10/EV Chic 1-2
  • Options
    greenmannygreenmanny Posts: 766
    bump for curiosity.
  • Options
    I got bubkiss! :(
  • Options
    anything? nada? zip? :shock:
  • Options
    has anyone sent a note to the 10c? are they just not responding?

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    So, why is this still a mystery? Is it to create buzz?

I actually sent the 10c an email (the only one I've ever sent, actually) ... and nothing.

Seems like such an easy question to answer, yet, for some reason, it goes unanswered .... why?

Santos, can you (or anyone else) let us know who did these two posters?

thank you.

• Options
    ElzarElzar Posts: 966
    yes! please let us know who did these!
    though it does look like ames stuff.....but why would they say its not theirs?
  • Options
    GR8DaneGR8Dane Posts: 957
    it ain't Ames..... but whodunnit?
    Everybody made a movie....
    Everybody had a one line.....
    Everybody misses Andy....
    We'll be seeing him in no time.... Oh Yeah.....

We are Red, we are White, we are Danish Dynamite!
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,010
    greenmanny wrote:
    bump for curiosity.
    8-)
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    I posted this in one of the threads on GTF ... still a bit annoyed 10c didn't step up and help out here ... still not 100% solved, but, we're getting there ...
    jimed14 wrote:
    A BREAK IN THE CASE!!!

So, random post over in expressobeans, kind of hidden in one of the threads, stated to go to ... http://www.whoisacorn.com ... no other info in the post.

It takes you to a myspace page, some some guy Arthur in Chula Vista, has a few design pieces on the page, but in his pics, I saw this ... which is the fisting monster from the London poster.

l_b73ad7af27a60d567c6bf3b6b2f02002.jpg