Options

Melb to Syd to Bris Road trip...

S.O.L.A.TS.O.L.A.T Posts: 56
edited November 2009 in The Porch
Just a heads up for anyone who want to travel the cheap way between states, I plan on driving to all 3 shows on the east coast. Do you think any more shows will be added that i may have to consider timeline wise?.. i dont think Melb has the time for another show, it just struck me to check the ettihad stadium "whats on" and see if its booked the day after for anything as well...

But yeah, If your unable to afford flight and can put up with a guy who plans of putting every pearl jam song on his iphone and putting on random for 48 hours worth of car driving (11 from melb to syd) and 13 from syd to bris, with stops and detours along to way well, drop me a line and let me know your interest.. I drive an excel so i can take 2 more comfortably, and 3 if you dont mind getting out to push up the hills... LOL.

and yes, if there are pre parties I plan on attending them too, and can be flexible to anywhere you may also want to go..

drop me a line, here or at <!-- e --><a href="mailto:chalky187@hotmail.com">chalky187@hotmail.com</a><!-- e --> and we can chat,
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    An EXCEL?

Dude, you're asking for breakage! Why do this to yourself?!!
  • Options
    mj351mj351 Posts: 218
    Nothing booked at Etihad the day before and 3 day gap from Adelaide but I doubt another show will be added..

Melbourne - 16/3/95, 5/3/98, 18/2/03, 20/2/03, 13/11/06, 16/11/06, 20/11/09, EV 24/3/11 EV 25/3/11, 24/1/14, ....
  • Options
    threefish10threefish10 Posts: 7,392
    what part of "One-Show-Only" are people having trouble understanding?

good luck on the worlds longest drive, in the world's smallest car.
    condescending and sarcastic since 1980
  • Options
    jaselynchjaselynch Sydney Posts: 67
    hey i could be interested in this drive....

i'm definatly going to sydney, 70% going to brisbane, and depending on my tax return am hoping for melbourne and adelaide :)

Following PJ around Aust has been my dream.....

So put me on your shortlist! if you wanna contact me:
    jaswah AT gmail dot com
    Or twitter.com/jaswah
  • Options
    RaidenRaiden Posts: 137
    S.O.L.A.T wrote:
    Just a heads up for anyone who want to travel the cheap way between states, I plan on driving to all 3 shows on the east coast. Do you think any more shows will be added that i may have to consider timeline wise?.. i dont think Melb has the time for another show, it just struck me to check the ettihad stadium "whats on" and see if its booked the day after for anything as well...

But yeah, If your unable to afford flight and can put up with a guy who plans of putting every pearl jam song on his iphone and putting on random for 48 hours worth of car driving (11 from melb to syd) and 13 from syd to bris, with stops and detours along to way well, drop me a line and let me know your interest.. I drive an excel so i can take 2 more comfortably, and 3 if you dont mind getting out to push up the hills... LOL.

and yes, if there are pre parties I plan on attending them too, and can be flexible to anywhere you may also want to go..

drop me a line, here or at <!-- e --><a href="mailto:chalky187@hotmail.com">chalky187@hotmail.com</a><!-- e --> and we can chat,

Would love to do the driving tour but my friend is getting married Sat 21st (Day after Melb show) so I will be flying to shows now.

Definitely up for any pre/post show drinks that are planned though....
  • Options
    LongRoadLongRoad Posts: 421
    An EXCEL?

was thinking the same thing LOL :lol:

And driving is not the cheap option. You'll be paying a lot more in fuel and car costs compared with flying.
  • Options
    I must admit - I'm somewhat a hypocrite.

I drove an Excel from King's Canyon in the NT (kinda near Alice Springs) down through Adelaide, across to Mt. Hotham. It sat buried in snow for 4 months, then I drove it to Melbourne, up through the middle of NSW and into the Gold Coast. It was packed to the rafters with shit too.

I gotta admit, the fuel was only a couple of hundred dollars. The road trip was really cool too actually.

But there's no way in hell you'd get me in the back of an Excel to go around the corner, much less across the country!
  • Options
    pjbizpjbiz Posts: 208
    try posting on lifewasted.net there will be a boat load of people doing all the shows.
    I'm also trying to arrange for a couple of wicked camper vans for the tour. Enjoy the road!
  • Options
    Road trips, as cool as they are, would be quite frustrating in an excel, be like me driving my 2 seater Holden
    Rodeo, asking for trouble.
    Webjet yesterday had flights to Syd from Melb on the 21st and 22nd of Nov at $44.00 one way. think sydney to bris was only 70 or soon 24th and 25th. $150.00 for flights and comfort and speed. get to sydney early as, straight to Scruffy Murphys!!
    Booked my flights from melb to perth on sunday, was $110.oo one way. not to bad.

think i could drive my speed/fishing boat to NZ? that would be cheap, but not really a road trip though
  • Options
    what part of "One-Show-Only" are people having trouble understanding?

good luck on the worlds longest drive, in the world's smallest car.

possible Ed Solo gig maybe??? wouldn't rule out second show of some sort in melb. wont be 10C only thats for sure! possible, but unlikely.
  • Options
    BALLBOYBALLBOY Australia Posts: 1,005
    If only the Brisbane show was on the 17th & i could go, as i fly in to Brisbane from London on the 12th & fly back from Sydney on the 21st. Totally gutted that i will miss them as i have seen them on every tour to Oz. I am going to the o2 show in two weeks but the timing for me is awful. Hope they will do Europe again next year.
    Eastern Creek 95,Syd 1 98,Bris 2 98, Syd 1&2 03, Reading Fest 06, Bris 1 06, London 09, Hyde Park 10, Gold Coast BDO 14
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    pjbiz wrote:
    try posting on lifewasted.net there will be a boat load of people doing all the shows.
    I'm also trying to arrange for a couple of wicked camper vans for the tour. Enjoy the road!

jason!
    you're going?
    as it is right now....i am thinking sydney only, but i might easily be persuaded otherwise. ;)
    lifewasted.net, what is that? why not post HERE?
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    An EXCEL?

this will be the 4th time I have taken it to qld and back, its a reliable thing and as a photographer, i want to do more than get to the city, stay close to the hotel all day get to the gig on public transport and deal with airlines which cancel flights and over book and leave you stranded.. I'm happy with my ride and worst case senario, i get a different car to drive, the excel is just best for fuel economy, $160 to qld and back roughly is cheaper than 4 flights
  • Options
    mauichickmauichick Posts: 964
    pjbiz wrote:

jason!
    you're going?
    as it is right now....i am thinking sydney only, but i might easily be persuaded otherwise. ;)
    lifewasted.net, what is that? why not post HERE?

same reason people post on rm
    '96 7 shows / '97 3 shows / '98 15 shows
    '00 12 shows / '03 4 shows / '06 6 shows
    '08 3 shows / '09 5 shows / '10 6 shows
  • Options
    Bringing back a thread from the dead just to say excel has got
    me to brissy so far, no problems even shown and total cost, $85 in petrol!

This thread can die again now!