Options

Trade Toronto 10C tix for mine AND some free goods?

benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,942
edited June 2009 in The Porch
Like the title suggests, I'm a Ten Club member (357xxx) who would LOVE to see Pearl Jam from close up at the Toronto show. I have Ten Club tickets, and what I am offering is a free something or other - be it poster from my collection, or vinyl from my collection, AS WELL as my own Ten Club tickets, in exchange for Ten Club tickets from someone with a far superior number than myself.
Here's what I have to offer:
Ten Vinyl (original)
Vs. Vinyl
Into the Wild Vinyl
No Code Vinyl
Boston I '08 Ames
Eddie Vedder Klausen '08 Summer Tour (either poster - I have both)
NYC I/II '08
Tampa '08
Virginia Beach '08

If anyone's up for doing something like this, please let me know. I'd kill to see these guys from the first couple of rows.. obviously, my number does not lend me that opportunity.. if I was older I would've signed up earlier :cry:

Also, I don't know if this is frowned upon, but I'd also be glad to pay an extra sum along with the direct ticket trade, instead of adding goods to the deal. I love my vinyls and my posters.
'05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Bump! Anyone with an amazing number who's just totally sick of being in the front? :lol:
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    yosiyosi NYC Posts: 2,666
    This is definitely a good deal for anyone who has seen PJ close up a lot of times. I may have to employ this strategy the next time PJ hits my neck of the woods as my number is in your ballpark.

Good luck getting your trade.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane

• Options
    yosi wrote:
    This is definitely a good deal for anyone who has seen PJ close up a lot of times. I may have to employ this strategy the next time PJ hits my neck of the woods as my number is in your ballpark.

Good luck getting your trade.
    Thanks! I figured it's worth a shot - it's free to ask, right? Hopefully we'll both be successful in our efforts :)

EV
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,084
    i would donate my first born son, just to be upclose, onstage with the band live in toronto.
    ok, not my first born son. that's too much. ok, i'll donate my soon to be wife. :P

:lol:
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:
    i would donate my first born son, just to be upclose, onstage with the band live in toronto.
    ok, not my first born son. that's too much. ok, i'll donate my soon to be wife. :P

:lol:
    Hm. Well, I'm nineteen. I can offer my dog? She's a runt of a miniature poodle who thinks she's about ten feet tall, but is afraid of herself. She's also highly obnoxious. Any takers? :lol:

EV
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    if they go on a full blown tour and they play a couple of shows around here - i might be inclined to do something like that ... i'm 106xxx which got me 3rd row center last time but highly doubt it this time ... and i wouldn't want anything in return - maybe make a small donation to the food bank or something ...

but as it is ... if you only get to see them once - hard to give up the tickets for anything ...
  • Options
    polaris_x wrote:
    if they go on a full blown tour and they play a couple of shows around here - i might be inclined to do something like that ... i'm 106xxx which got me 3rd row center last time but highly doubt it this time ... and i wouldn't want anything in return - maybe make a small donation to the food bank or something ...

but as it is ... if you only get to see them once - hard to give up the tickets for anything ...
    Makes sense. I'd definitely be willing to make a donation... the truth is, I need to get into doing more for charitable causes, and this would be great incentive.

EV
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,084
    benjs wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:

Makes sense. I'd definitely be willing to make a donation... the truth is, I need to get into doing more for charitable causes, and this would be great incentive.

donating rocks! 8-)
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:
    benjs wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:

donating rocks! 8-)
    One step at a time - I have to go from nothing to something - not nothing to D-status. :lol:

EV
  • Options
    jimbojones1138jimbojones1138 Posts: 3,640
    i know tons of people who sit up close each night... and they would never give their seats up. i can understand the donation thing... but isnt accepting anything above face val for the tickets (includig posters, vinyl, etc) considered scalping?
    it's largely due to eddie that i liked to jump off of things as a child...
  • Options
    i know tons of people who sit up close each night... and they would never give their seats up. i can understand the donation thing... but isnt accepting anything above face val for the tickets (includig posters, vinyl, etc) considered scalping?
    I think you're probably right about accepting more than face value - Kat or Sea, could someone clarify whether what I'm offering is alright? Also, I don't know whether it'd be considered scalping if I'm just offering a poster or a record in addition to the trade.. obviously they're valuable, but it's not like a completely liquid cash trade.

EV
  • Options
    benjs wrote:
    I think you're probably right about accepting more than face value - Kat or Sea, could someone clarify whether what I'm offering is alright? Also, I don't know whether it'd be considered scalping if I'm just offering a poster or a record in addition to the trade.. obviously they're valuable, but it's not like a completely liquid cash trade.

dude dont get me wrong, im not attacking you or anything... i just thought that was frowned upon in these parts...
  • Options
    benjs wrote:

dude dont get me wrong, im not attacking you or anything... i just thought that was frowned upon in these parts...
    Oh, don't worry - this is one of the limitations of the internet... you can't really "read" the fact that I'm actually glad you pointed that out!

EV
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    benjs wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:

bump this post or send me a note if they have a wider tour - i haven't seen them for a few years now so, not gonna be able to do it this show ... sorry ...
  • Options
    Not a problem, Polaris, thanks anyways.

EV
  • Options
    strummersstrummers Posts: 2,611

I wouldn't have any issue with this whatsoever - if seniority stays for gigs people doing stuff like this is the only way to guarantee a one-off amazingly good up front experience (I'd want to do the same if Europe didn't have GA). Hopefully they'll keep the lottery which gives a few lucky people the chance to get closer, but chances of winning that are very slim.

I say good luck and I hope you get a positive outcome.
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    http://www.strummersphotography.com

<object width="360" height="300"><param name="movie" value="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><PARAM NAME=FlashVars VALUE="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow"><embed src="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf&quot; FlashVars="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="360" height="300"></embed></object>
  • Options
    might have an easier time buddying up with someone w a lower number, so you can get their spare
  • Options
    might have an easier time buddying up with someone w a lower number, so you can get their spare
    Yeah, I know. That's what I should've done. I opted, instead, to bring a friend who I know will LOVE this show, and will not bail on him.

EV
  • Options
    benjs wrote:
    Yeah, I know. That's what I should've done. I opted, instead, to bring a friend who I know will LOVE this show, and will not bail on him.

yeah man, hes gonna have a blast... with this band it really dosnt matter where you sit - and ive been up close plenty of times, others have been in the nosebleeds, and even behind the stage... im just happy to be in the building...
  • Options
    benjs wrote:

yeah man, hes gonna have a blast... with this band it really dosnt matter where you sit - and ive been up close plenty of times, others have been in the nosebleeds, and even behind the stage... im just happy to be in the building...
    Oh, believe me, I'm THRILLED that I get to see them - I just feel a bit bummed out because, really, I can swing getting great tickets for every band for face value, EXCEPT this one. Radiohead does GA, so I saw them one person away from the barrier last summer, I've seen Clapton from the fourth row etc... but Radiohead aren't my favourite band - these guys are. Such is life though, one day I'll make it happen!

EV
  • Options
    Shameless bump #476.

EV