Options

Seattle Pearl Jam Pre-Parties, Fundraisers & Afterparties!

Comments

• Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,085
    Don't forget to add the shirt I am donating....

:D
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    Count me in +1
  • Options
    Just took a look at google map and it´s just a block away from the hotel! Plus it´s right in front of easy street records! Plus it´s a block away from key arena! Plus happy hours prices are less than what I expected!!!

Is the afterparty here too?

Have to examine the map thoroughly so that after the afterparty, I won´t get lost. Don´t know why but something tells me I´m not gonna be completely, how do you say it, 100% healthy by then. I´m gonna be flamable, so don´t smoke around me!

Looks like a fine place! Congrats and thanks foxymop!
    IN THE DARK, ALL CATS ARE BLACK.
  • Options
    pearljgirl2010pearljgirl2010 Shillington, PA/Tuckerton, NJ Posts: 3,428
    this is soooooo awesome :-)

Can you post a price for the group rate for the duck thing?
    Need a tour Travel Agent??? Pick me :-)

Whatever you are, be a good one --Lincoln
  • Options
    Ok are these Duck rides the small landing craft size boats? They have these up in the Wisconsin Dells area and are pretty fun. I used to go up there as a kid and ride them with family and friends. It's a tourist thing to do but fun for all. A boat filled with PJ fans sounds fun and silly. :)
  • Options
    We're going to do a 'Scrapbook' to present to the guys... showing our endless appreciation for all they do for us!! I'll have info posted in the next day or so on buying space in the book to write your message in or to bring your artwork from home to paste into it!! We'll also be bringing photo gear & a printer to take your photo (for a donation :) and include it if you like!!! Prices & more info on page space etc coming soon! This went over great when we did it at the Gorge in 06!!!

And we're getting the word out there!

http://blogs.1077theend.com/aharms/2009 ... p-can-you/

Lisa :)
    Exercising her will to lose control...
    she lets go
  • Options
    Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,818
    jamainiac wrote:
    We're going to do a 'Scrapbook' to present to the guys... showing our endless appreciation for all they do for us!! I'll have info posted in the next day or so on buying space in the book to write your message in or to bring your artwork from home to paste into it!! We'll also be bringing photo gear & a printer to take your photo (for a donation :) and include it if you like!!! Prices & more info on page space etc coming soon! This went over great when we did it at the Gorge in 06!!!

And we're getting the word out there!

http://blogs.1077theend.com/aharms/2009 ... p-can-you/

You are a rock star, my dear!

1st post will be updated shortly with new info.

Dig deep for your raffle donations, folks! :)
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
  • Options
    This.is.gonna.be.awesome!
    Me.and.my.friend.are.probably.gonna.show.up,I.told.her.about.it.and.she.wants.to.come.

Im.still.not.sure.though.because.she.has.school.that.day.so.it.all.depends.when.we.get.to.the.key
    and.when.we.get.my.10club.tix.and.we.were.gonna.stop.at.Easystreet.as.well.
    Its.all.ages.right?.Shes.17.im.16
    Shows:
    Seattle Key Arena 9-21-2009
    Seattle Key Arena 9-22-2009
  • Options
    yes, that is what it is. It is quite fun actually. I would recomend all out of towners give it a try.

Ok are these Duck rides the small landing craft size boats? They have these up in the Wisconsin Dells area and are pretty fun. I used to go up there as a kid and ride them with family and friends. It's a tourist thing to do but fun for all. A boat filled with PJ fans sounds fun and silly. :)
  • Options
    BS90546BS90546 Toronto Posts: 143
    I have an extra pair to Seattle 1 and 2 as two people dropped out of our group.

OBVIOUSLY face value

The catch is that I will only sell in pairs.

PM Please
  • Options
    This.is.gonna.be.awesome!
    Me.and.my.friend.are.probably.gonna.show.up,I.told.her.about.it.and.she.wants.to.come.

Im.still.not.sure.though.because.she.has.school.that.day.so.it.all.depends.when.we.get.to.the.key
    and.when.we.get.my.10club.tix.and.we.were.gonna.stop.at.Easystreet.as.well.
    Its.all.ages.right?.Shes.17.im.16
    Exactly.All.ages.is.correct!!!Easy.Street.is.directly.across.the.street.from.T.S.McHugh's.Hope.you.both.can.make.it!!!! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    In for night one. 2 of us,me and local_crew.

See ya there!
    1998-6/20, 6/21
    2003-6/1, 10/25
    2005-8/29, 9/4
    2006-7/2, 7/22, 7/23
    2008-4/15(EV solo)
    2009-9/21, 9/22, 9/28
    2011-9/3, 9/4
    2012-9/30
    2013-7/19, 11/30
  • Options
    ECMECM Posts: 1,687
    Is the beneficiary from the national or local chapter (seattle)?

http://www.youngsurvival.org/seattle
    wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    Can't wait! Chicago was sooo much fun! :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    Can't wait! Met so many new friends at the Hawaii Parties...Now one in my hometown :)
    Honolulu Dec 2, 2006
    Seattle Sept 21 & 22 2009
    Portland Sept 26, 2009
    Madison Square Garden May 20 & 21, 2010
    Bridge School Oct 23 & 24, 2010
    Alpine Valley - PJ20 Sept 3 & 4, 2011
    DeLuna Sept 21, 2012
    Atlanta Sept 22, 2012
    Missoula Sept 30, 2012
    Wrigley Field July 19, 2013
    Portland Nov 29, 2013
    Spokane Nov 30, 2013
    Vancouver Dec 4, 2013
    Seattle Dec 6, 2013
    Tulsa Oct 8, 2014
    Lincoln Oct 9, 2014
    Telluride July 9, 2016
    Boston Aug 5 & 7, 2016
    Chicago 20 & 21, 2016
    New York Apr 7, 2017
    Seattle 8 & 10, 2018
    Missoula Aug 13, 2018
  • Options
    kcherubkcherub Posts: 961
    Okay, I get a message from a friend on FB today, linking me to this thread. Not sure if she is a board member here, but I met her through Young Survival Coalition. I can't make it to Seattle, and I had NO idea YSC was a beneficiary, but I am sooo pleased! You guys rock on with your bad selves and THANK YOU!!! :mrgreen:
    I still want you all to "take care"--I am just damn tired of typing it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/kcherub#p/a/u/0/N-UQprRqSwo
  • Options

I believe it's the Seattle chapter of the YSC!! My support group! I'm so excited to be a part of all of this! The girls in my group really were (and continue to be) invaluable to me... We all know how great it is to share our love of Pearl Jam with each other...when other people just don't seem to 'get where we're coming from'. Just imagine how great it is to have a group of people that 'understand what you're going through'... when you are trying to navigate Breast Cancer... As soon as I walked into my first meeting... 10 days before heading into surgery for a Bilateral Mastectomy... a group of women looked me in the eyes and I could literally 'feel' the connection... These people I had never seen before... this wonderful organization... assured me... I AM NOT ALONE :)

Dig deep for donations for the raffles everybody!!! This is a small group GREATLY in need of financial support!

Post Edit Note... I realized after posting this that I shouldn't refer to my support group as 'my girls'... we actually have one man in the group as well. No, he doesn't have Breast Cancer (although that can, and does happen!). His beautiful wife Kristin was a member of the Seattle YSC and after a very long and difficult struggle, she passed away in early February of this year. He attends meetings with us while his two young daughters spend time with other kids at Gilda's Club who deal with Cancer in their lives. Being with the people that supported his family through is wife's Cancer and death... reminds him that he is never alone either...
    she lets go
  • Options
    kcherubkcherub Posts: 961
    Lisa...Carrie S. told me about it...I don't read the pre-party threads when I can't go...too depressing. LOL PM me your name, and I will hit you up on FB!!! :) My YSC name (and photo) are the same over there...
    I still want you all to "take care"--I am just damn tired of typing it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/kcherub#p/a/u/0/N-UQprRqSwo
  • Options
    K now that I'm on my itouch where the spacebar isn't broken I got some questions
    What is the capacity limit? Cuz I'm wondering if me n my friend get there later will it be all filled up?
    Thanks ;)
    Also does anyone know what time we can pick up the tickets from the key?
    Shows:
    Seattle Key Arena 9-21-2009
    Seattle Key Arena 9-22-2009
  • Options
    ECMECM Posts: 1,687
    jamainiac wrote:

I believe it's the Seattle chapter of the YSC!! .

Cool Lisa... I think it is too... I'll have Ms Laura update
    wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    SCRAPBOOK GIFT TO THE BAND!!

This was a great success @ the Gorge in 06 and hopefully it will go over as well (or better!) in Seattle! I have a great book with vellum sheets between the pages (to keep your creations safe!) that is a blank canvas... waiting for FANS to fill it with art/love/words/photographs... to present to Pearl Jam as a 'Thank You' from all of us for doing what they do... and creating the light... that makes each of us shine like stars :)

We will be set up at the preparties (both days Sept 21/22) with all kinds of pencils/markers/stickers/embelishments/ect. for you to 'create your special page' ON THE SPOT... OR... you can prepare your art/words ahead of time and just attach into the space we have reserved for you. We'll also have photo equipment/laptop/printer on site so if you want to have your 'I can't believe we're all here together and the key is only a block away and we'll be seeing/hearing/feeling PEARL JAM' soon photo to add!! (Please Note* You must have at least 1/2 Page Space to add 4x6" photo*). The scrapbook, complete with all of your messages/art/photos/love... will be presented to a band member (somehow ;) ) during the Tue/Sept/22nd show!

To reserve a space in the book please PM me and I will assure you're saved a spot. All $ will be collected 'day of'.

2009 SEATTLE SCRAPBOOK

Total Pages = 42
    Each Page = 13" x 9.5"

PRICES

FULL PAGE - 13" x 9.5" = $20.00

HALF PAGE - 6.5" x 9.5" = $10.00

QUARTER PAGE = 6.5" x 4.75" = $5.00

PHOTOS (Shot & Printed 'ON THE SPOT' by Us!) = $5.00 (4x6)

**Above measurements are the 'entire page'. If you are creating your own art/words to paste into the book, please allow for 1/4" margins on all sides.**

**If you have something 'extensive' in mind to add to the book... please consider creating it beforehand and bringing to add to the book, that way everyone will have time to get their stuff in**
    she lets go
  • Options
    I love this scrapbook idea!!!! Seattle will be here before we know it :o

• Options
    ALKI BEACH MEETUP - SAT/SEPT/19/2009!

We're not sure yet whether this will be a 'Full On' BBQ or a BEACH JAM/FIREPIT/SING ALONG? But either way... it's time to get some information going!! (Thanks Gregor! I borrowed your location/direction info from 2005!) If we decide to do the BBQ, out of towners need not worry... the locals will make sure there's food! If we're just going for the Jam, there are lots of pubs/restaurants all along the beach so plenty of places to get dinner! **Please Note** It is ILLEGAL to consume ALCOHOL on the beach... so we shall provide opaque cups :)

The Meetup will be at Alki Beach in West Seattle, Saturday evening, 9/19/2009, around 6:00PM. **We'll sort out a 'potluck' situation with the locals if we're doing full on food**

Lots of PJ fans should be in the area for the Seattle, Portland and Vancouver shows- hope to see you guys there!

As of today (09/05/09) I 'believe' there will be a Midnight Sale on this date 09/19/09 of BACKSPACER @ Easy Street Records! but not sure whether it will be @ the W. Seattle or Queen Anne location? Either way, we have to be off the beach (by law of the land!) at 10PM and we'll sort out public transportation to either site from the beach!

Driving Directions:

Meet up near the mini Statue of Liberty, which is on the grassy area west of the sandy beach.

http://maps.msn.com/map.aspx?C=47.57911 ... c+WA+98116

From Seatac Airport :
    Follow signs to I-5 North (they're easy to find)
    Take exit 163 (West Seattle Bridge)

From Downtown Seattle:
    Follow signs to I-5 South
    Take exit 163 (West Seattle Bridge)

As you cross over the bridge, move to the right lanes
    Take the "Harbor AVE" exit (NOT Harbor ISLAND!)
    Take a right at the stoplight, and follow the park/waterline for about 4 miles.
    When you pass the beach/volleyball courts, start looking for parking. The MeetUp will be in the area near the Statue of Liberty, which is about 200 yards past the sandy beach area.

By Water Taxi from downtown: **PLEASE NOTE** THIS IS A 'SEASONAL' SERVICE! STILL TRYING TO GET INFO ON WHETHER THIS SERVICE WILL BE AVAILABLE 9/19? WILL UPDATE ASAP**

Take the walk on ferry from Pier 55 in downtown ($3). When you reach West Seattle, look for the free shuttle in the parking lot, and ask the driver to let you off when you reach the Statue of Liberty. (Shuttle drivers are very friendly)

Time tables and more info: http://www.kingcounty.gov/transportatio ... edule.aspx

By Bus:
    Board the 56 or 56 Express bus on the southbound direction of 1st Ave in downtown Seattle. Get off at the last stop (Starbucks) on Alki and head down to the water/statue. (Bus is $1.75, exact change)

Bus Schedule: http://metro.kingcounty.gov/tops/bus/sc ... 56_0_.html **PLEASE NOTE** This bus schedule notes 09/18 as being the last day of this timetable. Will update when/if it changes**
    she lets go
  • Options
    FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,934
    ^^^Thanks Jams. Sounds amazing!!! I am getting so freakin excited :D:D:D
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Options
    yes, that is what it is. It is quite fun actually. I would recomend all out of towners give it a try.

I guess they are fun but sorry on my end they are kinda boring. But thats just what I think. ;)
  • Options
    Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,818
    Tons of updates to the first post - too many to list here!!

:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
  • Options
    JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    wow, beach party too?! You Seattle-ites definitely know how to get a good shinding goin' :lol:
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    morgie2morgie2 Posts: 1,065
    Foxy Mop, please leave room for me and the Mrs. on the duck tour. I booked before I heard about the group thing, but I'd like to tag along if possible!!
    Boston II 94 Boston II 06 Mansfield I 08 Mansfield II 08 Seattle I 09 Seattle II 09
    Hartford 10 Boston 10 Wrigley 13 Worcester I 13 Worcester II 13 Hartford 13
    NYC I 16 NYC II 16 Fenway I 16 Fenway II 16  Fenway 1 18  Fenway II 18
    E.V. Boston II 08 E.V. Albany II 09 E.V. Providence 11, E.V. Boston 11
    Troubled Souls Unite
  • Options
    A few people have been thinking about going to the Mariners game on Sunday afternoon...anyone else interested???

• Options
    morgie2morgie2 Posts: 1,065
    A few people have been thinking about going to the Mariners game on Sunday afternoon...anyone else interested???

I got my tickets already, but wouldn't mind meeting up with some fellow fans!
    Boston II 94 Boston II 06 Mansfield I 08 Mansfield II 08 Seattle I 09 Seattle II 09
    Hartford 10 Boston 10 Wrigley 13 Worcester I 13 Worcester II 13 Hartford 13
    NYC I 16 NYC II 16 Fenway I 16 Fenway II 16  Fenway 1 18  Fenway II 18
    E.V. Boston II 08 E.V. Albany II 09 E.V. Providence 11, E.V. Boston 11
    Troubled Souls Unite