Options

SLC Opener (request to the band)

Given to...Given to... Wyoming Posts: 4,982
edited March 2013 in The Porch
****Request only, not an order***** ;)

Ok, so I thought that if Mr Vedder and crew wanted to get a head start on the setlist for Salt Lake I would be more than willing to ask the favor here and now.

My two children which are my most prized possessions, are great Pearl Jam fans. They are incredible people and make me feel a little more safe about the future. They will both be in the 10c section on Monday the 28 in SLC, as will myself and thier proud mother.

Last summer at the Wyoming Little League State tournament (11/12 year olds) my daughter pitched a great game in what was eventually our last game of the year. She was one of only 3 girls in the entire tourney and was quite impressive with her nasty 55mph sidearm. On the way to the game that morning, when we were about 10 minutes from the field I cranked up the studio version of

OF THE GIRL

Regardless of the lyrics, it is an awesome walk on song for any girl that is ready to bring the heat! It is also a great song to open SLC. I know it will bring a tear to my eye if this happens.

This is of her warming up before that game.
1192-1-1.jpg

My son has been my partner in everything. He'll graduate from high school this spring and begin his journey to find himself and start his own life without me always being the overbearing sap that I am. He has a great love of music and has taught me alot about music and even more about life lessons that you dont find in a store or a library.

He would like you guys to keep with the tradition of honoring your mentors and give Uncle Neil a shout out by playing

CINNAMON GIRL

If that seems to be hard to fit in, he wouldnt mind

PRESENT TENSE

This is him getting some air off of a pile of snow that i worked on a few years ago. I am sure we listened to some PJ on the trip to the mountains that day.
MichaelGuitarsandSnowboard027.jpg

Thanks

Dave
"...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    get this above all those locked threads....jeez
  • Options
    Aaron 23Aaron 23 Allen, TX Posts: 543
    I second "Of the Girl"

SLC has missed out on anything post Yield and it would be awesome to hear!

Also, Leaving Here would be a good one to add to the list...dedicated to the ex "Big Love" women that have gotten out of those terribly abusive relationships! (I can dream, can't I? Haha)
  • Options
    F5F5 Posts: 791
    I like this thread. I'm down for some "Of the Girl" as an opener. Great idea Dave. The Benny Hall version is my favorite.
    Bridge - 10/25/03
    Mansfield I - 6/28/08
    Eddie NYC - 8/4/08
    Seattle - 9/21/09, 9/22/09
    Salt Lake City 9/28/09
    LA 9/30/09, 10/07/09
    San Diego 10/9/09
    Alpine Valley 9/03/11, 9/04/11
    Ashbury Park 9/18/21
    LA 5/06/21, 5/07/21
    Phoenix 05/09/22
    NYC 9/11/22
    Denver 9/22/22
  • Options
    Gonna need some help keeping this above page 4.

Help me out fellow parents and children...thats ALL of you!!! :)
  • Options
    my only request is of the crowd...to be the loudest, bounciest, most excited crowd that the band can feed off for 3+ hours...because if that happens, it won't matter what songs they choose to play

can't wait to see you all there!
    "...what a different life had i not found this love with you..."
  • Options
    Aaron 23Aaron 23 Allen, TX Posts: 543
    *bump*
  • Options
    Testing

One

Two

7/02/06 Denver
    12/02/06 Honolulu
  • Options
    thanks for reading this Eddie ;)
  • Options
    PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS THE 406 Posts: 6,736
    This WILL be one great night ;)

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,724
    I'm thinking Of the Girl or Sometimes.
    NERDS!
  • Options
    AndoAndo Denver Posts: 410
    Im calling Wash!!!! sorry
  • Options
    Uhhhmmmm

I still have to go with

OF THE GIRL

ITS HER BIRTHDAY TODAY!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    got the tone right Mike?
  • Options
    What a wonderful post, Dave. I so enjoyed "meeting" your daughter and son through your words and photos. Clearly these two are blessed to have such proud, loving parents – including a Dad with such great taste in music :)
  • Options
    WASH ;)

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• Options
    Still holding out for

OF THE GIRL

and

Cinnamon Girl
  • Options
    Doesnt look like there will be too many covers thrown out. Thats OK by me!
  • Options
    I'm going to have to second and third Present Tense...add to that I'm Open WITH the poetry included! I'm not sure PJ's ever done that live. Oh, and I REALLY encourage a crazy, rockin audience! There may be a reason that they haven't been here in 11 blasted years.
  • Options
    BUMP for Given to... that he gets his request ;)

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• Options
    Thanks for the vote of confidence :)

Will be talking to you soon.
  • Options
    Hell yeah, I'll take whatever you decide!
  • Options
    memememe Posts: 4,693
    Bump for the proud dad. I hope this goes your way. Then again, it sounds like you have the really important things all taken care of with your kids, so you should be exstatic either way :)
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • Options
    :D
    I miss you hippiemom.
  • Options
    meme wrote:
    Bump for the proud dad. I hope this goes your way. Then again, it sounds like you have the really important things all taken care of with your kids, so you should be exstatic either way :)

Thank you for the kind words.

We are headed to SLC in less than 3 hours. Very hopeful for a great show. Looks like it will be a great crowd, although smallish, but I really think most of the fans will be REAL FANS and not just the occasional listener that has heard Last Kiss and Jeremy. Nice place to break out some of the finery... oh nevermind, they have been doing that all tour! :D
  • Options
    PJammer4lifePJammer4life Los Angeles Posts: 2,616
    does eddie read the board or have a relayer??? good for you and your daughter.. :-)
    Bridge Benefit 1994, San Francisco 1995, San Diego 1995 1 & 2, Missoula 1998, Los Angeles 2000, San Diego 2000, Eddie Vedder/Beck 2/26/2002, Santa Barbara 2003, Irvine 2003, San Diego 2003, Vancouver 2005, Gorge 2005, San Diego 2006, Los Angeles 2006 1 & 2, Santa Barbara 2006, Eddie Vedder 4/10/08, Eddie Vedder 4/12/08, Eddie Vedder 4/15/08, 7/12/2008, SF 8/28/09, LA 9/30/09, LA 10/1/09, LA 10/06/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09, Eddie Vedder 7/6/2011, Eddie Vedder 7/8/2011, PJ20 9/3/2011, PJ20 9/4/2011, Vancouver 9/25/2011, San Diego 11/21/13, LA 11/24/13, Ohana 9/25/21, Ohana 9/26/21, Ohana 10/1/21, EV 2/17/22, LA Forum 5/6/22, LA Forum 5/7/22, EV 10/1/22, EV 9/30/23
  • Options
    no kidding..looks like Dave got his wish. I guess it could be just a coincidence, but i like to think someone let Ed know and he did it for him.. very cool it happened!
  • Options
    If you are reading this, Mr Veddder

My most heartfelt thank you. I cannot begin to tell you how deep the emotions of the show have bored into my soul. Every time I listen to Of the Girl, I will not be reminded of the opening song of the concert, but of the connections I have with my children that cannot be surpassed by any ones doing, and for that... my eternal gratitude to you.

Dave
  • Options
    memememe Posts: 4,693
    meme wrote:

Thank you for the kind words.

We are headed to SLC in less than 3 hours. Very hopeful for a great show. Looks like it will be a great crowd, although smallish, but I really think most of the fans will be REAL FANS and not just the occasional listener that has heard Last Kiss and Jeremy. Nice place to break out some of the finery... oh nevermind, they have been doing that all tour! :D

So very happy for you :D . And so happy to be a fan of this thoughtful, fantastic band.
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • Options
    amazing!
    I miss you hippiemom.
  • Options
    in eds treein eds tree Denver Posts: 539
    When I heard the beginning of this song to open the show I was blown away! Congratulations!
    keep on rockin' in the free world.