Options

Suggestions for new site

Gremmie03Gremmie03 Posts: 502
edited February 2009 in The Porch
1 - Open a new page when choosing a link. Why the need to cut and paste or use the back arrow?

2 - A Beta version. It would make it easier to view on a "smart" phone

3 - PJ versions of smilies

Any other suggestions?
Demented and sad, but social
Wrigley Earthcam/Hartford 2013
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    ac224927 wrote:
    1 - Open a new page when choosing a link. Why the need to cut and paste or use the back arrow?

Any other suggestions?

+10000000000

that is very annoying.
  • Options
    allstar340allstar340 NYC Posts: 804
    leadbedr wrote:
    ac224927 wrote:

Any other suggestions?

+10000000000

that is very annoying.
    right click+open in new window

firefox ftw :ugeek:
    08 -MSG I.eV Newark.Stone in BK. 09 -Spectrum II,III,IV. 10- Prudential Center.MSG I,II. Bridge School Benefit Nights I, II. 11- eV NY I, II. Bridge School Benefit Night II (eV solo). 12- Made in America Festival. 13- Oakland. 14- Bridge School Benefit Nights I, II. 17- eV Ohana. 18- Seattle I, II. 21- SHN. 22- ev & Earthlings Beacon, MSG, Camden. 23- eV & Earthlings Ohana. 24 - MSG I, II
  • Options
    allstar340 wrote:
    leadbedr wrote:
    ac224927 wrote:

Any other suggestions?

+10000000000

that is very annoying.

Whoa it works!
  • Options
    ac224927 wrote:
    YES!!!!!!!!!! please!!!!!!!!!!
    "I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream"
  • Options
    bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,090
    ac224927 wrote:

3 - PJ versions of smilies

Any other suggestions?
    How does a "Beta" version make it easier to view on a smart phone? What do you even think that means?
  • Options
    halszka123halszka123 Posts: 1,109
    3. PJ versions of smiles is good idea:)

What about our signatures?
    Not 10c member? Have sth to say? write to me - I'll put it on the forum
    halszka123@op.pl
  • Options
    DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,752
    4. Allow non-10C members to post.

Yea, I went there.
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • Options
    DeLukin wrote:
    4. Allow non-10C members to post.

Yea, I went there.

Ya gotta admit, there is a LOT less pissing and moaning on the boards now. ;)
    "Fuck the talkin', let's start rocking." - E.V. 9-5-00

8/25/98, 8/21/00, 9/5/00, 4/26/03, 5/3/03, 6/24/03, 9/28/05, 10/03/05, 5/20/06, 6/23/06, EV 8/16/08, EV 6/18/09, 5/20/10, 9/15/11, 10/11/13, 10/27/13, 10/1/14, 8/20/16, 8/22/16, TOTD 11/7/16, 8/18/18, 9/2/18, 9/4/18, 9/11/22, 9/14/22, 9/10/23 coming soon
  • Options
    dreamweaverdreamweaver New York Posts: 715
    why would you want non-ten club members to post?? do you realize what kind of garbage we would have to dig through to get some quality information on here????
    Meadowlands, MSG 1, MSG 2 - '98
    Jones Beach NY 1 + 3 - '00
    MSG 1 + 2 - '03
    Boston Garden - '04
    Montreal - '05
    Boston Garden 1, Meadowlands 1 + 2 - '06
    Mansfield 1 - '08
    (EV solo) Boston 1 - '08
    Chicago 1 - '09
    MSG -'10
    Brooklyn 1+2 - '13
    Central Park - '15
    MSG - '16
    Fenway - '16
    Wrigley - '16
    (RRHOF) Brooklyn - '17
    Fenway - '18
    MSG - '22
  • Options
    why would you want non-ten club members to post?? do you realize what kind of garbage we would have to dig through to get some quality information on here????
    I agree
    There's no reason why anyone who really wants to post here shouldn't be able to pay the money. Plus it comes with benefits. People should stop complaining about non 10 club members not being able to post. Seriously.
    08 -MSG I.eV Newark.Stone in BK. 09 -Spectrum II,III,IV. 10- Prudential Center.MSG I,II. Bridge School Benefit Nights I, II. 11- eV NY I, II. Bridge School Benefit Night II (eV solo). 12- Made in America Festival. 13- Oakland. 14- Bridge School Benefit Nights I, II. 17- eV Ohana. 18- Seattle I, II. 21- SHN. 22- ev & Earthlings Beacon, MSG, Camden. 23- eV & Earthlings Ohana. 24 - MSG I, II
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,948
    like there isnt garbage on here without non 10c members.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    EnkiduEnkidu So Cal Posts: 2,996
    I don't like having to log in all the time. And I miss the preview thing when you clicked on a thread so you could see what is was.

As for non-members - I bet I'm not the only one who has a spouse who used to post, but didn't pay $20 because our house doesn't need TWO copies of the "Christmas" single or issues of Deep, etc. Maybe there should be some kind of spouse rate. $20 just to have the ability to post seems a little high.

I'm getting used to the new site. I don't adore the name "community." Community sounds like we all grow vegetables together and wear Birkenstocks. Message Pit sounded better.
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    allstar340 wrote:
    leadbedr wrote:
    ac224927 wrote:

Any other suggestions?

+10000000000

that is very annoying.

even easier:
    middle click
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,886
    Enkidu wrote:
    I don't like having to log in all the time. And I miss the preview thing when you clicked on a thread so you could see what is was.

I agree
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    Limit the size of signatures. Some people have way too much crap and it makes it difficult to read the threads.

Nevermind...i just realized you can turn off signatures.
    "Don't lose your inner heat...ever" - EV 5/13/06
  • Options
    DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,752
    Have you SEEN some of the posts on here recently? Calling them garbage would be a compliment. I think a lot of great fans who had a lot to offer were driven away and the board hasn't been the same since, and may never be. Some people may be happy with that, but it feels to me like the board has been neutered. Besides, as someone said in another thread earlier, free speech is something that the band advocates so why would it be ok for the band's fan club to dampen it?
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    Enkidu wrote:

I agree

+2

The annoying part is that it always makes you log in when you turn your computer back on, but *sometimes* keeps you logged in throughout the day. "Check new posts" does not work after you are forced to log in, a feature I use ALL the time.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options
    I agree with many of the suggestions above.

I also wish there was a different icon for "no unread posts" in a popular thread...
  • Options
    quote]
    How does a "Beta" version make it easier to view on a smart phone? What do you even think that means?[/quote]

to me its a simplified version of this site.

Just news, "the cummunity" and goods section

Beta version
  • Options
    ac224927 wrote:
    How does a "Beta" version make it easier to view on a smart phone? What do you even think that means?

Beta version
    Beta version means its new, in its trial stages
    or at least that's what I have always understood it to be
  • Options
    bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,090
    ac224927 wrote:
    bazzer wrote:
    Beta version
    OK, well that is not what a beta version is.
  • Options
    thanks for the lesson.

for those who know more about this than I

http://developer.apple.com/iPhone/program/

Charge $2 for charrity
  • Options
    rriversrrivers Posts: 3,693
    Enkidu wrote:

I agree

I agree with you about the preview thing.

I am logged in all the time at my work computer and my home computer so it can be done. I'm not sure what I did to do it, but it works for me.
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • Options
    Limit the size of signatures. Some people have way too much crap and it makes it difficult to read the threads.

Nevermind...i just realized you can turn off signatures.

I did that too. I turned off the signatures and the avatars. I also have it where I can't see images unless I click on them. I miss the old pit and am making this new place as old pit like as possible.
  • Options
    DeLukin wrote:
    Have you SEEN some of the posts on here recently? Calling them garbage would be a compliment. I think a lot of great fans who had a lot to offer were driven away and the board hasn't been the same since, and may never be. Some people may be happy with that, but it feels to me like the board has been neutered. Besides, as someone said in another thread earlier, free speech is something that the band advocates so why would it be ok for the band's fan club to dampen it?

Yeah there are just as many dumb posts here as on the other pit. Maybe they should have made it only non 10 Club people could post, because it seems like the 10 clubbers are the problem. :D
  • Options
    mattcozmattcoz Chicago Posts: 2,181
    Pegasus wrote:
    allstar340 wrote:
    ac224927 wrote:

Any other suggestions?

even easier:
    middle click
    or ctrl-click
    or use mouse gestures
  • Options
    i would just like getting an email or a PM back, been waiting for over a month now about getting my old user name back.
  • Options
    bazzer wrote:
    ac224927 wrote:
    bazzer wrote:
    Beta version
    OK, well that is not what a beta version is.
    all i know was that the other version looked much better on my blackberry and this one freezes it too often.
  • Options
    quote]
    all i know was that the other version looked much better on my blackberry and this one freezes it too often.[/quote]

agreed
  • Options
    Gremmie03 wrote:
    quote]

agreed
    does it freeze yours too? it gets so annoying. :evil: