Options

posting pics in the threads

rafierafie Posts: 2,160
edited April 2013 in Technical Stuff and Help
How do I post a pic in the threads? After I press the Img button, what do I put in between? Do the pics have to be a certain size?
Still can't believe I met Mike Mccready at the Guggenheim and got a pic with him!!!!!

2010: 9/7/10 - Bilbao
2012: 26-27/6/12 - Amsterdam ~~ 29/6/12 - Werchter ~~ 4-5/7/12 - Berlin
2014: 25/6/14 - Vienna ~~ 26/6/14 - Berlin
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Lone Drawn MeteorLone Drawn Meteor Vancouver, BC, Canada, Northern Hemishpere, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe Posts: 1,230
    Have your picture uploaded onto the interwebs to somehwere like flickr or some such place. Place the web address of the image between the posts, making sure it is no higher than 480 px by something else wide (I forget exactly.

For example to see this:
    president-bush-eats-kitten-1259.jpg

simply place the web address : http://repairstemcell.files.wordpress.c ... n-1259.jpg

between the [ img ] [ /img ] things

Yaaaaay!
    "If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit." - Mitch Hedberg
  • Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    I'm on a mac I use photobucket, upload your own images or search under find stuff
    under each pic is a list of 4 options, the img is the bottom option, left click mouse, highlite code, commamd c to copy then go to the thread right click to see type line then command v, the code comes up hit preview to be sure it is right size no bigger than 640x 480 once you get the hang of it its easy :D
    2wduc7o.jpg
  • Options
    Lone Drawn MeteorLone Drawn Meteor Vancouver, BC, Canada, Northern Hemishpere, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe Posts: 1,230
    pandora wrote:
    640x 480

That's the size I couldn't remember!
    "If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit." - Mitch Hedberg
  • Options
    rafierafie Posts: 2,160
    Thanks!
    Still can't believe I met Mike Mccready at the Guggenheim and got a pic with him!!!!!

2010: 9/7/10 - Bilbao
    2012: 26-27/6/12 - Amsterdam ~~ 29/6/12 - Werchter ~~ 4-5/7/12 - Berlin
    2014: 25/6/14 - Vienna ~~ 26/6/14 - Berlin
  • Options
    brother123brother123 Posts: 792
    how do you put them in your sig??
  • Options
    brother123brother123 Posts: 792
    brother123 wrote:
    how do you put them in your sig??

You'd have to use HTML code
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    how do you post an animated pic as your avatar? everytime i try, it just posts the picture, but with no motion.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,850
    rival. wrote:
    how do you post an animated pic as your avatar? everytime i try, it just posts the picture, but with no motion.

Is it a gif file & how much kb size is it? There's a max limit when uploading an animated photo.
  • Options
    the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    pearl+jam.jpg

test.
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • Options
    the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    woo hoo ! i feel like one of the cool kids now !!! :D
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    demetrios wrote:
    rival. wrote:

Is it a gif file & how much kb size is it? There's a max limit when uploading an animated photo.

it is a .gif file and the size is 114,447 bytes, and dimensions are listed as 90 x 120 pixels.

hmm, guess PJ.com isn't accepting the bytes size. usually when i upload a pic that is too big, i get a message that PJ.com has resized it. wasn't receiving it this time around so i figured i was just doing something wrong.
  • Options
    rival. wrote:
    demetrios wrote:
    rival. wrote:

it is a .gif file and the size is 114,447 bytes, and dimensions are listed as 90 x 120 pixels.

hmm, guess PJ.com isn't accepting the bytes size. usually when i upload a pic that is too big, i get a message that PJ.com has resized it. wasn't receiving it this time around so i figured i was just doing something wrong.

If it's a animated gift over 100 x 100 pixels & over a certain kb size (I forget what their max was when I tried to add a kick ass Peter Griffin animated gif which didn't work), it won't work at all.
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    my new avatar is supposed to be animated but it was 150px so i was resized ...does anyone know of a site that can shrink it while keeping the animation? i really don't want to do it myself (although i guess i should :lol: )
  • Options
    i love the new animated avatar norm. :)
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    demetrios wrote:
    i love the new animated avatar norm. :)

thanks! had to do it myself :lol:
  • Options
    Thanks, I needed this...
    Hearts and thoughts they fade....
    fade away...

I am at peace with my lust.....for Eddie.
  • Options
    testing:
    [img]<a%20href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/52751627@N04/4867529263/&quot; title=&quot;Ed by Cradles Broken Glass, on Flickr&quot;&gt;&lt;img src=&quot;http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4094/4867529263_966a53fa02_s.jpg&quot; width=&quot;75&quot; height=&quot;75&quot; alt=&quot;Ed&quot; /&gt;&lt;/a&gt;[/img]

Edit: Crap, I'm using flickr. Click the Img thing on here. I click "share this" on flickr and choose the html and I've also tried it by just copying the url (it says it can't determine the size when I try that). Anybody have any ideas?
    Hearts and thoughts they fade....
    fade away...

I am at peace with my lust.....for Eddie.
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    take way all the html bs and just use the link itself inbetween img thingys
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    chelsea48chelsea48 Posts: 594
    cs_scarlet_fall_big.jpg
  • Options
    Old dog new tricks :)
  • Options
    Horse20Kicks20Kidsoapoprah.gif
    Getting clever now 8-)
  • Options
    LukinzLukinz Posts: 386
    Norm,

How did you get the animated gif to work? I've been trying to upload one with no luck at all.
    2003: Madison Square Garden 1
    2006: East Rutherford 1, East Rutherford 2
    2008: Madison Square Garden 2
    2010: Newark
    2013: Brooklyn 2 GA
  • Options
    myramyra Posts: 1,257
    testing:
    [img]<a%20href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/52751627@N04/4867529263/&quot; title=&quot;Ed by Cradles Broken Glass, on Flickr&quot;&gt;&lt;img src=&quot;http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4094/4867529263_966a53fa02_s.jpg&quot; width=&quot;75&quot; height=&quot;75&quot; alt=&quot;Ed&quot; /&gt;&lt;/a&gt;[/img]

Edit: Crap, I'm using flickr. Click the Img thing on here. I click "share this" on flickr and choose the html and I've also tried it by just copying the url (it says it can't determine the size when I try that). Anybody have any ideas?

I use Flickr too and had the same problem. You need to actually choose a size before copying the URL. It goes from small to large and usually medium works well. Then right-click or control-click on the resized image, click on copy address or link to this image and post it here between the img brackets. Works well for me since I've picked a size before posting the link.
  • Options
    hmmmmm that didnt work lol, can sumone tell me wot im doing wrong?
    IF YOU HATE SOMETHING,.. DONT YOU DO IT TOO
  • Options
    myramyra Posts: 1,257

Apparently, you get an error message saying they can't determine the dimensions of the picture you tried to post. I'm not familiar with Picasa. But if it's anything like Flickr, you should resize the picture - that's the message I get if I try to post a picture from Flickr without resizing the pic first. Can you do that ?
  • Options
    myra wrote:

Apparently, you get an error message saying they can't determine the dimensions of the picture you tried to post. I'm not familiar with Picasa. But if it's anything like Flickr, you should resize the picture - that's the message I get if I try to post a picture from Flickr without resizing the pic first. Can you do that ?

thanx jus done that so gonna try again now
  • Options
    162.JPG
  • Options
    myra wrote:

thanx jus done that so gonna try again now

wooohooooo done! thanks again, gonna post a pic of my freinds new baby in hes pearl jam gear later!
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,394
    This picture you posted above ^^^ is one of the best ones I've seen on here. You really got his right eye! :D (Actually it might be his left eye, it's just on the right hand side of your painting.)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&