Options

iPhone 5 vs Samsung Galaxy S3 Drop Test

lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
edited January 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
iPhone 5 (vs Samsung Galaxy S3) Drop Tests Show Very Durable Device and Screen

http://www.macrumors.com/2012/09/21/iph ... nd-screen/

Looks like the iPhone 5 smokes the Samsung...and that first video was done by an android website :lol::lol::lol:
I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    i find it best to not drop your phone. :shurg:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,043
    81 wrote:
    :shurg:? is this some new smilie? :mrgreen:
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    mickeyrat wrote:
    81 wrote:
    :shurg:? is this some new smilie? :mrgreen:

it's like shrug...but spelled wrong....will will fill you in.

bonus points for triple ill
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    I like my iPhone but these tests are ridiculous. I used to throw my Blackberries around the office and couldn't break the fucker. Doesn't make it better. :lol:
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,413
    explain the philoshophy... :lol::lol::lol:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:
    I like my iPhone but these tests are ridiculous. I used to throw my Blackberries around the office and couldn't break the fucker. Doesn't make it better. :lol:

I think the test was just showing the most common areas people drop their phone. I don't see dropping the galaxy from your pocket a problem...does it even fit into a pocket :lol::lol::lol:.o
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

• Options

Philosophy of what? The drop test?

• Options
    lukin2006 wrote:

yes,is what that dude at the video said.philoshophy of droping test. :lol:
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    lukin2006 wrote:

yes,is what that dude at the video said.philoshophy of droping test. :lol:

Durability...I guess people want some durability for their coin...I was amazed at how easily the Samsung damaged.

• Options
    lukin2006 wrote:
    [

Durability...I guess people want some durability for their coin...I was amazed at how easily the Samsung damaged.
    you cant imagine how i felt.when i saw this....i put my galaxy s3 on a pillow for be safe :lol::lol:
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    lukin2006 wrote:
    does it even fit into a pocket :lol::lol::lol:.o

Now this is true. :lol:
  • Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    I just got one of these Samsung Galaxy thingamabobs. I'm not techy in any way shape or form. I've had the damn thing for a week but I haven't activated it yet because I'm afraid of losing all my contacts. Can I just put my old sim card into the new phone? I refuse to go to have someone hook this thing up for me. I am woman hear me roar!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    perhaps visiting a verizon store would be the way to go. :lol:

post up your old phone model.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    I just got one of these Samsung Galaxy thingamabobs. I'm not techy in any way shape or form. I've had the damn thing for a week but I haven't activated it yet because I'm afraid of losing all my contacts. Can I just put my old sim card into the new phone? I refuse to go to have someone hook this thing up for me. I am woman hear me roar!

So even the entire city of St. Louis couldn't help you?
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:

in fairness, it was st louis
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217
    I think half the folks I know with an iphone have a smashed up screen. Cant they toughen it up a notch for fucksake? Or maybe they need to introduce the official bubble-wrap case?
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    a. i actually dropped my iphone 4 off my deck onto the concrete and it only scratched the outside.
    b. the most common drop i have is when i have the phone on my lap and stand up -- usually getting out of the car.
    c. i got an otterbox and feel real safe now. its a little bulky but totally worth it. Water- no problem. Drop it - no problem. Spill coffee on it - no problem. Dog mistakes it for a chew toy - no problem
  • Options
    a. i actually dropped my iphone 4 off my deck onto the concrete and it only scratched the outside.
    b. the most common drop i have is when i have the phone on my lap and stand up -- usually getting out of the car.
    c. i got an otterbox and feel real safe now. its a little bulky but totally worth it. Water- no problem. Drop it - no problem. Spill coffee on it - no problem. Dog mistakes it for a chew toy - no problem

why do you put the phone in your lap while driving?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:

why do you put the phone in your lap while driving?
    Separation Anxiety Disorder
  • Options
    LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    my favorite case ever

bookbook_iphone_5.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    perhaps visiting a verizon store would be the way to go. :lol:
    post up your old phone model.

I've got AT&T, not Verizon. I currently have the Palm Pre. It's a POS but I love that little guy!
    DS1119 wrote:

I never even took the phone out of my bag. It was an all out booze-fest from the second I got there. You know me better than that! :lol:
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Post edited by 81 on
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    http://www.evo4gforum.net/15-htc-evo-4g-troubleshooting-tips-tricks/977-exporting-contacts-palm-pre.html

looks pretty easy.

once you get the vcf file exported and moved onto your desktop, you can hook up your new phone, drag the vcf file to the sd card on the new phone, then open up "people" on your new phone and import them.

Sounds easy enough. You know what you do with the iPhone? You turn it on and tap a button. :lol:
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    http://www.evo4gforum.net/15-htc-evo-4g-troubleshooting-tips-tricks/977-exporting-contacts-palm-pre.html

looks pretty easy.

once you get the vcf file exported and moved onto your desktop, you can hook up your new phone, drag the vcf file to the sd card on the new phone, then open up "people" on your new phone and import them.

Sounds easy enough. You know what you do with the iPhone? You turn it on and tap a button. :lol:

but in this case, we are switching between systems...

if i were to upgrade my phone, i'd back up the data, and reload them when i fired up the new phone.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:

Wait a minute. Now I have to hook the damn thing up to my computer?

:fp: :fp:
  • Options
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    81 wrote:

just take it to att. they deal with this shit all day. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    81 wrote:

just take it to att. they deal with this shit all day. :lol:

FINE!!

Stupid frigging phones. I miss the days of beepers!