Columbia 16
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Serious post?
  • Options
    jjheel13jjheel13 Durham, NC Posts: 222
    Yes...Pearl Jam has always been my one lone spot for happiness and now I have to chance to fulfill a dream but it's so far away. Please help Jammers.
    Bristow 10
    Boston 10
    Moline 14
    Greenville 16
    Hampton 16
    Columbia 16
  • Options
    bump
    Bristow 10
    Boston 10
    Moline 14
    Greenville 16
    Hampton 16
    Columbia 16
  • Options
    WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    barger395 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    I don't want to sound mean or anything but times are tough for a lot of people out there right now. The way I see it is you have a college degree and you're currently employed. Frankly, I know moving isn't cheap. A few suggestions for you possibly to obtain your goal. Perhaps you can defer your student loans? I know the government is somewhat lenient with that so that may be something to look in to. Also, have you considered getting a second job. I know something like working at a McDonalds or a retail store (Wal-Mart, Target) may not be the sexiest thing to do but after only a couple of months and some saving you would probably have a few thousand extra bucks which should definately help with some of your moving costs.

What I'm kind of getting at (and perhaps why you aren't getting any responses) is quite frankly life is not easy. There's a lot of things I want in life and I work 58 hour work weeks for them and it's still not enough for all I want. To come here and state that you have a college degree, you're currently employed, but you want to move so please give me a donation doesn't look good at all. If my calculations are somewhat correct you graduated in 2010 so it makes you 24 or 25 years old. Way too young my man to be looking for a handout especially when you have a job and a college education.

Life's a struggle. If you feel you need to move to further your life...work for it. It will be that more rewarding when you obtain your goal and the life experience will make you a better person. Good luck.

Well said!

Cheers,
    Barger
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    Spam box.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,544
    OP, we don't even know who you are... you are coming off as a scammer, honestly. It seems really inappropriate for you to be posting this in all the forums. We all need extra money. There is a reason we are not all begging for it n the 10C forum. I've seen similar posts on Craigslist for crying out loud. :nono:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    but he has posted 105 times. Come om guys, this guy is special. He won an award in tee ball and everything. Don't we all know that this guy is the most important person in the world, in fact the universe revolves around him. We'd all be lucky to donate to his cause. :lol:

Get a fuckin clue and pull your own boot straps up, it only feels good that way, and quit looking for a hand out you young, able bodied, educated, and (let me guess) white ass lazy boy.
    Memorial Stadium, Seattle - Jul 21 22, 1998
    Key Arena - Nov 05, 2000
    Gorge Amphitheater - Sep 01, 2005, Jul 22,23, 2006
    Key Arena - Sept 21,22, 2009
    Alpine Valley - Sept 3, 4 2011
  • Options
    stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    DS1119 wrote:
    I don't want to sound mean or anything but times are tough for a lot of people out there right now. The way I see it is you have a college degree and you're currently employed. Frankly, I know moving isn't cheap. A few suggestions for you possibly to obtain your goal. Perhaps you can defer your student loans? I know the government is somewhat lenient with that so that may be something to look in to. Also, have you considered getting a second job. I know something like working at a McDonalds or a retail store (Wal-Mart, Target) may not be the sexiest thing to do but after only a couple of months and some saving you would probably have a few thousand extra bucks which should definately help with some of your moving costs.

What I'm kind of getting at (and perhaps why you aren't getting any responses) is quite frankly life is not easy. There's a lot of things I want in life and I work 58 hour work weeks for them and it's still not enough for all I want. To come here and state that you have a college degree, you're currently employed, but you want to move so please give me a donation doesn't look good at all. If my calculations are somewhat correct you graduated in 2010 so it makes you 24 or 25 years old. Way too young my man to be looking for a handout especially when you have a job and a college education.

Life's a struggle. If you feel you need to move to further your life...work for it. It will be that more rewarding when you obtain your goal and the life experience will make you a better person. Good luck.

Couldn't have said better myself.

This attitude reminds me of someone I knew very well.He limited applying himself,would set up all these donation schemes to 'help' him make films, documentaries etc.Some people did donate and the films never transpired,no one ever knew where the money went to.

Man up Princess,get an extra job,work the way the rest of us have to do to reach our goals and stop pleading for a life that you already have.
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • Options
    How about this....I'll donate %15 of what I'm asking for to Mike's Chron's disease organization or any other organization. I have two weeks or so until the move and I'm asking for a little help. Please.
    Bristow 10
    Boston 10
    Moline 14
    Greenville 16
    Hampton 16
    Columbia 16
  • Options
    usamamasan1usamamasan1 Posts: 4,695
    Hi Jared,

Who will you be voting for in November?

human-fund2.jpg
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    jjheel13 wrote:
    How about this....I'll donate %15 of what I'm asking for to Mike's Chron's disease organization or any other organization. I have two weeks or so until the move and I'm asking for a little help. Please.

Dude. When you find yourself in a hole stop digging.
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEu7fcjg ... re=related

Happy Sunday morning to ya, Kat & Sea 8-)
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    jjheel13 wrote:
    How about this....I'll donate %15 of what I'm asking for to Mike's Chron's disease organization or any other organization. I havve two weeks or so until the move and I'm asking for a little help. Please.
    Seriously dude? After all this you're still asking??
    How about everyone donate a bit to mike's charityf, and then post the amount you gave to that great cause here, and we can demonstrate to this guy what real charity vs a bullshit scam looks like?
    Okay, I just donated $20 to the Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of America ( http://www.ccfa.org/). $20 you'll never see jjheel. :D Thanks for the shout out for Mike's charity! :thumbup:
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,732
    Look at it this way, jjheel, by taking the easy way out and having others fund your move, you're depriving yourself of a great experience. When I was in my early twenties I moved with my girl friend, two cats, a guitar, a trunk full of our belongings and a couple hundred bucks to our name from California to New York. Was it easy? Not really. If I had it to do all over, would I do it differently? Hell no- it was a terrific growing experience. You're young and (considering you have a college degree) privileged. Don't bum off others for your ride when you have it within you to make it happen for yourself and don't waste an opportunity to live and learn on your own strength.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    barger395barger395 Posts: 855
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    jjheel13 wrote:
    How about this....I'll donate %15 of what I'm asking for to Mike's Chron's disease organization or any other organization. I havve two weeks or so until the move and I'm asking for a little help. Please.
    How about everyone donate a bit to mike's charity, and then post the amount you gave to that great cause here, and we can demonstrate to this guy what real charity vs a bullshit scam looks like?
    Okay, I just donated $20 to the Crohen's and Colitis Foundation of America ( http://www.ccfa.org/). $20 you'll never see jjheel. :D Thanks for the shout out for Mike's charity! :thumbup:

$50 donated to CCFA. That felt gooooooooooood!! 8-)

Cheers, and thanks for the idea PJ_Soul!! :thumbup: :thumbup:
    Barger
    Seen the Best Rock Band on the Planet a few times here and there.
  • Options
    barger395 wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    jjheel13 wrote:
    How about everyone donate a bit to mike's charity, and then post the amount you gave to that great cause here, and we can demonstrate to this guy what real charity vs a bullshit scam looks like?
    Okay, I just donated $20 to the Crohen's and Colitis Foundation of America ( http://www.ccfa.org/). $20 you'll never see jjheel. :D Thanks for the shout out for Mike's charity! :thumbup:

$50 donated to CCFA. That felt gooooooooooood!! 8-)

Cheers, and thanks for the idea PJ_Soul!! :thumbup: :thumbup:
    Barger
    :clap:
  • Options
    AlbertaGirl70_AlbertaGirl70_ Posts: 1,738
    Sorry but these people deserve everything that you are trying to but will not get.Their true thanks is as obvious as yours is fake....

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=181598&start=630
    I will walk w/my hands bound
    I will walk w/my face blood
    I will walk w/my shadow flag

Memories back when she was smooth and strong
    and waiting for the world to come along...

Eddie solo Vegas Oct 31,Nov 1 2012
  • Options
    cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453
    I'll gladly give you $10k today. However, you will have to pay me back $15k at this time next year. Let me know and I'll have my lawyer draft up a contract. :roll:
  • Options
    Tenzing N.Tenzing N. Posts: 466
    Just donated $25 dollars to CCFA. Felt great too.
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today
  • Options
    Tenzing N. wrote:
    Just donated $25 dollars to CCFA. Felt great too.
    :thumbup:
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    I'll gladly give you $10k today. However, you will have to pay me back $15k at this time next year. Let me know and I'll have my lawyer draft up a contract. :roll:

I'd sign up for that plan too.
This discussion has been closed.