Options

The State of "Palestine" Quiz

Jerome230Jerome230 Posts: 903
edited September 2012 in A Moving Train
1. When was the country of Palestine founded and by whom?
2. What were its borders?
3. What was its capitol?
4. What were its major cities?
5. Name one Palestinian leader before Arafat.
6. What was the language of the country of Palestine?
7. What was the religion of the "ancient country of Palestine"?
8. What was the name of its currency?
9. Choose any date in history and tell what was the approximate exchange rate of the Palestinian monetary unit against the US Dollar, GB Pound, Japanese Yen or Chinese Yuan on that date.
10. Since there is no country of Palestine now, what caused its demise and when did it occur?
11.Why did the "Palestinians" never try to become independent until after the devastating defeat of invading Arab countries in the Six-Day War?

Note: Anyone able to answer any of the above questions should certainly be commended for their creative and imaginative writing.

The ‘Palestinian People’ does not exist. The creation of a Palestinian state is only a means for continuing our struggle against the State of Israel.” --Zahir Muhsein, executive member of the Palestinian Liberation Organization, in an interview with the Dutch newspaper Trouw, March 1977.
Ed...buddy...pal...stay true to your word and play Boise again.

Seattle, 12.7.93
Salt Lake, 6.21.98
Mountain View, 10.30.99
Mountain View, 10.31.99
Boise, 11.3.00
Portland, 9.26.09
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    Jerome230 wrote:
    3. What was its capitol?
    9. Choose any date in history and tell what was the approximate exchange rate of the Palestinian monetary unit against the US Dollar, GB Pound, Japanese Yen or Chinese Yuan on that date.
    10. Since there is no country of Palestine now, what caused its demise and when did it occur?
    11.Why did the "Palestinians" never try to become independent until after the devastating defeat of invading Arab countries in the Six-Day War?

Note: Anyone able to answer any of the above questions should certainly be commended for their creative and imaginative writing.

The ‘Palestinian People’ does not exist. The creation of a Palestinian state is only a means for continuing our struggle against the State of Israel.” --Zahir Muhsein, executive member of the Palestinian Liberation Organization, in an interview with the Dutch newspaper Trouw, March 1977.

It was founded at the same time Israel was founded - i.e, The U.N Partition of Palestine in 1947. And it's Capital was designated as East Jerusalem.

Nothing creative about any of this. It's the factual record:

'UN General Assembly Partition Resolution 181 of 1947, which established the Jewish state’s international legitimacy, also recognised the remaining Palestinian territory outside the new state’s borders as the equally legitimate patrimony of Palestine’s Arab population on which they were entitled to establish their own state, and it mapped the borders of that territory with great precision. Resolution 181’s affirmation of the right of Palestine’s Arab population to national self-determination was based on normative law and the democratic principles that grant statehood to the majority population. (At the time, Arabs constituted two-thirds of the population in Palestine.) This right does not evaporate because of delays in its implementation.'
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Jerome230 wrote:

Though whilst we're on the subject of inventions, read on....

Michael Neumann:
    'In the case of a Jewish claim to Palestine, the claims are themselves dubious. Here it is not necessary to have decided on a truth, which may elude researchers forever. It is enough to show that there is serious controversy, and that is easily done. One account of recent findings can be found in 'The Bible Unearthed: Archeology's New Vision of Ancient Israel and the origin of It's sacred Texts'. It's authors are Israel Finkelstein, director of an archeological institute at Tel Aviv Uuniversity, and Neil Asher Silberman, director of a Belgian archeological institute and a contributing editor to 'Archeology' magazine. These writers display no political agenda and repeat to the point of saturation their admiration and respect for the Bible. Asher and Silberman introduce their work with the claim that:

"The historical sage contained in the Bible - from Abraham's encounter with God and his journey to Canaan, to Moses's delverance of the children of Israe from bondage, to the rise and fall of the Kingdom of Israel and Judah - was not a miraculous revelation, but a brilliant product of the human imagination."

This is the authors' exceedingly polite way of saying that the Biblical accounts are sometimes nonsense, sometimes deliberate lies, exaggerations, and distortions. The status of the Biblical Kingdom is particularly relevant to the Jewish claims to Palestine. One of Asher and Silberman's more devastating findings is that:

"The Biblical borders of the land of Israel as outlined in the book of Joshua had seemingly assumed a sacred inviolability...the Bible pictures a stormy but basically continuous Israelite occupation of the land of Israel all the way to the Assyrian conquest. But a reexamination of the archaeological evidence...points to a period of a few decades [in which Israel existed], between around 835-800 BC..."

In other words, they find that the "Great" Jewish Kingdom existed in something like it's fabled extent for a tiny fraction of the period traditionally alleged. Even then, their boundaries never came close to the "Greater Israel" of contemporary Jewish fundamentalism. The rest of the time. Judah and Israel are thought to have been, for the most part, very primitive entities, devoid of literate culture or substantial administrative structure, extending to only a small, landlocked part of what is now called Palestine. The great structures of the Biblical era are, all of them, attributed to Canaanite cultures. Moreover, the inhabitants of Biblical Israel and Judah seem to have been, for most of the time and for the most part, practitioners of Canaanite religions rather than Judaism, or of various synthetic cults. These "Israelites" were not, that is, "Jewish" in one important sense of the term. The authors refer to the Biblical Kingdom at it existed as a "a multi-ethnic society." The idea that such a past could validate a Jewish historical claim to Palestine is simply ludicrous, even if it could be shown - which it cannot - that today's Jews are in some legal sense, heirs to the ancient Israelite Kingdoms.'
    Post edited by Byrnzie on
  • Options
    Jerome230 wrote:
    3. What was its capitol?

Very interesting. The quote at the end is most telling.

And I noticed the previous responses could not provide any of the answers the OP was looking for...
  • Options

And I noticed the previous responses could not provide any of the answers the OP was looking for...

Maybe because the answers the OP was looking for were answers designed to feed racism, bigotry, and bad history.

My previous post answered all that needed answering.
  • Options
    Pepe SilviaPepe Silvia Posts: 3,758

i like this quote by Dov Weisglass, an adviser to Ehud Olmert, the Israeli Prime Minister at the time it was said:
    "The idea is to put the Palestinians on a diet, but not to make them die of hunger," he said. The hunger pangs are supposed to encourage the Palestinians to force Hamas to change its attitude towards Israel or force Hamas out of government.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2006/apr/16/israel

the geneva conventions and international law expressly forbid collective punishment and yet.....israel is allowed to force this 'diet' on them causing the majority of children to suffer from acute malnutrition

i also like these quotes by David Ben-Gurion (Israel's first PM) and a British MP concerning jewish terrorism against the British very, very interesting:

Ben-Gurion after the British imposed martial law after all the terrorist attacks like the King David Hotel bombing:
    "250,00 Jews of Tel Aviv and suburbs, core of country's social and industrial life, and 30,000 Jews in Jerusalem, mostly working-class quarters, isolated from all normal contact with outside world, facing complete breakdown of mechanism civilized life apart from food supplies and skeleton medical service. Industry crippled, trade paralyzed, unemployment threatening to become catastrophic. Industrial raw materials cannot enter, goods manufactured with available stock cannot be marketed outside. Workers cut off from places of work, children from schools. These restrictions have not affected terrorists nor stopped their outrages but instead have increased resentment of hard-hit population, created fertile soil for terrorist propaganda, frustrating community's attempt to combat terrorism by itself. Martial Law absolutely futile and senseless unless really meant to punish whole community, ruin its economy and destroy the foundation of the Jewish National Home."

hmmmmmmmm and yet this is exactly what they do to the Palestinians, isn't it??

from an MP:
    "Jewish terrorism is winning popular support as perfectly decent Jews in Palesting cannot help somehow admiring the terrorists and even assisting them when they seek refuge in thier houses....the only means to fight Jewish terrorism is to remove the legitimate grievances of every Jew in Palestine and to state objectively the historical causes for the growth of this beastly phenomenon in a decent people. Were the British to do this they could rely on the support of moderate elements in suppressing terrorism and i believe the majority of the population would turn against the extremists. If, however, the British ignore the reasons behind Jewish support for terrorism and simply demand the replacement of the Jewish Agency by another organization and the disarming of the Jewish resitance it will merely provoke the Jews into a fanatacal support of the extremists."

oh, you don't say?? i wonder why they seemed to have lost this point through the years?

Ben-Gurion on the original partition:
    "The Jewish state now being offered to us is not the Zionist objective. Within this area it is not possible to solve the Jewish question. But it can serve as a decisive stage along the path to greater Zionist implementation. It will consolidate in Palestine, within the shortest possible time, the real Jewish force which will lead us to our historic goal."

Ben-Gurion in a letter to his son:
    "The Jewish state will have an outstanding army - I have no doubt that our army will be among the world's outstanding - and so I am certain that we won't be constrained from settling the rest of the country, whether out of accord and mutual understanding with the Arab neighbors or otherwise."

interesting, seems like stealing land was always their objective.....
    don't compete; coexist

what are you but my reflection? who am i to judge or strike you down?

"I will promise you this, that if we have not gotten our troops out by the time I am president, it is the first thing I will do. I will get our troops home. We will bring an end to this war. You can take that to the bank." - Barack Obama

when you told me 'if you can't beat 'em, join 'em'
    i was thinkin 'death before dishonor'
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    O.k, I'll take the bait and respond directly to this hateful post:
    Jerome230 wrote:
    When was the country of Palestine founded and by whom?

When was the country of Israel founded and by whom?

Jerome230 wrote:
    What were its borders?

What were Israel's borders?

Jerome230 wrote:
    What was its capitol?

East Jerusalem

Jerome230 wrote:
    What were its major cities?

What were Israel's major cities?

Jerome230 wrote:
    What was the language of the country of Palestine?

What was the language of the country of Israel? How many immigrants into Israel could actually speak Hebrew? How many Israeli's today can speak Hebrew? Most of them can only speak Russian and/or American English.
    Jerome230 wrote:
    What was the religion of the "ancient country of Palestine"?

It wasn't much different in ancient times as it is today. The Religion of Palestine mainly includes a large section of Sunni Muslims and a considerable section of the Christians and Jews. The Jewish community in Palestine accounts for 0.6% of the total population in the Gaza strip. There is also Jewish community in the West Bank area. About 17% of the population in West Bank is Jew.

There are about 0.7% of Christians in Palestine in the Gaza strip while the percentage of Christian community in the West Bank is 8%. People from various religion of Palestine are an integral part of the land of Palestine. The Sunni Muslims accounts for 86% of the Palestinian population. There are about a meager 2% of Shi'is Muslims in Palestine. Thus it holds that the Islam community accounts for 88% of the population in Palestine.

The Christian community also includes Greek Orthodox, Roman Catholics, Protestants and Armenian Orthodox. There are about 1.2% of Greek Orthodox, 0.6% of Roman Catholics, 0.6% of Protestants and 0.03% of Armenian Orthodox in Palestine.

Besides the above, there are people from other religious communities in Palestine. These include the Bahai and the Samaritans. There are about 0.1% of Bahai in Palestine. The Samaritans also account for 0.1% of the population in Palestine.

Jerome230 wrote:
    Since there is no country of Palestine now, what caused its demise and when did it occur?

There is a country of Palestine now, based on the same law that established the country of Israel in 1947.

Jerome230 wrote:
    Why did the "Palestinians" never try to become independent until after the devastating defeat of invading Arab countries in the Six-Day War?

They didn't have to try and become independent. They always were independent, according to International law. See 'U.N Resolution 181' if you're confused about this.

Jerome230 wrote:

Why are you spreading racism, bigotry and bad history on this message board? You asked the above questions in order to simply bait, provoke, and insult. Now why would you do that?
    Post edited by Byrnzie on
  • Options
    Ben-Gurion in a letter to his son:
    "The Jewish state will have an outstanding army - I have no doubt that our army will be among the world's outstanding - and so I am certain that we won't be constrained from settling the rest of the country, whether out of accord and mutual understanding with the Arab neighbors or otherwise."

interesting, seems like stealing land was always their objective.....

Right, but somehow racism and ethnic cleansing are perfectly acceptable to some people, including some posters on this message board.
  • Options
    bigdvsbigdvs Posts: 235
    Really we are doing this again,

West Bank is propoganda call the place by its actual historic name, come on tell all the people for 3000 years what the "West Bank" was actually called. (here's a hint JEW-DAY-UH)
    "The really important thing is not to live, but to live well. And to live well meant, along with more enjoyable things in life, to live according to your principles."
    — Socrates

• Options
    At least give credit where its due:

http://familybible.org/israel/conflict/ ... eState.htm

I perfer the quiz with cartoons, a reminder that it is pure Comic BS.
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,181

i was just going to post that link....

i love google...

:ugeek:
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    bigdvs wrote:
    Really we are doing this again,

West Bank is propoganda call the place by its actual historic name, come on tell all the people for 3000 years what the "West Bank" was actually called. (here's a hint JEW-DAY-UH)

Nah, it's not propaganda. It's the law. The land belongs to the Palestinians, regardless of your distorted, self-serving view of history.

'Judah and Israel are thought to have been, for the most part, very primitive entities, devoid of literate culture or substantial administrative structure, extending to only a small, landlocked part of what is now called Palestine. The great structures of the Biblical era are, all of them, attributed to Canaanite cultures. Moreover, the inhabitants of Biblical Israel and Judah seem to have been, for most of the time and for the most part, practitioners of Canaanite religions rather than Judaism, or of various synthetic cults. These "Israelites" were not, that is, "Jewish" in one important sense of the term. The authors refer to the Biblical Kingdom at it existed as a "a multi-ethnic society." The idea that such a past could validate a Jewish historical claim to Palestine is simply ludicrous, even if it could be shown - which it cannot - that today's Jews are in some legal sense, heirs to the ancient Israelite Kingdoms.'
  • Options
    I love it when people start provocative, hateful threads, and then run away and hide without answering to any of the replies.
  • Options

Kind of sums up the mentality of many around here. They rely on cartoons for their understanding of history and politics - cartoons posted on familybible.org.

Maybe explains why the OP hasn't been back here since posting that b**shit.
  • Options
    "Put a Jew and an Arab beside each other and you can't tell the difference. I'm just saying." Peter Griffin

The poison from the poison stream caught up to you ELEVEN years ago and you floated out of here. Sept. 14, 08

• Options
    keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    "Put a Jew and an Arab beside each other and you can't tell the difference. I'm just saying." Peter Griffin
    "Jews don't eat pork, Muslims don't eat pork... Build on that"
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Byrnzie wrote:

Kind of sums up the mentality of many around here. They rely on cartoons for their understanding of history and politics - cartoons posted on familybible.org.

Hey there. I've actually been out of town the past couple of days. I must say, I'm quite amused that I ruffled your feathers THAT much.

Yes, I got that from an old cartoon, never heard of familybible.org though...However, I was just skimming the surface. It looks like you've got your "facts" from Wikipedia. I can't seem to explain the clueless-ness from your postings otherwise...Please do your research before you run your mouth, it'll save you face in the long haul. I invite you to actually READ what I'm about to tell you, instead of just skimming it and writing it off. You might learn something.

The historical regions today called Israel was renamed "palestina" in the year 135 by the Roman emperor Hadrian after he defeated the Jews in their last revolt against Rome. The name was taken from the "philistines", a group of people who had come to Israel and the Gaza area of Israel from the Islands of the Mediterranean. The name was given as a slam against the Jews because the history of constant war between the Jews and the Philistines. Hadrian wanted to erase everything Jewish from Israel. He also renamed Jerusalem "Aelia Capitolina". So the region of Israel was renamed "palestine" basically by the British and it was always JEWISH Palestine with a handful of arabs living there. There has never been a nation of Palestine as it is defined by the arabs today. Resolution 181 gave what now is the country of Jordan to the arabs and the historical area west of the Jordan River in Israel to the Jews. The people who began calling themselves "palestinians" in the 1960's are simply arabs just as the other arabs in the middle east. All of the arabs came from the area of Arabia and spoke many dialects of Arabic. The arabs who lived in Israel before that time never had a government, never had a distinct currency, never had a capitol, never had any real accomplishments. No other people besides the Jews have ever considered Jerusalem as their capitol. There has never been a distinct place called "East Jerusalem" before the arabs in Israel began calling it that for political reasons.
    The language of Hebrew has always been spoken by the Jews. The Torah is written in Hebrew and the language of worship by the Jews has always been Hebrew. Because of the dispersion, there were many other languages adopted by the Jews in the countries where they were scattered but the Jews, and there has always been Jews in Israel, always spoke Hebrew. Today in Israel there are some 120 different languages and dialects spoken due to the influx of people coming home to Israel from all over the world. The majority of Jews in Israel do speak Hebrew and it is the official language taught in schools, commerce, government, etc. Even most arabs speak Hebrew and many Jews speak arabic because of their interaction.
    There are no Jews in Gaza at present. They were all removed in 2005.

It appears you, Byrnzie, bought into the arab propoganda, hook line and sinker - but it seems to me like I won't be able to convince you of your error.
    Post edited by Jerome230 on

Seattle, 12.7.93
    Salt Lake, 6.21.98
    Mountain View, 10.30.99
    Mountain View, 10.31.99
    Boise, 11.3.00
    Portland, 9.26.09
  • Options
    bigdvsbigdvs Posts: 235
    /sitting with my marshmallow on stick and popcorn all set, just waiting for the fire
    "The really important thing is not to live, but to live well. And to live well meant, along with more enjoyable things in life, to live according to your principles."
    — Socrates

• Options
    Jerome230 wrote:
    Byrnzie wrote:

Hey there. I've actually been out of town the past couple of days. I must say, I'm quite amused that I ruffled your feathers THAT much.

Yes, I got that from an old cartoon, never heard of familybible.org though...However, I was just skimming the surface. It looks like you've got your "facts" from Wikipedia. I can't seem to explain the clueless-ness from your postings otherwise...Please do your research before you run your mouth, it'll save you face in the long haul. I invite you to actually READ what I'm about to tell you, instead of just skimming it and writing it off. You might learn something.

The historical regions today called Israel was renamed "palestina" in the year 135 by the Roman emperor Hadrian after he defeated the Jews in their last revolt against Rome. The name was taken from the "philistines", a group of people who had come to Israel and the Gaza area of Israel from the Islands of the Mediterranean. The name was given as a slam against the Jews because the history of constant war between the Jews and the Philistines. Hadrian wanted to erase everything Jewish from Israel. He also renamed Jerusalem "Aelia Capitolina". So the region of Israel was renamed "palestine" basically by the British and it was always JEWISH Palestine with a handful of arabs living there. There has never been a nation of Palestine as it is defined by the arabs today. Resolution 181 gave what now is the country of Jordan to the arabs and the historical area west of the Jordan River in Israel to the Jews. The people who began calling themselves "palestinians" in the 1960's are simply arabs just as the other arabs in the middle east. All of the arabs came from the area of Arabia and spoke many dialects of Arabic. The arabs who lived in Israel before that time never had a government, never had a distinct currency, never had a capitol, never had any real accomplishments. No other people besides the Jews have ever considered Jerusalem as their capitol. There has never been a distinct place called "East Jerusalem" before the arabs in Israel began calling it that for political reasons.
    The language of Hebrew has always been spoken by the Jews. The Torah is written in Hebrew and the language of worship by the Jews has always been Hebrew. Because of the dispersion, there were many other languages adopted by the Jews in the countries where they were scattered but the Jews, and there has always been Jews in Israel, always spoke Hebrew. Today in Israel there are some 120 different languages and dialects spoken due to the influx of people coming home to Israel from all over the world. The majority of Jews in Israel do speak Hebrew and it is the official language taught in schools, commerce, government, etc. Even most arabs speak Hebrew and many Jews speak arabic because of their interaction.
    There are no Jews in Gaza at present. They were all removed in 2005.

It appears you, Byrnzie, bought into the arab propoganda, hook line and sinker. It seems to me like I won't be able to convince you of your error.

if you wanna talk about propaganda....exactly which people is it getting wiped off the face of the map and by whom? who has attacked us in the pas; palestine or israel?
    don't compete; coexist

"I will promise you this, that if we have not gotten our troops out by the time I am president, it is the first thing I will do. I will get our troops home. We will bring an end to this war. You can take that to the bank." - Barack Obama

• Options
    What good do the "palestinians" think is going to come out of sending 250+rockets into Israel this past week alone? Do you think Israel is going to sit idly by and not defend herself? Remember, the Israelis don't teach their kids how "honorable" it is to their family to engage in suicide bombings, either.

Seattle, 12.7.93
    Salt Lake, 6.21.98
    Mountain View, 10.30.99
    Mountain View, 10.31.99
    Boise, 11.3.00
    Portland, 9.26.09
  • Options
    Jerome230 wrote:
    What good do the "palestinians" think is going to come out of sending 250+rockets into Israel this past week alone? Do you think Israel is going to sit idly by and not defend herself? Remember, the Israelis don't teach their kids how "honorable" it is to their family to engage in suicide bombings, either.

defend itself or illegal settlements?
    don't compete; coexist

• Options
    The quiz was made up by people who fear the word Palestine, how can you fear a word? You want to see a zionist shake? Say Palestine...they will literally have a physical reaction. I've seen it many times. More important than any question on a revisionist quiz, the question is why get so upset over a word? Is it because no matter how many walls are built, visits to the the UN and white house, PAC dollars raised, professors bullied in academia, that no one is buying new zionist history, I think even the original zionists would laugh at this quiz and the new narrative that the oppressors and thieves are trying to push onto the oppressed and the world.

"When the Zionists decided in 1897 to establish a Jewish state in Palestine, the Jews of Vienna despatched a delegation to examine the country for its suitability. The delegation reported back as follows: "the bride is beautiful but she is married to another man". They had found that Palestine to their dismay was already inhabited by another people." Norman Finkelstein
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    "Jews don't eat pork, Muslims don't eat pork...
    Poor bastards ...
  • Options
    Jerome230 wrote:
    get out of the settlements and stop stealing land and perhaps it will stop the rockets. one is clearly a reaction to the other..

the oppressor is claiming to be the victim again...it is actually quite exhausting....
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

• Options
    edited March 2012
    Jerome230 wrote:

Well, it was the Jews' land to begin with. Again, Palestine is/was the name of the region, NOT a people. Archaeological evidence shows that the Jewish people began developing its distinctive religion and culture some 4,000 years ago in Israel. For millennia, the Jewish people have had an unbroken physical presence—whether Israel existed as a sovereign state or under foreign domination.

NOT to get biblical, but as archaeology shows, Jerusalem is the religious and political focus of the Jewish people from the time King David, from the Tribe of Judah and the village of Bethlehem, made it his fortress and the capitol of a united Jewish nation called Israel around 1000 BCE. Additionally, a Hebrew University archaeologist discovered a Jerusalem city wall from the time of King Solomon (10th century BCE), and said the finding “is the first time that a structure from that time has been found that may correlate with written descriptions of Solomon’s building in Jerusalem.” Artifacts found inside excavations around the City of David and within the Old City, the Temple Mount and Solomon’s Stables date the Jewish presence in Jerusalem as far back as 1000 BCE, during the time of King David.

I find it amusing you're sticking up for those who danced in the streets and partied on 9/11.
    Post edited by Jerome230 on

Seattle, 12.7.93
    Salt Lake, 6.21.98
    Mountain View, 10.30.99
    Mountain View, 10.31.99
    Boise, 11.3.00
    Portland, 9.26.09
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    The quiz was made up by people who fear the word Palestine, how can you fear a word? You want to see a zionist shake? Say Palestine...they will literally have a physical reaction.
    Much like the those on the opposite side react to the word Zionist. :geek:
  • Options
    Jerome230 wrote:
    Jerome230 wrote:

Well, it was the Jews' land to begin with. Again, Palestine is/was the name of the region, NOT a people. Archaeological evidence shows that the Jewish people began developing its distinctive religion and culture some 4,000 years ago in Israel. For millennia, the Jewish people have had an unbroken physical presence—whether Israel existed as a sovereign state or under foreign domination.

NOT to get biblical, but as archaeology shows, Jerusalem is the religious and political focus of the Jewish people from the time King David, from the Tribe of Judah and the village of Bethlehem, made it his fortress and the capitol of a united Jewish nation called Israel around 1000 BCE. Additionally, a Hebrew University archaeologist discovered a Jerusalem city wall from the time of King Solomon (10th century BCE), and said the finding “is the first time that a structure from that time has been found that may correlate with written descriptions of Solomon’s building in Jerusalem.” Artifacts found inside excavations around the City of David and within the Old City, the Temple Mount and Solomon’s Stables date the Jewish presence in Jerusalem as far back as 1000 BCE, during the time of King David.

The Arabs have no claim to that land. They never have, and they never will. PERIOD.

Besides, I find it amusing you're sticking up for those who danced in the streets and partied on 9/11.

some may have but many and more......

- The terrorist act was strongly condemned by every single Palestinian organization including Fatah, the Democratic Front for the Liberation of Palestine, the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine, Hamas, Workers Unions and Committees, Human Right organizations (AlHaq, Law, Palestine Center for Human Rights), student associations, municipalities, mosques and churches, etc.

- The US Consul General in Jerusalem reported that he has received a huge stack of faxes from Palestinians and Palestinian organizations expressing condolences, grief and solidarity. He himself was pained to see that the media chose to focus on the sensational images of a few Palestinians rejoicing.

- The Palestine Legislative Council condemned the terrorist attack on the United States and sent an urgent letter of condolences to Mr. J Dennis Hasterd, Speaker of the House of Representatives.

- Palestinians in East Jerusalem held a candle-light vigils on 12 and 14 September to express their grief and solidarity with the American families struck by this tragedy. Mr. Abdel Qader Al-Husseini, son of the late Palestinian leader Faisal Al-Husseini led one of the vigils.

- Jerusalem University students, along with the President of the University and the Deans of the various Faculties, began a blood donation drive in East Jerusalem. Students and professors went to hospitals in order to donate blood for the American victims who need it.

- The 1 million Palestinian students in the Palestinian Territory, including East Jerusalem, stood five minutes in silence to express their solidarity with the hundreds of American children who have been struck by this strategy, which resembles in its shocking effects their daily sufferings. (see image to the right)

http://groups.colgate.edu/aarislam/response.htm
    don't compete; coexist

• Options
    also, are you implying there aren't any illegal settlements over there, jerome?
    don't compete; coexist

• Options
    Jerome230 wrote:
    Besides, I find it amusing you're sticking up for those who danced in the streets and partied on 9/11.
    are you referring to the palestinian children dancing in the streets holding up 2 fingers in a "V" to symbolize "victory"??

it has long been debunked that that footage was taken at a different time in a different context of children raising 2 fingers in "peace sign"...

gotta love how the western media distorts perceptions...it actually works... :evil:

• Options
    Jerome230 wrote:
    are you referring to the palestinian children dancing in the streets holding up 2 fingers in a "V" to symbolize "victory"??

it has long been debunked that that footage was taken at a different time in a different context of children raising 2 fingers in "peace sign"...

gotta love how the western media distorts perceptions...it actually works... :evil:

i noticed asking him questions doesn't really bring any answers....
    don't compete; coexist

• Options
    Jerome230 wrote:

I'm not sure as to what footage you're talking about.
    i noticed asking him questions doesn't really bring any answers....
    ...and I don't see you contributing anything that would require me to answer you.

Seattle, 12.7.93
    Salt Lake, 6.21.98
    Mountain View, 10.30.99
    Mountain View, 10.31.99
    Boise, 11.3.00
    Portland, 9.26.09